How is the sound of Denon pro-sumer CD players?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Sneaky Pete, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive Thread Starter

I am considering buying Denon DN 500C CD player. The problem is I cannot find anything written about the sound quality or even what type of DAC it uses. The only information is focused on functionality with scant details about the hardware.

I would hook it up as an auxiliary player in my main system to play background tracks for my sax. I just don't want it if it is unreliable or sounds terrible.

Does anyway have any experience with the pro-sumer line of Denon products?

I'm interested because it has the capability to alter the speed without changing the pitch when playing back CDs. That would permit me to slow down backing tracks when I'm learning new tunes, then speed them up again after I get the music under my fingers.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Do you still have the Musical Fidelity M1 DAC? I remember we both bought one when they were discounted but yours shipped and mine did not. The Denon is a fine CD player but I would think the DAC to be much less than the quality of the M1.

3. Sneaky Pete

I don't have that DAC anymore, otherwise I could just use it with the Denon. I'm certain that would sound better than the stock unit.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  4. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

were you not happy with the M1? I wound up getting a Rotel DAC that I really like.

5. Sneaky Pete

I liked it but passed it along to a friend who was victim of a burglary and had no Apt Insurance. He was trying to rebuild his system, and he's one of my oldest and best friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.