New Travis single 'Everything At Once' !!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member Thread Starter

2. ponkine

EVOLVIST and r7splash like this.
  3. ponkine

Here is the video for our new single “Magnificent Time”. As well as being the official video for the single it also forms part of the movie we made for the album “Everything at Once” which will be included as a dvd in the deluxe version of our album which you can pre order here. It also has a dance which we demand you learn in time for upcoming shows. Salut! Fran

http://po.st/MagnificentTimeYT

Pre-order on iTunes and get 'Everything At once', '3 Miles High' & 'Mangifient Time' instantly. http://po.st/EAODownloadFB

EVOLVIST and crispi like this.
  4. rdog

rdog Forum Resident

!!

(Pump - almost as good as Adele with her five trillion albums sold).

5. George P

George P Notable Member

Is it me or does he sound a lot like the guy from Everclear on arts of this song?

6. deany76

deany76 Forum Resident

Just listening to 'Everything At once', '3 Miles High' & 'Magnificent Time' for the 1st time, all good.
    Really like '3 Miles High' & 'Magnificent Time'
    Looking forward to their 8th core album a week Friday.
    Travis - 'Everything At once'
    Track listing

1. "What Will Come" 2:56
    2. "Magnificent Time" 2:50
    3. "Radio Song" 2:59
    4. "Paralysed" 2:49
    5. "Animals" 3:43
    6. "Everything at Once" 2:59
    7. "3 Miles High" 2:46
    8. "All of the Places" 3:31
    9. "Idlewild" (featuring Josephine Oniyama) 3:52
    10. "Strangers on a Train" 4:52
    Total length:
    33:17

Wow, just realised thats a short album, with folk saying Blackstar's 41m:13s is short

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  7. Jennifer Tomkins

Jennifer Tomkins Well-Known Member

People in the States sadly do not know Travis. A shame because there have been some pretty amazing songs from this group, including one of the best songs released this century called, "Sing" (although it sounds a lot like "Woodstock" by Matthews Southern Comfort).

I was shocked to see Fran age 30 years in the past 10 years.

EVOLVIST, longdist01 and deany76 like this.
  8. crispi

crispi Vinyl Archaeologist

I happen to think 33 minutes is the perfect length for any album. If it's not that good, it's over quickly. If it's good, you'll want to play it again.

EVOLVIST, LarsO and deany76 like this.
  9. deany76

deany76 Forum Resident

new album out now
    cheers

longdist01 likes this.
  10. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

How is the mastering on the new album?

11. deany76

deany76 Forum Resident

I'd love to answer that but I only use Google Play Music & Amazon Prime Music nowadays with iPhone, iPod mini & SONOS (yes I know enough said).
    It's a cracking album though.

Has someone bought the CD or more importantly the VINYL? Everything At Once [VINYL]: Amazon.co.uk: Music » (the three limited reviews are two x cd & an mp3 download)

JLPMacca likes this.
  12. deany76

deany76 Forum Resident

The album ends the week at #5 in the UK charts.
    Six out of their eight core albums have been between #5 and #1 (two #1 albums) in the UK charts, an impressive 19 year discography.

EVOLVIST and crispi like this.
  13. Ricky Roma

Ricky Roma Forum Resident

Had a listen to the new album. Quite like it. Nothing new, but pleasant all the same.
    On another note, it's one of those "also available in 24/96 HD download". I had a listen to the 24 bit FLAC's, was struggling to notice the slightest difference, then ........tested... DR6 ..ouch! Same as normal CD. Someone tell me..what the hell is the point ?? It's just using up 3 times as much HDD space. If it's dumped to 24bit FLAC's AFTER the mastering engineer has butchered every last sign of life out of it then it's always gonna be a case of crap in = crap out. The HD audio market is such a scam most of the time..Rant over :)

14. crispi

Mastering was done at Sterling Sound by Tom Coyne. Same guy who did the latest Taylor Swift album :D Yes it's slammed, unfortunately (what a surprise!), but I find it sounds quite decent. There is still enough room for the music to breathe, the songs have natural build-ups and room for crescendos. Quite crankable.

I also had the chance to take a glance at the EU vinyl. Looking at the deadwax, no mastering initials whatsoever, so it is probably mastered at the pressing plant. My source says it's cut from the hi-res digital files, the already limited ones. I've not listened to it, though, just seen it, so maybe somebody else can chime in regarding pressing/sound quality.

In terms of music, I find this is their most consistent album. The highs may not be as good as the highs on previous albums (especially from their Nigel Godrich period) but overall I find there is no filler at all, which you can't say of even the best of their other work. The short running time encourages repeated listening.

Had the chance to see the guys in Paris at the Alhambra last week. What an extraordinary show, breathtakingly dynamic! They are probably in the best shape they've ever been. Fran is a very communicative chap onstage. On Friday they are performing a one-off with the Royal Scottish Philharmonic Orchestra in Glasgow. Would love to see that and how it compares to the smaller-venue shows they do at the moment.

JLPMacca and EVOLVIST like this.
  15. crispi

Just saw that there are two other videos out:

EVOLVIST likes this.
  16. crispi

And:

EVOLVIST likes this.
  17. A really great band! I've been a fan since 2001. It's really nice to see they're still having success is Europe. The Americans are really missing out.

The new album is really very solid. Another strong outing, although maybe not as strong as their last one. Still, it pretty rocks!

I haven't gotten the chance to watch the DVD yet.

crispi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.