Cheap Trick Live from Daryl's House

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ElvisRocks, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElvisRocks

ElvisRocks Well-Known Member Thread Starter

2. Oh man, buy the album! It's their best, imo.

3. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Wow! I'll definitely look for that.

ElvisRocks likes this.
  4. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

They're always great live. I always thought Heaven Tonight had a bit of an Alice Cooper vibe. One of my favorites. Robin may have had some hair plugs put in. He's been wearing a hat for awhile now. Seems strange to see him without one.

ElvisRocks likes this.
  5. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Great episode! Funny discussion and great performances. I thought it was funny that Daryl said Rick could borrow his Mandocello.

The guys from Cheap Trick have that totally down-to-earth Midwestern nice-guy thing going so strong. Those accents! Love it. But when it came time for music they were ALL business. Robin is much more intense that I would have assumed about that. Rick was a little funnier about it but like on the beginning of "Family Man" he was expecting to play the intro that's on the album and the arrangement had changed. It was all very funny and sweet. Great versions of "Heaven Tonight" and "Taxman." And interesting mention of Todd Rundgren too.

ElvisRocks and artfromtex like this.
  6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That's REALLY good...Daryl's voice blends surprisingly well with Robin's.

And Robin...His voice is amazing given the number of years and miles...and that he's a smoker...

7. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

It was awesome. They need to be brought back soon.

Has anyone done two episodes?

ElvisRocks likes this.
  8. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I think Daryl has a really great voice but if he had not done the harmony on Surrender, I wouldn't have been disappointed. That was brutal. A really good version of Heaven Tonight though.

mark renard and ElvisRocks like this.
  9. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

Todd Rundgren has done two. One was at his Hawaii home. He and Darryl do a great version of Todd's "The Last Ride".

jsayers, ElvisRocks and artfromtex like this.
  10. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Great episode and nice to hear a couple of unexpected songs along with the inevitable ones.

ElvisRocks likes this.
  11. gates69

gates69 Music Junkie

That was a great episode. Thanks for sharing the link. I have loved Cheap Trick since the Budokan album and always wondered what people thought of Rick as a guitar player? He always struck me as having a style of a slightly sloppy riff master.

ElvisRocks likes this.
  12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I think that's a pretty good description...except I'd remove "slightly".

I thought the episode was okay, but nothing special. There are others I've enjoyed more.

ElvisRocks likes this.
  13. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Zander looked like crap and he HAD to have had plugs in his head. Until that show, he had a hat on EVERYWHERE. Glad to see that MTV Live and VH1 Classic are showing the new episode on both channels. Don't have MTV Live, but I can still watch numerous old episodes when Classic shows them.

ElvisRocks likes this.
  14. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

That was a lot of fun. Zander never ceases to amaze me.

pscreed and ElvisRocks like this.
  15. :thumbsdow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.