Bubba Ho-Tep Coming To Blu ray !!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Myke, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

I've been hearing about this movie for 14 years, now I'll finally see it in HD !

The search engine here brought up 149 posts, mostly positive.

Scream Factory: 13 New Titles Prepped for Blu-ray »

" Earlier tonight at Comic-Con in San Diego, Scream Factory confirmed that it will add 13 new titles to its Blu-ray catalog. Amongst them are Collector's Editions of Bubba Ho-Tep, Dreamscape, and Black Christmas "

Synopsis: Bruce Campbell (the Evil Dead trilogy) "gives his greatest and most entertaining performance to date" (Premiere) as an aging and cantankerous "Elvis" in this "zinger-filled crowd-pleaser" (The Hollywood Reporter) from writer-director Don Coscarelli (Phantasm)! When mysterious deaths plague a Texas retirement home, it's up to its most sequined senior citizen to take on a 3,000 Egyptian mummy with a penchant for cowboy boots, bathroom graffiti and sucking the souls from the barely living!

Jason Pumphrey and Mr. H like this.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Cool! Love Bruce Campbell.

Myke likes this.
  3. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Very odd film, but interesting. Hell, I'm in.

4. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

5. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

6. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

A true cult classic. Campbell is worth watching in anything he's in.

7. Myke

Read last night we're the same age. Funny how I've apparently never seen anything he's been in.

Edit : Ronald Reagan in the Fargo series.

8. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Still gonna keep my SE DVD with Elvis suit packaging.
    Uh huh huh!

9. It's a fun film but the pacing is a little slow although casting Ossie Davis as jFK is pretty inspired as is Bruce as Elvis.

10. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

The best movie Elvis ever starred in!

Had it on DVD for years, look forward to upgrading to HD!

Myke likes this.
  11. Myke

Update :

Scream Factory has dated its upcoming Blu-ray release of director Don Coscarelli's film Bubba Ho-Tep(2002), starring Bruce Campbell, Ossie Davis, Heidi Marnhout, Ella Joyce, and Bob Ivy. The release will be available for purchase on November 8.

The label has also revealed the official artwork for the upcoming release.

Supplemental features to be included on this release have not yet been finalized. (A second announcement will detail them when they become available).

Synopsis: Bruce Campbell (Army of Darkness) "gives his greatest and most entertaining performance to date" (Premiere) as an aging and cantankerous "Elvis" in this "zinger-filled crowd-pleaser" (The Hollywood Reporter) from writer-director Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, John Dies At The End)! When mysterious deaths plague a Texas retirement home, it's up to its most sequined senior citizen to take on a 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy with a penchant for cowboy boots, bathroom graffiti and sucking the souls from the barely living!

[​IMG]

12. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

If you order it directly from Shout! you will get it two weeks early in time for Halloween viewing.

13. Myke

$24.93 + 5.99 shipping = $30.92 ? No, I believe I'll wait, personally.

14. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Loved that movie!

15. Myke

16. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Saw this in the theater when it was released (since I'm both an Elvis and Bruce Campbell
    fan) and thought it was terrific. I also thought Bruce should have at least been nominated
    for an Oscar, since his performance was one of the best of the year.
    An interesting article from June about how this may be one of the best "B" movies
    ever made:
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/why-bubba-ho-tep-may-be-the-most-perfect-b-movie-ever-m-1782435864
    Also, hopefully the BluRay will have Bruce's commentary during the film in character as
    Elvis. It's sensational listening to it and hearing his in depth knowledge of Elvis' career, as Elvis.
    ("Jocelyn Lane was my favorite co-star.....")

17. Great fun. Love this movie.

18. Myke

Mr. H likes this.
  19. Myke

Shipping !!!

20. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the novella by author Joe R. Lansdale. ...Well, there you go, I just did! :laugh:

:cheers:
    Cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.