Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DeeThomaz, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Start date. 7/11/16
    Team valor
    Caught 92. Seen 96
    Level 22

2. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

How are you guys levelling up so fast?
    Start date 15th July
    Team mystic
    Caught 110
    lvl 9

3. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

Battling took me forever to figure out, and I'm still not great at it. The key is to tap fast to attack, and swipe right/left to dodge. I now look at the Pokemon in the gym before I battle, and plan out the strengths/weaknesses so that I'm bringing the right ones into battle.

4. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

Catch any/all Pokemon for the XP, trade in the lowest CP/HP for candy, and then use the Lucky Egg when you're about to hatch eggs and evolve.

5. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

One other key thing is that you tap and hold to do "special moves." These can only be done when you fill up one of the blue bars under your Pokemon's health meter.

6. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member Thread Starter

As of now, I'm level 16. I just play it generally when I'm walking the dogs, and it relieves the tedium very nicely. But due to the fact I walk them on a parkway that's a Pokemon goldmine, I seem to be advancing with some regularity. But nothing approaching the obsessives that I've been meeting on the walks.

Purplefowler likes this.
  7. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

That's one thing that I'm still not 100% sure that I'm doing right. I click and hold until I see the actual special happen, but do I need to actually hold it that long? The opponent seems to continue to attack me while I'm holding, so it seems wrong.

8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

That's the way it works. It supposed to keep you from hammering on your special attack.

I've gotten pretty good with gym battles though I haven't yet used the dodge move. I go in with my six highest powered guys and have been very successful.

9. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

Amazing how many people get hooked on things....I ignore most things..

10. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yeah, I hate things.

11. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Well..it's got my son out of his room during the school holidays. Him and his friends seem to be walking about 5 to 8 miles a day in pursuit of the Pokemon. Hey, he's even got a sun tan in his first week off school.

Purplefowler likes this.
  12. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Sorry, but I never was into computer video games, a total waste of time, IMO...Who thinks up this crap???

13. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I'm in my mid 40s and I play it. A lot the first week, not so much since but a little. Its a fun time killer while taking my daily walk. Im level 7, can't figure out gyms or lures or any of that. My 20 yr old daughter knows all the ins and outs and keeps telling me what she just did and it's another language to me.

14. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I do it when I'm bored. If there's nothing near me, I quit the app. I'm on level 2. I'm not going to be an avid Pokemon Go player.

15. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Except threads about things that you ignore, apparently.

BeatleJWOL, jriems, Bryan and 3 others like this.
  16. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

I'm sitting on my butt in front of a computer, but I think I'll ridicule people walking around and having fun outside.

17. DreadPikathulhu

It is definitely a motivational game. Got to keep walking to hatch those eggs.

I've made it up to level 18 and have started "Karping" the nearby gyms. Since you're unlikely to hold a gym for long, it makes little sense to leave a high CP Pokemon there when you win it. You'll just have to use up several Revive modules to bring them back when they are kicked out an hour or two later.

jriems likes this.
  18. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears Forum Resident

oh my god

19. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

At least you're not "wasting time".

20. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

Yeah, I know. I'm a competitive person, so I'd be plotting and scheming even if it was miniature golf. And I've done that before.

jh901 likes this.
  21. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Why is it so hard to "catch 'em all"? Seems as if someone here should have done it by now.

22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

23. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

How is it that you have time to belittle the way others choose to spend their time? You owe yourself an apology.

24. DreadPikathulhu

It's about as easy as finding all of the "Black Triangle" CDs or import pressings of Beatles vinyl.

25. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

There would be a Ghastly hovering above an empty bottle of henny in Trenton lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.