Ringo would tour with Paul again in a heartbeat...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jricc, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Not too long ago he did during Sheila E's solo spots. Rock steady as usual, but I can't see it happening these days.

It takes a lot of stamina and he's not a spring chicken!

2. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

This would only make sense as a one-off charity benefit thingy with Ringo joining Paul's band for a show.

Otherwise, they'd have to split the tour money! And maybe Paul would go for that, maybe not.

3. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

At this point neither are doing it for the money.

Ringo just auctioned off a lot of his memorabilia for millions and it all went to charity.

Paul...we know isn't hurting.

4. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

How about label it as "An authentic Beatles experience - just like in the old days" and do a 30 minutes set with small amps, crappy PA and screaming... old ladies. And just drums, bass and vocals.

5. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

How about towards the end of every concert, Paul and his band are playing "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", and then completely by surprise Ringo runs on as it goes into "With a Little Help from my Friends".

Like this:

Then he sings a couple other of his Beatles songs, then afterwards he goes on the drums for "Sgt. Pepper", "A Day in the Life", and "The End" with Ringo's solo.

Paulwalrus, bluejeanbaby and ajsmith like this.
  6. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Why should they do that? Why? Because you want them too? I've seen them both in the last two years, and they were both fine.

7. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Well I think you can be sure THAT aint happening....

8. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

Too little too late boys...

9. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

Will Ringo be in Paul's backing band?
    Will Paul be one of Ringo's "All-stars"?

10. I finally got it to work! It took some deep breathing relaxation techniques, and chanting of "Paul ... Ringo ... Paul ... Ringo ... " (a la John ... Yoko ... on "The Wedding Album"), and then stared at a picture of Ringo at 20 minute intervals (taking a "tea break" in between). It finally happened!

What do I do now, to reach the next level of Beatle Consciousness, Guru Grove?

Arnold Grove likes this.
  11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

If you look at the cover of Dylan's John Wesley Harding long enough (upside-down), you will see the 4 Beatles or you will get a headache. ...

[​IMG]

;)

12. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I see eleven Beatles in that picture. When can I pick up my prize?

13. Arnold Grove

The prize is at my psychiatrist's office... ;)

14. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

Surprisingly, Ringo is pretty effin' spry. I think he did 2 hours when I saw him last year, and I'm certain he would've been up for another.

15. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Bingo!

Paul is notoriously cheap. Ringo doesn't need to be and doesn't want to be treated like a sideman. Ringo is probably unable to drum for an entire typical Paul concert. Ringo + Paul does not = Beatles. Neither of them want to deal with the "R" word.

So there are many reasons this won't happen even if it is fun to hint about it and play cutesy with the world media.

16. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

You're right. I will stop holding my breath for the Rings Over America tour.

ARK and Allen Michael like this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Maybe I'm a little slow today, but what "R" word are you talking about here? "Regurgitation"? "Rip-off"? Or... ?

18. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Reunion. Come on Arnold.....

ARK and Arnold Grove like this.
  19. Arnold Grove

Gosh. I really couldn't figure it out. I guess the East Coast heatwave is frying my brain.

KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  20. bluejeanbaby

bluejeanbaby Forum Resident

Because Ringo's bday was recently...

(Looking through YouTube of the both of them because of this thread.. I keep seeing our buddy Joe Walsh in them, why is that? :laugh: All-Stars?)

21. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

Been saying this for the last few years. They should do a co-headline show with Paul and Ringo getting 80 minutes of time on stage with their respective bands. No All-Starrs. I can't stand that tour. Ringo has enough material to do 80 minutes on stage of songs he's done from 1963 to now.

Ringo 8:00pm to 9:20

20 minute intermission

Paul 9:40pm to 11:00

ENCORE BREAK

Paul and Ringo together (with members from Paul's band (Abe on hand percussion)...make Ringo play drums!) 11:05 to 11:30

This isn't a reunion. It's just 2 old friends with a common past that are joining up to do some shows together. I think it would be great.

jricc likes this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Joe Walsh has been a very close buddy of Ringo's for decades. Plus he's gotten even closer because he is also Ringo's brother-in-law (Joe married Barbara Bach's sister). And Paul has hung out with Joe in the past 10 years, and Joe played guitar on something to do with Kisses On The Bottom (I think it was the live in-the-studio video of the album done at Capitol Studios).

bluejeanbaby likes this.
  23. Arnold Grove

Joe Walsh on Paul's "My Valentine":

24. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

It is if I want it to be !! ;)

25. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

I just want to say something here:

I love Ringo !!!!!

Thread Status: