Poll--The Weakest Link: Alice Cooper BILLION DOLLAR BABIES, Round 3

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joey Self, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Self

Joey Self Red Forman's Sensitivity Guru Thread Starter

We said "farewell and goodbye" to "I Love The Dead." We made "Unfinished Sweet" ache with our verdict.

One at a time from here out.

Discussion question: When did you last play BDB? Has your opinion of it changed since you first heard it?

T7 I Love The Dead
    T7 Unfinished Sweet
    T9 Sick Things
    T9 Mary Ann

2. gryff

gryff Active Member

Now it is difficult, but
    "Hello Hooray" to go ...

As I mentioned in a previous round : I enjoyed BDB tremendously when I heard it in the mid 70's. Nowadays I still like the six songs left in the game, the other four are too silly for me. Maybe I'm just too old for that kind of stuff now. :)

3. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

I voted Mr. Not So Nice Guy.
    DQ....listened to it yesterday. I like it more today than I did in 1973

4. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

I've played it a few times since I bought the Audio Fidelity disc. I liked it then and I like it now. I actually have more appreciation for those last few songs. I was a bit scared of them as a 10 year old kid. I loved the tooth pulling sound effects of Unfinished Sweet when I was kid but that really seems silly now. I remember seeing a performance or some sort of skit on TV with a giant tooth.

5. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

This is a tough one. Would have to go with Elected though. Sadly, I know this will be the end for Raped and Freezin'.

DQ - I'm not sure when but definitely within the past year. Still love the album. My favourite of both Alice's and the original group.

GodShifter likes this.
  6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

"Elected" again.

This thing will come down to "Elected" vs. "Nice Guy" which are the two worst songs on the album. Oh well.

DQ: It's been years; maybe I'll pull it out again (but probably not).

7. winopener

winopener Forum Resident

Freezin out!
    DQ: 5.1 mix a couple of year ago... passed thru most of the dvd-a collection. Being something i got very late, it's hard to say something has changed or not.

8. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Raped.
    As always, I listen in order to refresh my memory for this game.

9. Joey Self

DQ: Before this round, it had been at least 20 years since I'd played it all the way through. I listened on Spotify this week to reacquaint myself with it, and was surprised how much I remembered. My thoughts now are that I don't like Alice Cooper the lead singer as much now as I did 40 years ago (this isn't a new discovery), but there was some guitar work on BDB that was very impressive. The songs I didn't like years ago--which we have already dispatched--were still nothing I cared for, and the ones I did like, I still do.

JcS

Zeki likes this.
  10. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

Title track.

11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Raped and Freezin'

DQ: I play songs from it all the time, and I still love them.

12. Agent of Fortune

Agent of Fortune Däncing Barefoot

Hm. Two of my favorites from the album having left, I'll simply recycle my previous vote (though selecting just Hello Hooray this time.)

I haven't played BDB for a few weeks, might give it a go tomorrow. As for whether my oppinion has changed, I should say not. The album, the atmosphere, I 'got' all that right off, and it hasn't faded one bit.

13. dennis the menace

dennis the menace Forum Veteran

It`s getting harder...I love all remaining songs. Raped and Freezin` I guess, but the next rounds aren`t going to be easy at all...

14. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Title song for me.

It looks like Raped and Freezin' will go this round, but I've always liked that one. It was the B-side (iirc) to No More Mr. Nice Guy and I used to play both sides of that single quite a bit.

I discovered this album when I was 14 or so in the mid-1970's. I used to check out quite a few albums from the local library then and I would take chances on things that I thought I might not like since it was free. This album was a pleasant surprise (you know, in a weird way). I ended up checking it out several times and eventually bought it.

I still like the album but the songs are more polarized for me now - I love about half of them and really don't like a handful of them (the ones already voted out). I haven't listened to it in a while, probably a year or two. I usually listen to the DVD-A (in surround) when I do listen to it.

Oh, and No More Mr. Nice Guy and Elected are the best songs on the album, IMHO.

15. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Generation.

Until yesterday, I hadn't played it since the 2CD reissue 10+ years ago. But last night, I played my 73 vinyl. Considering it was one of the first LPs I bought, and the succession of terrible, sub-Crosley decks I played it on in my youth, it's still in excellent condition - no crackles, IGD etc. Better than a lot of the recent new vinyls I've bought!

My opinion hasn't changed - great album, but side two is mostly weak.

dennis the menace likes this.
  16. proudy

proudy Well-Known Member

I'm still gunning for Generation Landslide.

Inexplicable how Raped and Freezin seems to be out this round, but oh well

Todd W. likes this.
  17. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Generation Landslide.........though the lyrics are fantastic. Best on the album. This one I know by heart. I played it when the poll started.........my DVD-A...........wonderful!

18. Joey Self

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.