How can one identify mistery Mirage speaker cabinet model??

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ParloFax, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParloFax

ParloFax Senior Member Thread Starter

I have picked up these two on the street curb. Two-way they are. They seem like a fine bet (I have never owned Mirages), except for the woofers (8 in. across the furthest point), which are shot.

For the life of me I can't see any model indication on it, nor even any specifications on the speakers themselves... Made in Canada they say. And I have the speaker serial # if it can be of any help...

Cabinet is 19 x 10 x 8 deep. Piano black. I do have a photo with me. But I'd love to avoid the photo transfer thingie if I can...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    PhilBiker likes this.
  2. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

A picture is worth a thousand words unfortunately applies to this case man.

PhilBiker likes this.
  3. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

You may do better doing an image search in Google for "Mirage Speakers". My office 5.1 setup uses Mirage speakers for the 5 part. I love them. Good luck.

4. ParloFax

I first tried googling it, but there seems to be myriads of different series and models...

When I get a minute I will try to set up a pix.

5. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

They sound like M-7si model with the 8" woofer. Is there a small driver on the backs of the cabinet too? That was for ambience and probably needs a new surround. The front drivers should be fine. Good speakers.

ParloFax likes this.
  6. ParloFax

No, they're just 19'' high. Here they are in fact. Forget about the loose little tweeters on the right; they have nothing to do with it ('cause that's another thing I can't do: crop a picture...).

Perhaps it would be worth it to get a refoam kit, if I can find them local ($).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  7. ParloFax

...OK, just forget it... Photobucket ain't worth my trouble...

Thanks for the help anyway folks!

8. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Just copy and paste the last link in the list on photo bucket. You don't need to use the photo uploading thing on the forum. Just the link will work, or PM me and you can email them to me

ParloFax likes this.
  9. PhilBiker

[​IMG]

Beautiful speakers. I just re-foamed my Sony SS-U542AV speakers using a kit from "Simply Speakers" that cost about $25. It was a straightforward process - they have a video that shows how to do every step. The results with my Sony speakers are excellent.

Your Mirage speakers are model number 360. I'd get with "Simply Speakers" to get a replacement surround and learn how to install them. Based on my experience with both Mirage speakers and re-foaming older speakers you may have something there that could potentially sound pretty fantastic for little money. If you don't want to do the work let me know I may want to buy them from you.

I love Mirage speakers and have done a refoam in the past.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    ParloFax likes this.
  10. ParloFax

Great! It worked in the end (...now if I only could tell how I did it...)! I think I happened to need to refresh my page to see the actual photo posted instead of just ''IMG'', which made me think I had flunked...

Thanks for your information and help PhilBiker! Given your input, I'm certainly looking forward to get a chance to listen to these anyway!

11. PhilBiker

I did a "quote" on your response and looked at the pics in photobucket and copied the link. Enjoy!

This is what you'll be doing:

ParloFax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.