Help me list Two Channel Amps over 200 watts per channel.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Funky54, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Did you ever mention what kind of speakers you have, I would like to know. Sorry if I missed it, in a previous post. Hope you look at the attachments in the post I just sent to you, is the A-21 or even the A-23 a consideration?

2. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good Thread Starter

Acarion Systems Alon IV towers. Sealed 12", 5" and 1" I've measured them hitting 17 hz at 101db. I love them. I listen often in a dedicated listening room to $36,000 speakers. Are they better? Yes some of them are and it's obvious. But in my opinion they dust most everything under that mark. They are airy and detailed with their suspended cabless mid and highs similar to Magapans and then there's that deep musical bass not to mention the seamless crossovers.

3. Litejazz53

Your speakers have been around for a long time, and you are SO RIGHT to not want to let them go, they are wonderful, very few people have them, and they are tough to find. I don't know what finish you have, they came in several different finishes, but I can tell you, those speakers would "sing" with a Parasound A21 amplifier. These speakers, will provide a much more rewarding sound than say the Maggie, because they have cone drivers that have slam! The mid and tweeter is exceptional, just a fantastic speaker indeed. I will post a couple of pics, sorry one is turned sideways, but the folks can see what you have. I hope you consider the A21 from Parasound, you will not be sorry. I am using mine with Aeiral Speakers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

TheseGoTo11, SandAndGlass and Funky54 like this.
  4. RiCat

RiCat Forum Resident

How do you wire your speakers currently? Are you tri wiring them? AlsoI just read a very positive review, sounds like (lol) you have a great pair of speakers.

5. Funky54

6. Litejazz53

WOW, those really are beautiful, top shelf!!! :edthumbs:

7. Funky54

They are tri-wired with oxygen free 12 gauge braided with gold plated ends on both ends. All 6 were 15' long before braiding.

I tried good quality kemper wire with jumpers first. I tried just 12 gauge, but you deffinately could tell a difference tri-wired.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  8. Litejazz53

I have to ask, where did you get the very nice tone arm record brush. I cannot find one like you have anywhere. The one on Amazon is a joke!

9. Funky54

In the last pic, is that your Aeiral speakers? They remind me of Walsh Ohm speakers. I was about to pull the trigger on some beautiful Lincoln Welsh F ohm speakers at a good price. I couldn't hear them first though. Upon mentioning it to the fellow who sold me the Alons he shared "that's what I sold to get the Alons" so I backed out of it. Always wished I could have listened to them though. Your Aeirals (if those are yours) look amazing!

10. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

Funky54 likes this.
  11. Funky54

When I first got back into vinyl my funds were so limited, and I really knew nothing about quality tables. I bought the beautiful mint Pioneer Pl-530 at a garage sale for $25.00. That little AudioTechnica cleaning arm was with it. I still love that Pioneer. I keep a Sure 97xe with Jico Sas on it.

[​IMG]

12. Litejazz53

They are indeed the Aerial 10T in Sontos Rosewood, in New condition. I feel about them, much like you feel about your Alons, after so many years, I just don't feel the need to change anything, except the electronics, which I just did with the Parasound a few months ago, everything new, including a new VPI turntable.

Funky54 and SandAndGlass like this.
  13. Funky54

I was really on the fence with the VPI scout, a used Oracle and my Roksan. I would have probably been thrilled with any of the three. Those speakers are really cool. Nice room too!

14. Litejazz53

Thanks so much

15. Litejazz53

They do look much alike for sure!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Funky54 likes this.
  16. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

It is not that the Carver products are not good amps but service is definitely an issue. The older Phase Linear amps do not have effective protection circuits in them. Carver has some strange designs and most would not want to tackle the job of repairing them.

Most modern day SS (and tube) amplifiers will sound nicer than older SS state amps, you have full warranties and you can fix them.

17. Lester Best

Lester Best Well-Known Member

BGW was a favorite. Unfortunately, they abandoned the consumer mkt in favor of the pro mkt.

TheseGoTo11 likes this.
  18. P2CH

P2CH Well-Known Member

The Dynaco 400 doesn't like Maggies. It is a punchy amp otherwise though.

19. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

BuddhaBob, Funky54 and Dennis0675 like this.
  20. Funky54

That's exactly what all of us need!! Maybe they'll go on sale for $14,000 off so I can afford them

hodgo likes this.
  21. Funky54

I ended up with Carver C-500 amps in fantastic condition. The irony is the office where I work just got in on trade a Parasound A21. So although I can't afford it, I'll likely bring it home for a few days to see.

22. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Plinius SA-Reference

23. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I have two of the A23's that have half the power, 125 wpc, and they are really spunky amps.

24. Litejazz53

If you bring the A-21 home, you will be hooked, there is no going back once you have touched one, picked it up and hear it, be careful, your wallet will get lighter.

Matt Richardson likes this.
  25. Destroysall

Destroysall Forum Resident

It is a power amp, but the NewClear Audio NC1000L can do 500WPC into 8 ohms and 1000WPC into 4 ohms.

Funky54 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.