MARVEL'S Fantastic Four 2015

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

I agree. Back in the 70's and 80's I bought a lot of comics and had always thought the FF title was really light weight akin to most DC titles. None of the FF members were interesting and more annoying then interesting. Johnny Storm was a real ass in the comics, Mr Fantastic's stretch powers were stupid, and what's that soap opera with the Submariner? FF should exist in the DC universe due to its stupidity. They should recruit the Green Lantern or Aquaman to join the FF! OK I "used" to be a nerd.

2. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Don't sell yourself short.

jriems and razerx like this.
  3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I regularly stalk you - isn't that enough to put me in your "personal world"? DON'T IGNORE ME!!!! :laugh:

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Don't worry, you're not ignored! ;)

5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The FF comics in the 70s were pretty bad. It wasn't until John Byrne took over in the 80s that it got good again.

6. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

That's kinda how I felt when I saw the Lone Ranger. I sat through the entire movie thinking, "This isn't so bad. I can think of a lot of movies worse than this one."

mikeyt likes this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

I thought Lone Ranger was decent. Johnny Depp certainly made it more interesting.

8. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I was really curious as to how they might make the stretch powers cool in this new one. The short fight scene where he takes out a handful of soldiers before getting caught was pretty cool, I thought. Bummer we didn't get much more of that even in the climax.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I thought "Lone Ranger" was muddled and boring. Not terrible, but not interesting/entertaining...

shokhead and Vidiot like this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

We were half an hour into it when I thought, "hey, Lone Ranger isn't quite as bad as the critics said." But then it started getting much worse. By the end, I was squirming to run out of the theater. Haaaaaarible film.

I don't have the stomach to go see Fantastic Four, but if I wangle a local screening I'll go by.

11. I have to agree with Colin on this. I Thought this was pretty decent. Better than the previous versions.

Oatsdad likes this.
  12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Oh my. I finally saw this. While I can see they wanted to do a reboot to modernize, imo this was really bad. Everyone was miscast. There was nothing exciting about the look or effects. The characters weren't sympathetic. The story was both generic and boring, what little action there was was rather stilted. I like that they made Ben and Reed great friends from childhood. . . but it really wasn't fleshed out enough to be moving. The two previous movies I consider eight times better.

13. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

My curiosity got the better of me - I just borrowed the new "F4" from the library... will post my thoughts once I've checked it out.

14. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

100 minutes of your life that you're not getting back...don't say we didn't warn you. I should have listened.

15. dynamicalories

dynamicalories Forum Resident

Watched this movie yesterday. Horrid.

16. keefer1970

Comments like these are only increasing my curiosity! Haha :D

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, it's far worse than that. Fantastic Four is a really, really bad movie in about a thousand different ways. Hell, some of the VFX towards the end are really cheap and crappy looking, and that's unforgivable in a $120 million Hollywood picture. I booed and yelled and threw popcorn at the screen for half the movie, and I was in my own living room at the time!

Dr. Pepper, keefer1970 and PH416156 like this.
  18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Is there anything redeeming about this?

19. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

No

20. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

I just watched this last week. It had a tinge of promise in the beginning. Then it went all to pieces after about the first 20 minutes. Came across as really half-baked. There was potential. Dr. Doom was actually done well but overall just a waste of a movie.

21. DreadPikathulhu

I liked the cast and the film up to when they came out of the transporter and were locked up by the military, though I'm not a fan of the need to tie Doom's origin with the rest of the FF. For me it went completely off the rails when Reed escaped and abandoned them for a year.

alexpop likes this.
  22. keefer1970

OK, so I finally watched "F4 2015" last night.

It was far from great, but honestly I was expecting it to be much worse after all the bad press I've read about it.

It certainly didn't feel much like a "Fantastic Four" movie, cuz aside from the characters' names and their super powers, it bore almost no resemblance to the "FF" comics series at all. The kid who played Reed did a decent job but the rest of the cast was bland.

Overall it seemed more like a pilot episode for a TV series than a feature film.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  23. DreadPikathulhu

I would be a great action-adventure TV series if they didn't have to use substantial CGI to do the effects on each of the main characters.

24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I did like the flying scenes with the human torch and the silver surfer, in the early FF movie.

Avengers Infinity Wars could have used the Surfer ..it's got every other super hero what's it in it.

25. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

If Disney and Fox reach a deal, we might actually get yet another reboot!

This time, Marvel will be in charge, though, and their track record is pretty good! :agree:

alexpop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.