What happened to Sorice?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ben_wood, May 9, 2012.

1. ben_wood

ben_wood A traveler of both time and space Thread Starter

They were builders of some fine furniture grade solid wood cd storage units. I have two cherry 300 cd capacity units that I've enjoyed using for years. I guess the poor economy was too much for them. :sigh:

head_unit likes this.
  2. nightfall

nightfall Senior Member

Yes, unfortunately they went out of business. :( I have one of their solid cherry CD cabinets and would love to get another.

3. ben_wood

Yeah, sadly, making a quality product sometimes isn't enough to stay in business.

bluesky and SandAndGlass like this.
  4. jrwr7

jrwr7 New Member

Hello Nightfall,

If you are still interested, I have two Sorice B300s. Unfortunately they are both light oak but they have the smoked glass doors. If you're interested let me know ore check out my ad on Audiongon.com under the sub-heading "stands"

John

5. adew777

adew777 New Member

Hi, do you still have the Sorice B300s? Al

6. musiclover55

musiclover55 New Member

I have a small Sorice book case without doors. In a recent move, the movers lost some of the "locking" shelf pegs., I cannot fine replacements anywhere. Help?

7. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I have two sorice cabinets with shelves and doors - I may have some extras of those unique/special shelf pegs.

Let me check when I get home tonight - I'll PM you if I have any.

2channelforever likes this.
  8. In case anyone is interested in some Sorice CD cabinets, I just posted in the classifieds my two Sorice B-300s and a B-150. Solid walnut with smoked glass doors. Thanks.

9. Mike Keenly

Mike Keenly New Member

I have two Sorice B-300 cabinets for sale in Golden Oak with smoked glass doors. They're in near perfect condition.

bluesky likes this.
  10. Hermann Hoffmann

Hermann Hoffmann New Member

Hi there - are your oak cabinets still available? I would love to buy them.
    Hoping to hear from you
    Cordially

Hermann

11. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Sorice: Outstanding quality, perfect 'high quality' furnature, Super-High Quality. Outstanding.

I've got two Sorice ' Teak ' CD cabinets with smoked glass doors. They are Outstanding. Outrageously outstanding!

I bought one teak cabinet but when Sorice was going to quit selling Teak because the prices of teak wood was to high and they could not get a consistant supply of teak... they send me a letter telling me that ' if ' I wanted a matching teak cabinet, or more teak items, they were going to STOP making teak, but they would make it for me because they knew I already had a teak cabinet model from them and I may want a matching one!

HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a company to do that. VERY cool and very thoughtful.

I 'immediately - that same day' bought another matching cabinet and 3 teak CD display holders. Then they stopped selling teak, then a few years later went out of business. They just couldn't compete selling 'quality products', Same ole story: if you are selling a quality product you can't compete with the guys selling 'pure junk' in volumn for cheap.

Once in a while a cabinet comes up on ebay but no-one knows how great Sorice was. Usually sells for cheap. If folks only knew how Great Sorice product were, and still are!!

Anyway, anyone looking for used CD cabinets and associated equipment, Sorice is mighty fine 'stuff'! :) If you can find it. Anyone who has it isn't selling it. They bought it to keep forever and use.

Absolutely professional equipment.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    SandAndGlass and ben_wood like this.
  12. Kevin Heinz

Kevin Heinz New Member

Erik, if by chance you have a few more of those pegs, or know a source of them, could you hit me up. Same thing happened to me. A few of the pegs got lost in a move and I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks, Kevin

13. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Sorry, Kevin - I don't have any left.

14. Darren Lewinski

Darren Lewinski Member

By any chance Kevin did you try Home Depot or Lowes for them pegs? That's probably your best option.

15. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Pegs are pegs. Out of sight, out of mind. No problem.

Sorice made outstanding cabinets. Fine' top quality' furniture.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  16. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

The Sorice shelf pegs were proprietary and unique. No other design works. It makes it tough to do adjustable shelves if you are missing some. You can always make some sort of permanent support, but that is not adjustable.

bluesky likes this.
  17. nightfall, if you are still interested i have a sorice unit i believe is cherry (with clear doors) and i am in montgomery county. i also have one which i think was supposed to be walnut but looks more oak to me and that one has smoked glass doors. they are both quite tall. we have the bases on them so the overall height is more like 66 inches 7 inches deep and 23 wide or so. we are the original owners and a nonsmoking household. let me know if you are interested .

18. i am not sure if my first post went through. i have 2 B300 tall storage units. one is i think oak with smoked glass and one i believe is cherry with clear glass doors. both have had only one owner, me and we have a no smoking home. i understand that there are some people looking for more of the sorice units. if you can get to montgomery county md (near the beltway and river rd) , i will take $100 each or best offer. if you email me i can send you pictures of them [email protected]

19. ben_wood

A great deal for someone in the vicinity!

20. nightfall

nightfall Senior Member

Hi bookwormwmb. Thanks for the offer, but I don't need one anymore. That's a good price for anyone looking for this high quality unit.

21. Roger Feigelson

Roger Feigelson New Member

I have several wall mounted sorice cabinets and I want to relocate them. When I tried to find them to order more hanging parts I disovered they were gone. Anyone have alternate solutions to hanging these or where else to get parts?

22. Cello1

Cello1 New Member

I'd like to buy a Sorice A300 in "brown oak" with wood shelves, black hardware, and clear glass doors to match what I already own. I can't recall what the A and B designations referred to. Anyone interested in selling theirs? I have an A150 in the same scheme but can't let it go until I find the larger unit to replace it. The units are stackable, but I've never done it for fear of the units toppling. I'd like to see a picture of any of the Sorice units that Roger or someone else has mounted on a wall.

23. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Size of an A150? B150?
    Type wood?

PM me.

24. NorDak51

NorDak51 New Member

I have a B-300 and a B-MPC in Brown Oak. With smoked glass doors and shelves. Toe-Kick base for MPC. Took shipment in Feb. 2011. Would like to part with them as I can no longer fit them in. Would like them to go to someone that will appreciate them as I did. I have had them listed on a local site in central ND with little to no interest. 95%+ condition.

25. Armjim

Armjim Music is indeed a gift from Heaven

I have a wall of Sorice cabinets in cherry. I bought these while I was living in Virginia back in 2001, adding two more of the top cabinets a few years later. I have relocated to Texas and would love to get another set-the upper cabinet for cds/dvds and the bottom cabinet for vinyl. I do not need the doors (but would not refuse to buy a set that included them). If anyone happens by that wants to sell theirs I would be very interested. These seem very hard to come by now.