Captain America - Civil War coming in 2016 to include Iron Man, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Falcon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yeah I remember reading the odd Marvel comic back in the 70's and often some of the stories were just a superhero having to deal with some mundane day to day or personal issues. Just...with added superpowers.

Wasn't always about laying waste to a whole city or saving the planet.

I think my fave Marvel movie is still the first Iron Man. Just the right level of drama, cool stuff, fun and action. The only thing that disappoints me is the ending is a little unsatisfying for some reason.

CDC likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

crazy money! Damn!

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Box Office Mojo and IMDB both say $170 million - who knows?

Either way, I can't imagine the sequel will cost much more because the first one was already so expensive...

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Well...seen it and was dissapointed.
    A case of too many cooks spoil the broth. The first 40 mins was boring.

5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Saw it today. Movie was ok. Liked WS better. Thought S Man was dumb but really like B Panther.

6. alexpop

Black Panther" A man of morals /principles. Similar to Capt America.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  7. alexpop

I'll know doubt appreciate it more when I watch it again on BD-3D. Wasn't very impressed with new Spidey,Iron Man( Robert D Jnr) bedroom banter was good. The Charlie Chaplin actor was the best thing in this movie.
    I think I would have enjoyed the movie more if it was Winter Soldier 2 with no other Avengers involved

neo123 likes this.
  8. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Finally saw this last night, great movie! More of an Avengers movie than Captain America movie, which is fine by me.

Tree of Life likes this.
  9. shokhead

10. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Still looks like Captain Costa Rica to me.

11. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

I would argue the feel is more that of the Captain America Trilogy, especially what was established in Winter Soldier, than the Avengers

I love these three movies as a Trilogy.

12. alexpop

1-Winter Soldier
    2-The First Avenger
    3-Civil War

13. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Just got back from seeing it. Captain America is now my favorite of the superhero film franchises. Top-notch entertainment! :righton:

davenav and jriems like this.
  14. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I give Chris Evans a lot credit. He's willing to underplay a scene. The one where he gets the call about Peggy - a lot of actors would have chewed the scenery on that one.

And, in a film with lots of characters, each a scene-stealer in their own right, his methodical approach is just pitch-perfect.

CDC, superstar19, PH416156 and 3 others like this.
  15. shokhead

Yes, I like Chris Evans a lot.

16. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Saw it last night, it was alright. It was a better Avengers movie than Ultron but wasn't as good as Winter Soldier. More than anything, being familiar with the original Civil War storyline, I'm more than curious if the movies will follow the comics 'cause I gotta say, it's a great story! But it'll take some Vibranium cojones for them to do what was done in the books!

17. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Winter Soldier set the bar high, didn't it?

I'm just satisfied with this one as is, a very, very good action movie with an involving theme about freedom & responsibility.

The interplay between the cast is well-handled even as future story arcs are developed.

18. alexpop

New IRON MAN is a 15 year old black girl. What's this with rebooty? :)

19. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

I agree with y'all; Evans is a perfect Captain America. The right amount of drama re the death of Peggy. One of my least favorite parts of the early X-men movies is seeing Hugh Jackman cry like a baby in a couple scenes; just too much (otherwise he's a great Wolverine).

Really liked Civil War but, as some have said in this thread, would enjoy some smaller scale stories. The dramas higher for me when the stakes are smaller because you "know" the earth won't be destroyed!

20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I think it's tough for them to go back to smaller stories because they think those will feel like backwards steps for the audience. They probably think every movie has to be bigger, bigger, bigger!

But I'm with you - I'd like to see more MCU movies that really just concentrate on the lead character. As much as I liked "Civil War", it really did feel like "Avengers 3"...

CDC likes this.
  21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I fell asleep watching this last night, will give another go later, not impressed so far, the action sequences have this weird staggering effect that I loathe, extremely videogamish/fake.

SamS likes this.
  22. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

A dissapointment for sure along with Age of Ultron after the fine Winter soldier

alexpop likes this.
  23. alexpop

Too many cooks spoil the broth.
    Should have been The Winter Soldier pt2.

budwhite likes this.
  24. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

You guys speak like this is the consensus opinion, when Civil War has a 90% on Rotten tomatoes for critics and audience score, an 8.1 on IMDB, and a 75 on Metacritic, and made over a billion dollars.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  25. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

So? I don't speak for anyone else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.