Shock and Gore: The Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis now available for pre-order

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by eskaton, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eskaton

eskaton Forum Resident Thread Starter

Shock and Gore: The Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis »
    Shock and Gore: The Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis (Arrow US LE 500 Boxset All Region) (US CUSTOMERS ONLY) »

Arrow Video (UK) and Diabolik DVD (US) have forged a partnership of gore and greatness and just announced this H. G. Lewis box set, limited to 500 copies in the US and 500 copies in the UK. This release is stacked; 14 films on Blu-Ray and DVD, tons of supplementary material, artwork, commemorative items and even vinyl. Here's a run-down of the limited edition contents:

A full list of details, including a breakdown of the content on each disc, can be found on the Diabolik product page. (see second link above)

At first I winced at the price, but considering all that's included in the box, for me it's well worth it. Just pre-ordered my copy.

2. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

It appears to already be sold out at Diabolik.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Noah Cross: 'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.'

That's kinda the way I feel about HGL films.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

What? No Gore Gore Girls?

5. Oh it's in there, if you look at the full content listing at the top link.

Anyway, this was the movie that made me appreciate what a skilled auteur Ed Wood was.

Vidiot and eskaton like this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

True. The Herschel Gordon Lewis films are really bad, but I don't dispute there are fans of his out there.

7. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

We're fans because they ARE bad! :help:

Vidiot likes this.
  8. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

By the way, limiting the run to 500 copies seams a little low. I would have gone for 1,000

9. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

The deluxe Shock and Gore set mentioned above is limited to 500 copies in the US and 500 in the UK, so 1000 copies total.

There is another, less elaborate, set that contains all of the same Blu-rays and DVDs that are in the Shock and Gore set, but they're pressing 2500 copies of that one (can't remember if that's a worldwide total or if it's 2500 each in the US and UK).

mike65! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.