If AC/DC Keeps Axl Rose on as Lead Singer, What Happens Next????

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by micahcarey, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikdavid5000

erikdavid5000 Forum Resident

Also AXL's voice has grated on me forever. He's never really sounded good, but it works for GNR and the songs (on Appetite at least) were good enough to overcome his frequently irritating vocals .... I however, love his lower register. I wish he'd use it more.... So, it's not like they're replacing Brian with Pavorati

2. erikdavid5000

I hear you. Some of us just miss Brian and more than forgave his "limitations" .... Easier to do when he's the guy who wrote many of the songs or simply sang them on the albums. AXL had to bring it in another way and hitting all the notes certainly counts .

3. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I pronounce it Axel because he sound's like he needs a good greasing. And no one's butt hurt. Brian's voice was/is the perfect fit that paired with Angus, Malcolm & Cliff took AC/DC to mega success and into the limelight with Back In Black.

What they might do after this? Retire. I know Cliff sold his home last year in Gulf Harbor and prior to that wasn't even here much due to recording their last album. IMO, I think they'll try another album as long as Angus wants to. Who will sing? Not the "Four Octave" range of a screeching Hyena I hope.

4. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Axl sounds great with AC/DC, I am not like a hard core AC/DC dude so replacing Brian isn't like a huge unspeakable offense to me. All I care about is the fact that good music may come out of it, the recent concert boots sound fantastic

S. P. Honeybunch and micahcarey like this.
  5. micahcarey

micahcarey Active Member Thread Starter

6. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Axl staying with AC/DC is a good business decision; for him and AC/DC. Gives the band some intrigue and a name that a nobody singer wouldn't. Still, I'd hope they'd take Johnson back if he's able to continue, but it looks like that ship has sailed.

micahcarey likes this.
  8. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

Post of the year so far.

enro99 likes this.
  9. Baba Oh Really

Slash and Duff will never allow Axl to leave Guns N Roses.

10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

You think? Who says Guns N' Roses goes beyond this reunion tour? I'd say chances aren't great that they do.

Slash and Duff aren't in any position to tell Axl what he can or can't do. He could leave G'n'R in a heartbeat and not miss a step with the AC/DC gig right there waiting for him. Slash and Duff are not in a position to do anything.

micahcarey and Stormrider77 like this.
  11. Liam Brown

Liam Brown Forum Resident

how does it make any sense that axl would leave guns n roses after the last 20 years of clutching to it so hard that everyone else quit. he owns guns n' roses. he spent the last 20 years making a point of that over and over. its nonsensical. he's about to do a tour with them where he is making 3 million dollars per show.

12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

This is true. G'n'R is Axl's baby which reinforces my point that Slash & Duff don't hold any cards as to what Axl does. They were invited back for a cash making tour. Slash and Duff don't hold sway over anything Axl does.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  13. Baba Oh Really

Guns N Roses has been touring nearly nonstop since 2001. No reason to believe they are going to stop touring any time soon. Guns N Roses will go on for certain. Maybe they will even continue to tour with Slash and Duff, I don't know, but either way, Guns N Roses will go on.

erikdavid5000 likes this.
  14. Liam Brown

agreed. slash and duff may not stick around, but axl is doing guns n' roses until he's dead. what was the continuing on with the other iterations of the band for otherwise?

GodShifter likes this.
  15. Baba Oh Really

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Axl somehow took control of AC/DC :biglaugh:

GodShifter, Liam Brown and Daryl M like this.
  16. Liam Brown

brings in 2 extra guitarists, 2 extra keyboards...

Baba Oh Really and GodShifter like this.
  17. erikdavid5000

November Rain with Angus atop the piano?

I can see it :)

GodShifter likes this.
  18. LDMAC

LDMAC Forum Resident

Axl Rose can not take control of AC/DC. If he did, it'd be an abomination.

19. erikdavid5000

Shhhhh! "Reinvigoration" is the word you have to use around here.

20. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

I have also seen the reviews and how a lot of people like the idea, and so i went back and watched the tube stuff again and I still think it sounds horrible...

21. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

That was then. Now that he's played the reunion card there's really no going back. He can't just get some random schmoe like DJ Ashba and expect anyone to care.

enro99 likes this.
  22. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

Nothing happens.

Dynamic Ranger likes this.
  23. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I'm more curious what ACDC do with their live DVD. I think they shot some stuff in 2015 but putting out a Brian show now......

Not sure if they will shoot any of the 12 Euro shows with extra cameras. Maybe they will when ACDC do the missing 10 US shows.

24. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

it's been a pr experience for both ac/dc and ax rose. people are talking about these guys and that has to be good for ticket sales.
    maybe they could release an album, call it "angus and axl". :)

25. erikdavid5000

I don't know how good this will be for AC/DC in the end .... If AXL skips out and back to Guns, they'll be sitting there with no singer and a good amount of bad will earned from a portion of their fan base. It seems to be mainly AXL diehards praising these shows. Once he's gone are non-fans of the band really gonna wanna go scoop up old albums and see concerts that don't feature AXL? .... Their only real hope is that AXL stays with them. It's the situation they have created.

Shak Cohen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.