Steven Wilson "Transience" Japanese Cd (HQCD) release date September 21, 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by danielbravo, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member Thread Starter

Transience Cd format (HQCD) on September 21, 2016

For those who are interested, "Transience" in CD format.

Label: Victor Entertainment
    Number of Discs: 1 (catalog number VICP-75163)

The tracklisting is not revealed but promises bonus tracks It must be the same as the version in vinyl (I imagine it will be the new version of Lazarus avilable on the vinyl)

Information: Transience [HQCD] Steven Wilson CD Album »

It may be an option for those who want to buy the album in this format. I've seen a previous version on Ebay in limited edition and quite expensive.

nibor and oneway23 like this.
  2. danielbravo

Not information about the master source for this CD. I hope that is not a compressed/brickwalled audio.
    The Japanese version of Insurgentes was handled this way ... sad because it's a great album.

For packaging it may be used mini-lp or digipack with plastic holder. The price does not reach $ 25 (apparently9

To wait until September

3. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Seems to be available on Amazon UK standard kscope edition.

4. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

The Transience compilation will be reissued on CD by Kscope in September. I'm not normally a fan of compilations, but I liked the idea of collecting the more accessible side of my solo material as an introduction for listeners who may not be familiar with my music. I think on those terms it works pretty well, but when it came out last year many people quite rightly pointed out the flaw in that plan by releasing it only on vinyl, and there have been regular requests for a CD edition, so here it is. Since the original release, a track from the recent 4 ½ mini album "Happiness III" has become the first song of mine in years to get any attention from BBC radio here in the UK, so I've taken the opportunity to add it the running order of the CD version, as it certainly fits the brief. On the compilation it's the full length version, but a 3.35 radio edit will also be released simultaneously on a limited run 7 inch vinyl and digitally, with my tribute to David Bowie"Space Oddity" recorded live at the Hammersmith Apollo Theatre (withNinet Tayeb on guest vocals, you can watch a video of the performance by following the link below) as the B side. As with Transience the 7 inch cover is a portrait, this time by Susana Moyaho.

Both are released on 16th September, and the CD should sell for not more than £7.99. The 7 inch is likely to only be available via mail order fromBurning Shed and Headphone Dust (more details soon).

[​IMG]

danielbravo likes this.
  5. danielbravo

Good news, good to know that the compilation will be released by K-Scope at a decent price. With respect to Ep it is interesting for the version of Space Oddity, a great cover ...

ponkine likes this.
  6. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Finally it arrived @ my local store

It's a simple but beautifully presented (and sounding) CD. It's packaged like a Gatefold Mini LP

In case you're interested, here're the numbers

foobar2000 1.3.8 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
    log date: 2016-09-24 14:56:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Analyzed: ? / Transience
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
    DR12 -4.10 dB -18.26 dB 3:13 01-A1-TRANSIENCE EDIT
    DR9 -0.05 dB -12.18 dB 5:11 02-1-Harmony Korine
    DR10 -0.07 dB -15.10 dB 4:29 03-A3-POSTCARD
    DR9 -0.06 dB -12.70 dB 4:32 04-6-Significant Other
    DR11 -1.13 dB -17.11 dB 3:54 05-10-Insurgentes
    DR9 -0.34 dB -11.94 dB 5:02 06-B1-THE PIN DROP
    DR9 -0.10 dB -13.43 dB 5:14 07-B2-HAPPY RETURNS - EDIT
    DR11 -0.05 dB -14.20 dB 5:55 08-B3-DEFORM TO FORM A STAR - EDIT
    DR10 0.00 dB -12.17 dB 4:34 09-Happiness 3
    DR13 -2.10 dB -17.77 dB 4:41 10-B4-THANK YOU
    DR11 -0.05 dB -14.06 dB 4:47 11-C1-INDEX
    DR11 -0.10 dB -14.00 dB 4:16 12-C2-HAND CANNOT ERASE
    DR12 -0.11 dB -15.07 dB 3:59 13-C3-LAZARUS 2015
    DR11 -0.10 dB -14.44 dB 7:41 14-C4-DRIVE HOME

Number of tracks: 14
    Official DR value: DR11

Samplerate: 44100 Hz
    Channels: 2
    Bits per sample: 16
    Bitrate: 1411 kbps
    Codec: CDDA
    ================================================================================

If you have NOTHING from SW, this is the right place to start :wave:

[​IMG]

danielbravo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.