Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DeeThomaz, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Really? Hm. Ok, well, that puts the challenge into perspective.

2. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

3. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

"Too"

I always love memes that can't even spell correctly.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  4. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I don't think that's it. To me, when I see this type of thing going on, my first thought
    is always, don't they have ANYTHING better to do?

ky658 likes this.
  5. whaleyboy

whaleyboy Senior Member

Pokemon Go is fantastic. It is a great use of Augmented Reality and I am delighted that it is taking off because I can't wait for more AR approaches are available for interacting with information.

Gaming is just one (really fun) application and I expect to see lots more.

I personally like but don't love Polemon but I am entranced with AR and can't wait for more!

bamaaudio and crispi like this.
  6. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

I did say "most"...so that leaves some wiggling room..

7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Like post to Internet forums complaining about what other people do with their free time?

8. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

The guy who cut my hair is a Pokemon Go dude. I was cracking up. I guess he was in his 30s and he told me he was a gamer and a Pokemon fan since he was a kid. Then he showed me the Pokemon tattoo on the inside of his wrist. He said all his friends were also gamers. He said they usually don't go outside, but they're going outside to play Pokemon Go. He said, "You know, in the basement, eating Doritos." :laugh:

9. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

If anybody's curious about the roots of Pokemon, Jirard "The Completionist" did a review of three of the original games; it explains how the world of Pokemon works:

10. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Way down here at the far end of nowhere where I can't even get TV I saw a dozen random sheep run past my loungeroom window this morning. I don't own any sheep. Neither do my immediate neighbours. 'Smartphones' that actually work properly or get a decent signal are in the minority of the people I know. I haven't seen anyone GOing to any Pokeything.

Augmented Reality ? A tree's come down over the fence but I'm too crook to use the saw again this week. I've got enough Standard Reality to deal with already without 'Augmenting' it.

11. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Self, I'm sorry, what I meant was a MONUMENTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

12. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

No different than sitting in your favorite chair and listening to an LP. Only, you would be getting more exercise. You just spend your free time differently.

For the record, I think the game is annoying and dangerous as well.

13. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Okay, only "Star Trek: The Next Generation" fans will get this, but doesn't the line above sound like it's ripped straight out of this weird episode "The Game" (guest starring Ashley Judd!), the one where everybody on the ship gets addicted to a VR game that has some nefarious alien mind control purpose? I'm pretty sure that's pretty close to one of the lines from the episode....

[​IMG]

DeeThomaz and jriems like this.
  14. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

I got it the hour it was released in Australia and it's a great way to kill time.

With that said, the whole egg-hatching thing is total ********.

15. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Sign at the Bowmanville (ON) Zoo.

chilinvilin, rburly, ky658 and 2 others like this.
  16. Vinyl Addict

What's sad is that businesses need to out up a sign like that, for fear of a lawsuit.

17. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member

I was behind a driver yesterday, who within two-and-a-half blocks nearly sideswiped a parked car and then almost turned head-on into an oncoming vehicle in a middle-turn-lane. He turned into a hardware store parking lot, cruising very, very slowly, stopped, started, exited the parking lot, stopped (which is where I saw him on his phone), and then slowly turned down an alley, again barely moving.

I won't say unequivocally that he was playing Pokemon Go, but it sure had all the earmarks.

chilinvilin, Vinyl Addict and ky658 like this.
  18. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

That makes texting in a car sound almost acceptable! Freakin' Idiots!

chilinvilin, Vinyl Addict and Tuco like this.
  19. Vinyl Addict

I've seen it multiple times in my area. Morons.

Tuco likes this.
  20. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I hardly play anymore.

rburly likes this.
  21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Still playing:

Start Date: 7/10/2016
    Team Mystic
    Caught: 66
    Seen: 67
    Level: 21

22. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm up to level 23. Things have gotten better since they started banning accounts that were GPS spoofing and bots.

Caught: 90
    Seen: 90

23. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

In all fairness, if there was a rare CD that I was after on the other side of that warning, then I'm pretty sure I'd find myself scheming as to how to grab and survive. That said, I generally agree with you.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  24. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

Practically everyone was playing it at the beach last weekend. Even with like a hundred people walking the pier at a given point in time, I'd say the number of folks not playing it was in the single digits. I even noticed quite a few seniors enjoying it. So if people are roaming about and having a good time, more power to them... so long as it's done safely and with respect to surroundings (ie, while not driving).

jriems likes this.
  25. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

What exactly is ANYTHING better to do? This afternoon I went to Descanso Gardens, spent time looking at the beautiful grounds, got some great pictures, walked a mile or so, and caught a few rare Pokemon.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.