Where to get replacement bolts for AT95e cartridge?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by The Slipperman, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was putting my AT95e back onto my headshell and dropped one of the bolts on my carpet. I cannot find it anywhere and have tried magnets on the ground, etc. to no avail. Googling isn't helping with finding anywhere to get a replacement bolt from. It seems to be a round 5mm bolt from documentation I have seen on the internet. Anyone know a place to order these from?

2. Thorensman

Thorensman Forum Resident

Yes, on Ebay. Bought loads there . Think normal bolts are 3mm
    Thorens are 2.5
    Will check it out!

The Slipperman likes this.
  3. The Slipperman

Thanks for the quick reply, don't know why ebay didn't occur to me!

4. Have you tried contacting Audio Technica? They've been helpful to me in the past with parts for my AT-LP120's. Being tired of damaged records, the first thing I do is to S-can the AT95e's and install real cartridges which weren't made in China. Anyway, most new cartridges come with an assortment of hardware, so losing a screw or bolt has never been an issue for me. The hardware is probably stainless steel or aluminum, so magnets won't work on them. I usually use a high intensity light to find small things I drop.

The Slipperman and ScottInDallas like this.
  5. ScottInDallas

ScottInDallas Forum Resident

I second this comment. Needed a replacement tone arm clip. One email later, it was on the way (no charge) and received about 5 days later. I get that it's a clip and costs almost nothing but their willingness to help was impressive.

I say give them a call. You might be pleasantly suprised. Good luck!

The Slipperman likes this.
  6. Thorensman

Thorensman Forum Resident

There are at least 5 different suppliers on ebsy normal size is 2.5 thorens is 2.00mm.
    They come in various lengths with washers and nuts.
    So handy to have a supply of these.

7. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

I could swear I was able to buy replacements at Radio Shack awhile back...before they declared bakruptcy...:sigh:

8. P2CH

P2CH Well-Known Member

I just found out that the Radio Shack close to me is still open. I went in there 2 days ago and it looks like a lemonade stand. Or rather, it sure looks different than before.

I don't do much in the way of electronics anymore but I sure do wish there was still a decent place to purchase things. The only electronic store still open around me is owned by a grumpy husband and wife. They have bad attitudes and argue with you so I don't go there. Sad.

Aftermath likes this.
  9. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

I've found small nuts, bolts, washers, etc. for my TT and audio needs, in both metric and standard sizes at local hobby shops.

Aftermath likes this.
  10. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

There are several vendors on Ebay who sell mounting kits with a range of bolts/nuts and tools.

Aftermath likes this.
  11. The Slipperman

Thanks to all who said to contact Audio-Technica, they were fantastic. I emailed them on Tuesday asking if they offer replacement nuts and bolts and got an envelope today with 4 replacement nuts and bolts for no charge. Outstanding service!

12. You're welcome! Yep, AT can be quite helpful.

Jim in Houston likes this.
  13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

@P2CH LOL! Is that the place on Ford Rd in Westland before you get to I-275?!?

14. P2CH

P2CH Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the place.

superstar19 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.