Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. hockman

hockman Forum Resident

Most excellent! You've got your priorities right.

2. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I love the priority quote! I also love the compactness and neatness of your system. But where in the heck are your speakers?

3. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Here is what I did to allow me to move 177 pound Usher speakers around.
    Get a piece of broadloom carpet, cut two pieces the size of the base of your speakers.
    Put the speakers on them with the carpet side down.
    You can easily slide your speakers around on a hard wood floor to your hearts content.
    Glen

bluemooze likes this.
  4. B_big!

B_big! Vinyl Record Enthusiast

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .[​IMG]

Firstly thank you all for your kind words and recognition! I'm overwhelmed, but I have to confess, it took me about 8 years of living in a constantly growing mess, before I had suffered enough of it and my love convinced me to start to refurbish and rearrange my little man cave. I've thought about several years about how to build this record storage, 'cause this is the second time I have to do it. In contrast to the first system, where I simply piled one box on top of the other, I wanted to lift 'em up from the floor this time. If you watch closely a bit, you'll see 3 boxes on wheels on the floor, where I store my 12" singles. This is the best way they can be stored, you can pull these boxes out and easily flip through the singles.

This whole action was really a hard piece of work. Two weeks vacation to get the basics and 6 more weeks, beside my everyday work to get finished. No I really love my small music room.

For those of you who wondered where the speakers are: A little room needs just small speakers. They're "hidden" among the cardboard singles boxes (between no. 5 & 6 and no. 2 & 3) small Denon studio monitors. They are surprisingly good!
    Again thank you for your attention, it's much appreciated. . [​IMG]

5. B_big!

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( . [​IMG]

Of course there's a kitchen and no we don't have a pull out bed. We're living in a 3 room flat, that has approximately 77 m². My music room's the smallest, about 10 m².
    I hope, now you're informed. By the way, we have a bathroom and a separated restroom as well.. [​IMG]

Robert C, timind, Dino and 2 others like this.
  6. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Very clever! I'll bet it sounds stunningly good!

7. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

Which spikes are you using under the speakers, Don?

8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I use Herbies Gliders under my 200 lb Thiels. They work great for moving the speakers and they sound good to boot.

9. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Separated restrooms are always a good thing, enjoy the music, you did such a good media storage job, but oh my, I hope you never move! :faint:

10. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

My Mother-In-Law had it custom made in 1973. It cost her a fortune back then and it is now used in our Dining Room and my Listening Room. They are heavy, absorptive (but not overly so) and they have finally come back into fashion!

Brian Gupton likes this.
  11. Don Parkhurst

The spikes came with the original AN E SPE HE stands. The cups underneath are M.I.B. Aurios (I think - it has been a while!). The cups were quite expensive for what they are, but the company claims that they are properly engineered for this exact job. I probably would have been just as happy with other cups, as long as they weren't too ugly. I used coins at first, but they looked tacky (just one guy's opinion though : ))

12. B_big!

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .[​IMG]

Again thanx for your kind words, they're appreciated. I've moved several times with all my recordings and at the latest, I was lucky to have chosen the box concept storage system. You can easily take one box after the other and don't have do repack the records for the move. These boxes are stabile and an excellent protection for my gems.

13. Don Parkhurst

That is good to know. Sometimes you run across someone who has to be able to move their speakers that are very heavy and they are looking for good footers or spikes/cups.

I think that I got the name wrong on mine. I remember that they were made in Korea and weren't as popular of a brand. They were the largest size of three, if I remember correctly and were rated for quite a heavy weight. I just double checked through my hifi drawers in the office (where all of the paperwork and spare tubes reside) and I was not able to find the original boxes for them. Regardless, they work quite nicely : )

14. Don Parkhurst

I love your hardwood floors! (I think that I have the same ones : ))

PROG U.K. likes this.
  15. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

nice raven audio amp! aren't they special?

16. JMT

JMT Senior Member

Made a couple of changes, the Martin Logans are heading to Chicago. These took their place...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Dr Jackson

Dr Jackson Surgeon of Sound

[​IMG]

Simple for now.

Kyhl likes this.
  18. PMCH

PMCH Member

System looks great with the Sonus faber speakers. I also prefer them to the MLs.

19. trd

trd Forum Resident

Those babies will sing with that amp. Nice buy!

20. Don Parkhurst

Very nice!

21. Dr Jackson

Dr Jackson Surgeon of Sound

And they say Germans don't have a sense of humor. ;)

B_big! and Hutch like this.
  22. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

23. Love the art!

24. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Thanks, a customer did that Marley for me. Playing around with Wall reflections as you can see:)

Brian Gupton likes this.
  25. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Cool room and system, love the LSA1's...