Three's Company: Janet, Chrissy, Cindy or Terri?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baba Oh Really, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

It meant she was hostile to men because they gravitated toward the brainless Chrissy, and you would NOT get laid.

Stuart S likes this.
  2. Grant

You should know that the real star of the show was always John Ritter. He is the one who provided the best slapstick comedy since Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett. In fact, Lucille Ball gave her props by hosting an anniversary show for Three's Company. That alone gave the late John Ritter the highest respect! Without him, the show would have been nothing. The evidence is in the pilot episode which featured a different guy playing the Jack Tripper character.

But, the show worked as an ensemble. The famous controversy about the show was when Alan Hamel, Suzanne Sommer's husband tried to get a higher salary for his wife by claiming that she was the star of the show. The producers reacted by writing her out of the script to prove their point. The power grab also caused a permanent rift between her co-stars.

One could also say that the script writers were the true stars. The draw of the show were the endless hilarious misunderstandings. Maybe most guys watched the show to see Chrissy's boobs jiggle and her butt in tights shorts, but they subconsciously watched it for the skits.

3. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

4. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I'll do it by the end of the night (envisions Mr. Furley's face on the other side of the bedroom door after hearing that comment).

5. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

And Janet is real nice on Vinyl
    So I take it you'd vote for Lana?

Sounds like hours and hours of fun. Will require stamina.

6. Grant

I like low maintenance! Hey, my friend was the frozen food manager at that Gelson's store in the 90s.

7. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I am well aware of all of that from the time period. You have it right that watching the show made it seem endless (when is this stupid show going to end), I just never found it to be hilarious -- at all.
    The Three Stooges on the other hand, now there is some slapstick. :shh:

Steve Baker likes this.
  8. Grant

None of 'em! Lana is definitely not my type any more than Terri. Maybe Cindy. Janet would be your friend for life, which could make a good life partner too. But she just doesn't do anything for me.

9. Grant

NO! I didn't say that at all! You mischaracterized my words.:mad:

To each their own. I found the show hilarious. After "The Carol Burnett Show" went away, "Three's Company" replaced it. See, I love slapstick comedy, and "I Love Lucy", "The Carol Burnett Show", and "Three's Company" had it all!

10. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Of course you didn't. Must be a hilarious misunderstanding. :)

Grant likes this.
  11. Grant

Do I see what I think I see?

12. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I haven't been there in years but I used to love shopping in there in the 1980s, movie stars all over the place, best produce. Of course we paid double for it but each peach was perfect.

Now I use the Gelson's in Calabasas.

13. Grant

They changed the theme music after the first season, and again when they added the Terri character.

bluejeanbaby and Baba Oh Really like this.
  14. Grant

My friend, who retired from there about seven years ago, told me that the neighborhood and clientele has started to change. The store was also featured on that Extreme Couponing show a few years back.

15. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I haven't actually seen a Three's Company since it went off the air, probably before that..

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Well, each episode is unique, realistic, and unlike any episode that came before it in any way whatsoever. You should binge watch the whole series from start to finish. :)

Pinknik and OldSoul like this.
  17. Grant

I would have to look through my DVD collection, but my favorite episode is where Jack had to make an aspic in the kitchen. I don't remember what the episode was about, but i remember it being hilarious.

18. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Terri: hot, smart, funny. (only downside is I think the actress went a little too far trying to emulate Don Knotts' comedic ability)
    And in my darkest hour maybe Janet.
    But never Chrissy---but maybe because I can't unread what I've read about the actress playing her. Even before that I don't think she ever really did it for me.
    Cindy wasn't very memorable.
    Thelma from Good Times, Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island and Barbara Cooper from One Day at a Time-----those were the top three for me.

zebop and RoyalScam like this.
  19. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

If you have the DVD sets, you'd probably want to remaster them.
    PQ is blah, could be so much better.

20. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Why is this show NOT on Netflix?

Darryl

MRamble likes this.
  21. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

What about the chick Jack wound up hooking up with seriously (and venturing off into spin-off land with)?

22. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I hadn't seen any episodes for years until I reviewed the Season One DVD in 2004. I didn't think the material aged well - it was hilarious when I was a kid in the 70s but not so much as an adult...

23. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

You're just not enlightened enough to understand the deep, sophisticated humor. :)

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That must be the case! :shh:

25. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

For all of you Teri fans.....don't forget her cameo in MALLRATS! :laugh:

Holy Diver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.