Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Be careful what you wish for on that front. From the Crazy Diamond box, I had to admit that not every out-take was essential when it came to Syd and some revealed that he wasn't exactly in great shape while making those albums. :cry:

Lost In The Flood and rontoon like this.
  2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

15 discs isn't necessarily 15 CDs. Looks like there will be repros of all the original singles as well. Plenty of rare and live stuff could be included. Typical that people are already bitching w/o knowing the contents or price. :rant:

3. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

You may have heard Scream Thy Last Scream and Vegetable Man many times but most people have not.

I Me Mine again.

Tommyboy and rontoon like this.
  4. rontoon

Hattipper likes this.
  5. If these place markers are true, I am sure there will be several variations or tiers of a Early Years box. The Floyd have been doing them for a while now. I see no reason to expect different.

By the way good work on these posts

Hattipper, Simon A and rontoon like this.
  6. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Personally, I'm hoping for a well-curated clearing of all remaining studio and decent quality live recordings. If PF did for their early years what King Crimson, for example, did with their archival boxes, I'd be quite happy.

Anything that rekindles the feeling I had in my teens when hearing live recordings like Animal Instincts or the first time I heard "Vegetable Man" or "Scream Thy Last Scream" off the Tree Full of Secrets is worth the time and cash.

ODShowtime and rontoon like this.
  7. rontoon

Animal Instincts. One of my favorite Harvested releases! :winkgrin:

8. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Why are some people so sure about the quantity of cd's in this supposedly upcoming set? :confused:

9. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

OK, so now we have a pattern here: every day at 4PM, a new photo is revealed... #CSIPINKFLOYD

10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I say NO CDs whatsoever. Just a box of paraphernalia!

:pineapple:

willy, seg763 and Rooster_Ties like this.
  11. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

Yes I'm very partial to that one as well though I actually prefer the wild and wooly 'Who Was Trained?'. On topic, some of the older Harvested releases may see an official light of day before long. One can hope.

Runicen likes this.
  12. Daniel Plainview

$700?

This is so unfair. There's no way I can swing this.

RonBaker likes this.
  13. rontoon

Well I appreciate the props but I don't think that our releases will ever be represented in an official capacity.

We shouldn't have to wait too long for an official announcement now that the cat's outta the bag.

MarkTheShark and Runicen like this.
  14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

No official information, but we already know that this set is $700. Amazing psychich emanations flowing here!

15. Smegman

Smegman Forum Resident

My sources guarantee it'll be only vinyl, all dished and warped from factory. And it's Amazons's fault.

Esperanzan and rontoon like this.
  16. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Well, they were charging, what, $200 for those immersion sets with 5 or 6 discs, so maybe they figure the sky's the limits here. I dearly hope that this turns out to be wrong--or at the very least, that they offer a more modestly priced alternative with the essentials--but my pocketbook is feeling anxious.

17. Daniel Plainview

Maybe they think they can't sell Immersion sets of all these early albums so they are bounding them all together in one super-set. So think of this as, like, seven immersion boxes in one. So that's why it's so steep. But now the common man such as myself has no way of attaining it. Only elitist Pink Floyd fans who drive Ferrari's like Mr. Mason and light their cigars with hundred dollar bills can afford this highfalutin set. At least they were kind enough to offer a one-disc set for us peasants. Probably won't even be a full 70 minutes either. Cruel and unusual. If "Scream Thy Last Scream" is exclusive to the full set I will scream my last scream while I throw my Dark Side marbles at Roger Waters the next time he comes to town. Sheesh.

Tommyboy, LitHum05, supermd and 2 others like this.
  18. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I've loved Pink Floyd since I was a little kid, but I swear that I won't pay that sum. I hope they don't force CD collectors to buy vinyl records, which is quite a common practice lately.

19. JimSpark

JimSpark I haven't got a title

Well, if you purchase the box, you get to have dinner with Dave and Nick. The $700 gets you a plane ticket to London and cab fare to the restaurant. It's still unknown who's expected to pick up the check.;)

supernaut and Runicen like this.
  20. Further

Further Forum Resident

IF that even is a placeholder for the new set, we don't know if that's the price.

Tons of items start out this way on Amazon with astronomical pricing until the listing is complete and all the details are worked out. Then a more reasonable price is revealed.

Some will get lucky and preorder now and be locked in when Amazon does their famous price drop to a price that is too low before it is corrected.

Esperanzan and Runicen like this.
  21. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

We finally know what those marbles were for!

22. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Great News!!

23. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I love V-Man. It's one of Syd's greatest songs and look forward to hearing a good quality period-style mix of it, amongst other stuff.

goodiesguy and Runicen like this.
  24. JohnBR

JohnBR Forum Resident

I believe people are drawing conclusions based on this "Early Box" listing at Amazon, which currently states "Number of Discs: 15" and a list price of $699.98:

Color - Early Box - Amazon.com Music »

Rne likes this.
  25. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

If history can be repeated, it seems reasonable to believe that once the rarities or whatnot have become "officially" released in the mega box, cheaper, individual sets can be spun off from it down the road for the less affluent collectors out there. We must keep faith.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.