Anyone else having this issue with the Elac Debut B6?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by riddlemay, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

Be careful with that stuff. The speaker's designer insists that it will not eliminate the resonance,
    probably only move it's frequency to a more audible range.

2. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

I would play the piece and find which surface/surfaces are vibrating. See if you can reduce/eliminate it by applying pressure to the vibrating surface. If this works then a well placed brace or braces will reduce or eliminate it.

Will make the resonance frequently higher and out of the range of the woofer which is the culprit causing this.

Cost cutting in the cabinets resulted in this and placing in what cost cutting took out will give you a better sounding speaker.

3. Extraterrestrial Mushroom

Extraterrestrial Mushroom Active Member

I dont think NAD's 40Watts is an issue to be honest. But still its worth trying them out with another amp.
    Am pretty curious to hear more about the issue
    Did you try adding something heavy on top of them like someone suggested?

4. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

The OP has irritating audible buzzing. I guarantee that adding Dynamat will significantly reduce the resonance and its audible volume even if it does raise the frequency.

5. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

You could always find a nice pair of BS-21s/22s. :) I have a 5.1 setup with the original AJ Pioneers - no buzzing at all. Also have a pair of BS-21s that I drive with a Sansui AU-999 with the bass turned up. No buzzing. I don't understand how people suddenly forgot how great the AJ Pioneers are.

DigMyGroove likes this.
  6. hesson11

hesson11 Forum Resident

Yes, indeed!
    -Bob

7. riddlemay

riddlemay Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just as an update, two factors have caused me to delay implementing any of the suggestions: 1) An issue with my back prevents me, for the time being, from carrying the NAD 375BEE down a flight of stairs to where the stereo is; and 2) A slight change in position of the speakers seems to have ameliorated the problem to some extent, enough that I'm able to enjoy listening to the speakers again. Long may that continue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.