New Summer TV Series "BrainDead"*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

You can add Sky High to the list where she has a significant role. That's where I first took note of her.

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

I looked up some of those titles and thought I'd give Faults a try first (Smashed is another one of interest). What a fantastic movie! It was quirky funny, subversive, suspenseful and unpredictable. At one point it could have veered off into scifi territory. Terrific performances all around and MEW was captivating. Faults was simply faultless. :D

3. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Thanks for the mini-review, I haven't watched it yet. Just added to my Netflix queue!

Smashed is excellent, it's a tad depressing, but beautifully done.

4. progrocker71

It has been years since I saw that and it's possible I never saw the entire film, I'll have to give it another shot, I was unable to remember how big her part was.

5. Deesky

I have seen it, but some time ago now and it was before I was aware of MEW, so I don't have a specific memory of her character/performance. What I do remember is that it was a very lightweight, but fun kind of kids movie and one that I liked for what it was.

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

gave up on 'braindead" about 3/4 of the way through the last episode.......like so many other TV shows it just moves entirely too slow for me....and i get that it is a TV show and that it has to go on for weeks and weeks and sometimes years and years, ut this one had such promise and then drowned in its own writing and acting.

mary elizabeth winstead has great promise, and i foresee a long career for her, but this show just got real old real fast.

shokhead likes this.
  7. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm still watching. My wife is putting up with it, and I guess I am too. I want to like it more than I do actually, it's not compelling me to watch. But it's entertaining.

8. Deesky

Really? I've been saying all along that it's moving the story forward more so than usual for new shows. Normally shows like this would just have people acting 'funny' for many episodes before people twigged that something unusual was going on, let alone already zeroing in on the cause and a potential diagnosis just 4 eps into the first season! The way I see it, it's moving at a rate of knots.

9. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

This week's episode is Sunday @ 10 p.m. because of the Republican and Democratic Conventions.

Done A Ton likes this.
  10. progrocker71

This week's episode IS the RNC. :D

John B Good and Deesky like this.
  11. agentalbert

There have only been four episodes to air, right? IMDB shows #5 with an air date of 7/18, but's not actually airing until this Sunday if I understand things right.

12. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Correct. I suspect the "Person Of Interest" multiple episodes on multiple nights model is going to occur to get this series off the air before Labor Day.

13. agentalbert

Are the ratings that bad? That's a shame, if so. But I imagine this falls in between the rigid boxes of most non-cable network shows. It's an hour long show, but not a procedural or heavy drama. It's funny, but not a sit-com and not in the 30 minute format. Probably hard for them to market.

14. Gary7704

Gary7704 Chasing that sound….

Yet, bowling with midgets and how big can your families lips get, Kim?.....keep getting renewed.....

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

CBS’ political satire “BrainDead” will relocate to Sundays at 10 p.m. starting July 24. It’s averaging a same-day 0.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 3.62 million viewers.

16. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Oh, no! Our lovely star has an ant in her ear. How can anyone say the plot is not advancing along at a quick pace?

I also noticed they closed captioned the opening song. I never had a problem understanding it but I guess some did.

17. Deesky

Loved the latest ep. As someone who follows politics closely, it's always a kick to see real world events satirized so entertainingly. I also like the investigative aspects relating to the cause of the weird goings on and how quickly it's progressing. Special props to the cat cat-scan. :)

And surely, the last scene must be a fakeout.

18. Gary7704

Loved the episode as well. I think the show is getting better as it moves forward. You know your into the show when after the last scene you scream No! This cant be happening!!

19. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I thought I saw the ant go into her ear but maybe the other two help her get it out?

20. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Did you guys miss the next episode preview just after the commercials?
    It very much implied that the bugs have gotten in, including a snippet of dialog from Laurel. :faint:

21. Gary7704

Another three episodes and Im sure the show is history considering the track record of the networks.

22. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

No. They will show the rest. But, it will probably be two or three per week like they did with "Person Of Interest" and hopefully there will be an actual conclusion.

23. Gary7704

Did they make more than 8 episodes of Braindead?

24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

13. I said that earlier in the thread.

25. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.