Ac/cd Powerage Deluxe edition - what are the chances?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by van1, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. van1

van1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

enro99, wwright, M321115 and 2 others like this.
  2. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Probably nil. Unfortunately.

Digital Morphine likes this.
  3. Marshall_SLX

Marshall_SLX Rega P9/RB2000

Wont happen, that alternate uk press was really a mistake at the time, they just used it to rush the album out in the uk

4. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

I'm not particularly concerned about the mix, I'm more concerned about the UK-only track "Cold Hearted Man" being included in any subsequent reissues.

5. Carlox

Carlox Forum Resident

Nope... Same chances as the other albums. :D

6. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I doubt that will happen, they don't really do stuff like that. They're kind of like VH in that way - the albums are the albums and that's what you get.

warewolf95 likes this.
  7. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Some good deluxe editions could be made with the first few albums Original Aussie mix and International mixes.

8. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. isolation can harm you terribly

It's a shame as the original UK vinyl mix is SO much better but it will probably never happen.
    Hell,
    whoever is in charge of their stuff is stupid.
    Look at how badly they wrecked the Donington release for DVD. The way those stupid balls crashing/clinging together was needed in between the videos on Family Jewels instead of just giving us the videos? (I haven't watch that in ages)
    The bits and pieces of shows given to fans piecemeal for Plug It In?
    It's doubtful the superior version of Powerage will ever come out on CD, God knows it should, you know?
    Fools. If Angus wants more money (ha ha ha ha), he need look no further to this as a way. A "deluxe edition" with it on the second disc....

Edit: and yes Cold Hearted Man is a total classic, Bon's especially incredible on it.

The Doga, Man at C&A, mikem60 and 2 others like this.
  9. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

Shot Down In Flames :D

10. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I wish.

But first I'd like to see reissues of the original Aussie versions of the first couple albums on CD.

Man at C&A likes this.
  11. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Yes and no for me.
    The guitars are a good deal louder on the UK mix, but the background vocals are missing on all the songs and I really think they do belong there. It's not like I NEED it (I love the original Diament cd and I've got the Backtracks set), but a reissue of the US mix with Cold Hearted Man as a bonus would make sense.

Mark J and Man at C&A like this.
  12. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Cold Hearted Man is on Backtracks so is there real need for it elsewhere?

Rocketdog and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Backtracks should've been reissued as a single disc with just the studio tracks for 'normal' fans, but since the whole set is streaming now, it's kind of a moot point.

14. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Yeah, but the two cd/1 dvd standard version is kind of cheap, and is a great price for the content.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Regardless - Power Age rocks!

I have a beat up hole punched demo LP copy I got while working at Warehouse Records and Tapes when this came out that the manager gave me.

Downpayment Blues....I can relate.

Greenalishi likes this.
  16. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I'd like a CD issue of Let There Be Rock with Crabsody In Blue on it too, instead of Problem Child which is already on the previous album, Dirty Deeds. That, along with Cold Hearted Man disappearing from Powerage really messes up the Bon era on CD for me. 74 Jailbreak could be greatly expanded too, gathering all the tracks exclusive to the Aussie versions of the albums. But of course they won't do any of this, it makes too much sense!

17. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

'74 Jailbreak should've never existed.

Bring on the original albums for reasonable prices! I got the cd's already, but they're too hard to come by cheaply.

18. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

You can construct all of the Australian albums with the international ones, 74 Jailbreak (a title that makes no sense whatsoever), and Backtracks deluxe (for the extended tracks), right? I'm tempted to pick up those last two to round out my collection.

19. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

If their label would have the good sense to release the original early albums worldwide (and why the hell wouldn't they?) it just makes perfect sense. Also, I think the UK album is the original configuration of Powerage.

20. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

All of the Aussie albums are available on cd. It depends on how much you wanna spend on 'em (Ebay, Amazon). I decided to get them 2 years ago. Forget about '74 Jailbreak, expanded or not.

It makes the US versions of High Voltage, Let There Be Rock and, indeed, '74 Jailbreak obsolete, depending on if you're a completist or not.
    Hang on to the US Dirty Deeds, though (Love At First Feel).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Rockin' Robby likes this.
  21. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

The original UK vinyl is still my go-to version for various reasons, but mostly because it kicks off with Gimme A Bullet, which works better as an opener than RnRD, and loses some of its impact by being placed later on subsequent versions. Classic AC/DC opening track.

The Doga and Man at C&A like this.
  22. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Sounds like a great collection, but they shouldn't be expensive or difficult to obtain. AC/DC are one of the biggest rock bands ever and their regular CD issues are a shambles!

23. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Who knows how much ACDC have for extra bonus studio material. But if they reissued it with a live show from that tour I'd be all over it. The only other thing I can see being included is probably demos. ACDC never seemed like the typeof band that had a lot of extra material. We pretty much got everything in BonFire and Backtracks.

24. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

It's just one big headscratcher.
    Listen, for instance, to the Aussie DDDDC.
    Rock In Peace really is a barnstormer of a track and it works perfectly coupled with Big Balls on what would be side 2. The flow of the album is just so much better and the actual debut album called High Voltage makes for a really logical and interesting start whereas T.N.T. shows a band gaining confidence. It just makes so much more sense in their discography.

The Doga, Rockin' Robby and blutiga like this.
  25. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

There are enough live recordings from every tour to make some great deluxe editions especially the Bon Scott albums.
    It`s highly unlikely anything will happen with AC/DC.

andrewskyDE, van1 and Matthew Tate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.