Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You'll have to do your own research on that. I'm not a Pixies-audiophile. I have the MFSL vinyl of Surfer Rosa, an album which which was my Pixies gateway drug back in the day (and what a drug that was, I bought the CD on the cover art and 4AD reputation alone without hearing a single note beforehand) along with a few Japan mini-LP versions. I am more than happy with what I have heard so far and at this moment, I'm about 3/4 through with the live concert on the blu-ray (this is almost worth this low price for admission). I have zero regrets but again, I'm not approaching it from an audiophile point of view.

2. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

Davidmk5 likes this.
  3. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I bought this (Vol 1-3) for $10 shipped from Warehouse Deals the other day, and it arrived today.

While the price is good, these are truly bare-bones reissues, with NO liner notes whatsoever. You just get the discs in a tri-fold digipack. No booklet, no liner notes on the digipack.

No liner notes for an odds and sods compilation like this is a big big negative.

5. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Mr. H likes this.
  6. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

7. Electric

I checked using the ISBN number and it does seem to include the CDs even though this is listed as a book. It's weight is listed at 4.2 lbs which suggests book + CDs, to me. Also, the Amazon description says it has the 5 CDs. Is there a version of this without the CDs?

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  8. Electric

The same product at Amazon.uk is £42.03 = approx. $60 USD, which is around the full price for the book/CD set. I'll take the chance that that's what I'm getting for $14. :)

9. Mike N.

Mike N. Forum Resident

Several Kansas cds for $4.99 Prime

Went to a Kansas concert on Friday night and wanted to fill in a few holes in my collection. While looking I noticed several titles for $4.99 Prime. Of course most of the ones I still need aren't cheap, but the following are an incredible value!

Point of Know Return
    Kansas - Point Of Know Return - Amazon.com Music »

Kansas
    http://amzn.com/B0012GMWN4

Song For America
    Kansas - Song For America - Amazon.com Music »

Also Monolith, Masque, Audio-Visions, Power, Freaks of Nature, In the Spirit of Things

farmingdad and superstar19 like this.
  10. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

My copy of 4-6 arrived Saturday. FWIW, the original edition's notes weren't very extensive.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  11. paul....r

paul....r Well-Known Member

Satchidananda and JMAC like this.
  12. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

paul....r likes this.
  13. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

14. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip about the Portishead lp. Thought I'd give it a try. If it's warped and off-center, I'll put it next to my other warped and off-centered albums that cost 4 times as much.

15. Satchidananda

Satchidananda Forum Resident

It's also 45rpm, so if you find a good one (mine was $5 from an urban outfitters sale), it will sound really nice for that price.

patient_ot likes this.
  16. Electric

Happy to say I got the box today and it is the full set with the 5 CDs. For some reason, if you order this as a book, as I did, then it's way cheaper.

17. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

Mine came last week and it had the CDs too. The pricing is very strange. It has to be the heaviest 5 disc box I've ever bought.

Electric likes this.
  18. Electric

The hardcover book it comes with is very nice.

19. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

I haven't really looked yet. I just opened it to see if the CDs were there.

20. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

katstep, black sheriff and B-Mike like this.
  21. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Thanks. Haven't heard that Los Lobos album yet. Cheaper than the CD! Up to $7.43 now but still a deal.

22. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

It's killer!

riverrat and katstep like this.
  23. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Agreed. $8.43 shipped when I looked just now. At that price this is still a no-brainer and I would order in an instant if I didn't already have it.

24. paul....r

paul....r Well-Known Member

25. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I thought it was a deal at $19! Damn.