Big Brother 18 - 2016

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

A late night version of the POV comp saw Michelle, aka The Big Meech, won the POV competition.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  2. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I wonder if one of the upcoming twists involves a possibility of Michelle and Nicole being related?

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

heh-heh! I do remember that! :laugh: Oh well...:D

The ones who make it this far all lie, man! It's part of the game! The totally honest ones don't last long. The game is all about screwing with people's heads. I think that's another reason a lot of people don't like the concept of the show. They are locked in a house with (usually) total strangers, no contact with the outside world, and all they have to do every day and night is scheme against each other.

4. rburly

Did you see BBAD last night? They did the show that probably will show tonight with the HoH comp and nominations.

5. rburly

I don't think everyone knows this or has read about it. I think Julie talked about it before though. This week there is a special room to be found. The HGs haven't been told yet, I don't think. There's obviously something special in the room. Golden POV? We'll find out.

6. Mr. Webster the Poster

Mr. Webster the Poster Well-Known Member

Which is why we can't judge people based on their behavior and actions on the show. They completely become out of character and are not who they are outside of the house.

7. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Unless you are the "Messiah." ;)

rburly likes this.
  8. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

She mentioned it (I believe) on Thursday night, I would think the house guests would've taken notice of all the travel-related stuff in the house this year.

9. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

No, just speculation on my part...

10. rburly

They do know something. (It's 3:10 pm in the BB house and they just woke them up) I think they started generally talking about it at one point. I think James is aware of it.

11. rburly

I think someone in here watches BBAD. The HoH and Noms ceremony were on from 12-1 am last night. Then they reran Thursday night's show for most of the second hour.

12. Grant

Like Tiffany and Vanessa? :)

13. Mr. Webster the Poster

Mr. Webster the Poster Well-Known Member

Any of them.

14. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Wow. James makes me sick. What a spineless move. Nominating his own girlfriend's ally who is a "competition beast". I hate how no one plays Big Brother to win, just to stay in the house one more week.
    Also, Paulie wasn't too cute to begin with, now that he's shaved his head to be Paul's weird twin even less so.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Frank and rburly like this.
  15. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

It looks like Frank will finally get what's coming to him...

Grant and rburly like this.
  16. rburly

Nicole finally realized after finding out that Corey is a player that she came there to play the game by herself, and she plans to from now on. She was sitting talking to Day and James. I think Nicole wanted to let the old players know that she's not a couple with Corey, a la Frank and Bridgette. The thing is that they're only a couple in game play only.

Grant likes this.
  17. Grant

I tend to think that people are in the house the same way they are in life. People put on an act in the beginning, but their true colors show after a while. You know the old saying: you never know what a person's really like until you live with them.

I didn't like Frank before, and I don't like him now. He really is a nasty person.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  18. Grant

I'm still Nicole's biggest fan! :) She did say at the beginning that she (paraphrase) lets her heart heart too much, and that she wasn't going to let that happen again this year.

19. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I get the whole "make the house happy" mentality but I'm baffled that James and Natalie didn't think to team up with Frank and Bridgette--two strong competitors who will always be bigger targets for the rest of the house and have no allies (besides each other) whatsoever. Yeah, people will be pissed off but he's got the excuse of having made the deal with Bridgette to keep them safe so nobody would seriously hold it against him.

James is pretty much just a walking rerun. If it were a full cast of veterans, I'd be fine with it, but why bring in a returnee who clearly has nothing new to offer?

20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

He was a fan favorite. Hell, he is a favorite for my wife and I. I agree that he might well have joined forces with Frank and Bridgette. . . to be honest neither James nor Nat are great strategic thinkers, and they just want to coast. That's part of the James appeal for me, he wants to coast and have and share a good time. He's a relief from all the Mama Da and Nicole whining and plotting and the Frank Kingpin imitation.

rburly likes this.
  21. rburly

When I first saw James at the beginning of the season, I was really glad to see him. I enjoyed watching him last year, mostly because he liked to have fun. But he's doing the same thing he did last year. Last year it was unrequited love with Meg. This year it's Natalie. I can understand his attraction, but this is a game and he may end up losing his alliance because of his messing around with Natalie but not being involved in some of the most important group discussions.

22. rburly

Something I'm not sure everyone is clear about, but I'll try to make it short. Very, very early, Da'Vonne told Frank that Tiffany was coming after him (a lie). He started going after Tiffany, and ... you know the rest. Once he talked to Tiffany and realized that Day was the one who started the lie, he started going hard after Day. But that was his problem. This group (and the last few, at least) doesn't like when people play hard or go after people in the open. They'd rather everything stay quiet and then when bad things happen to other people, Oh Well.

23. Grant

Remember that James is a southerner, and a former military who served in Iraq. It's a good assumption that working for the common good is part of his mentality.

Guilt by association for one. Second, I honestly don't think that James teaming up with such a repugnant individual like Frank is something James would do.

He broke that deal last night when he nominated her. It's a good move because if one of them wins POV, they will take themselves off. For one, that will show the other just how loyal they are to each other, and second, it will guarantee that one will go home, thereby breaking them up...unless someone who does win the POV decides to take one of them off anyway. In my opinion, Brigette made a fatal move allowing Frank to cozy up with her when she was HoH. She said at the beginning of the show that she was looking for a showmance. She used bad judgement. She picked the wrong horse.

That's what I thought the other day, but I have been reminded that he can be a very smart player. He did well last year, too.

24. rburly

You may consider this a post of nothing, but the POV comp was OTEV that Michelle won.

25. Grant

I remember that. But, Day makes it very clear who her targets are, and she's still there! I think the difference between Frank and Day is that Frank is a nasty, overbearing person who overplays his hand, and isn't very perceptive.

I think Tiffany, whatever you guys think of her, would have made this game much more interesting.

ky658 and rburly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.