The Weather Channel reaches a new low....

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jose Jones, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

Lots people don't have cable either, that's why every local station breaks in with coverage whenever there is anything you need to know.

2. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

As usual The Weather Channel is worthless. Tonight severe thunderstorms and tornados all over the Midwest. They have been on all day covering it. Midnight eastern time and it is time to fold the tent and go home. They put on some worthless ****ty show. Obviously they don't give a crap about dangerous weather after midnight.

3. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

I quit watching TWC a long time ago; I prefer the weather coverage of the local TV stations.

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I hate unattractive people. :)

5. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

This was my experience too. Supposedly one of the biggest winter storms in years was on it's way and they kept going to Washington DC (where nothing was happening weather-wise except a drizzle) and Atlanta (which wasn't in the path of the storm). WTF? I realize they can't be everywhere, all the time, But they KNEW this storm was coming and didn't have anyone in place to do any coverage on it.

It's a "fluff" station now.

905 and rburly like this.
  6. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

The Whether Channel - Whether you watch it (or not)

Gumboo and rockclassics like this.
  7. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Well, you can usually get the weather for Mount Antero..... :p

8. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Verizon dumped them for Accuweather. A channel that actual shows weather all the time. What a concept.

9. drmaynard

drmaynard Well-Known Member

Seems like one of the cable companies dropped TWC once in a dispute, and actually started their own weather channel that ran for less than a week. It had anchors and everything. Weird.

10. Rachael Bee

I believe that was DirecTV. They wanted them to play more weather and less shows. Supposedly DirecTV and TWC came to some agreement but the TWC is still stuffed with silly shows.....

11. rockclassics

I will admit I watch and like the show Highway to Hell which is about the Canadian heavy rescue company. It is kind of like Ice Road Truckers except these guys are cleaning up wrecks and pulling big rigs out of ditches.

Grant likes this.
  12. drmaynard

drmaynard Well-Known Member

I looked it up and it was DishNetwork, the channel they started was called "The Weather Cast" and lasted four days: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weather_Cast

13. Rachael Bee

Weather Nation, hmnnn....I've never had Dish. I'm so sick of Crumcast that Dish and DirecTV are tempting me....

14. rockclassics

Just wait until it rains or snows....you'll be wishing you had Comcrap back.

Lownote30 likes this.
  15. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

The weather channel really blows now........

Its quite sad...

16. Rachael Bee

I've had DirecTV before. I lost signal during the hardest of rain for a few minutes here and there, no big deal. I lose more signals from Crumcast on a regular basis with no storms or apparent reason. Their internet is purr-dy good. Their TV is P-O-O-R!

17. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

A more recent Weather Channel thread is locked but this one is open. I don't get it, but anyway...

Been hooked on watching Weather Underground (6-8pm Eastern). Quirky show. Bettes can get a little too intense sometimes, but overall it's enjoyable with some of the other people. I see Dave Schwartz mentioned upthread. He's occasionally on with his chalkboard and had a recent bout with cancer. Not sure where all the women went. They've been having the guy behind the counter do the forecasts. Would love to see Jennifer Delgado venture down into the basement!

Stormrider77 likes this.
  18. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

The weather channel is such a disgrace now :(

19. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

I liked The Weather Channel back when they, um, talked about the weather

Hutch likes this.
  20. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

They are a nice place for weather people downsized by other networks to land.
    The "Tor-Con" thing is pretty stupid but hey, that's marketing. And a way to get around certain NOAA restrictions.

21. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I like the retro commercial for Weather Underground, but that's about it. They don't even show Local on the 8's at the right time any more, if at all during the day.

905 likes this.
  22. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

It's sickening really, the product they shove out for their weather information. The last thing I want is someone, a personality, to be the draw, instead of the weather information. The way they explain things is just dumb. But, they are going for the widest possible audience. Their parent companies know something about that !

But, the IBM part of the business, the online presence, I like that.

23. zen

zen Senior Member

Perhaps it's too depressing now.

I remember (back in the 90's) when the show was kinda dull, because Mother Nature wasn't goofing off yet. ...Actually I borrowed the "goofing off" line from
    an epilogue I recently saw on "Leave it To Beaver" when the Beave and a friend were talking about Mother Nature being consistent (from the Yellowstone geyser
    going off hourly...to the 4 seasons) and then the Beave said, "Gee, let's hope Mother Nature doesn't start goofing off!" That's a pretty interesting statement in hindsight.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Gumboo likes this.
  24. Wait a minute. I thought I read an article not too long ago saying TWC was getting rid of all its shows and just going back to weather. I haven't had television since 2000 so I had no idea TWC had changed this drastically. But I did read an article saying it was going back to its roots. So have they? the only bit of TWC I've seen was their website to check if there was truth to how far they've slipped. I just saw 2 minute weather clips...

25. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm sure there's a You Tube channel for the best Heavy Weather Girls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.