Big Brother 18 - 2016

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Um...what does OTEV mean?

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

That's very true. Frank's a cowboy from Texas, so for him, "Hey! Let's play the game already!" Day admittedly sleeps most of the day away and has been very good at staying in the dark. Frank on the other hand, couldn't be more in your face if he tried.

Tiffany is the real tragedy from Day's lie. She's gone, but really by no fault of her own, except she couldn't beat Victor in the Battle Back comp. I was never so glad to get that over with. (Battle Back) Tiffany, if she would have been allowed to play her game, could have done very well. IMO, everyone (except Natalie) watched Vanessa last season and called Tiffany when she started crying.

3. rburly

It stands for VETO, backwards! :)

4. Mr. Webster the Poster

Mr. Webster the Poster Well-Known Member

I would hardly call Big Brother the normal case of living with someone. The house makes people act in ways they normally wouldn't. It's a roller coaster that messes with their heads and so what we see isn't their true colors but a side of them brought out by the pressures of the house. Don't see how that can be someone's "true colors" but I guess you're more cynical than I am. Lol

5. Grant

I cannot give Frank an out because of where he is from or what he is. A d*ck is always a d*ck. And, when this is over, he's not going to give a damn about what he reads about him. If the other Texan Aaryn Gries ever gets divorced, she and Frank could make a nice couple.

Tiffany is partly a liability of Day's paranoia, and partly because of her sibling. And, going up against Victor, she didn't have a chance.

Day is pretty shady, though. Make no mistake, she's playing the game in her own way, just like she likes it. Knowing that there's a target on her back, and maybe because she also knows she has a personality that puts some people off, she tries to lay low until her enemies are gone.

Some people probably know that don't do well with lots of people around, so they are just trying to slide by until the numbers dwindle before they start actively playing.

6. Grant

Good! Hopefully, she will keep James' nominations the same.

7. Grant

I would. At some point, people forget that they are being watched. There is great stress living with people for that long.

Yeah, i'm a very cynical person. I agreed with you on the thread about moderators, but even then, I wasn't thinking so diplomatically.

rburly likes this.
  8. rburly

Michelle (Big Meech) decided to not use the POV. Frank and Bridgette are still the nominees.

9. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Grant! I've been in these threads with you for three years, right?! :D

You'll know when you see it, they always have to retrieve things and bring them back to the god-like Otev up on a steep incline.

rburly likes this.
  10. rburly

I know the "door twist" may be what I'm describing. Tonight, the HGs found one or two clues. I think it was one written out clue. If you'll recall, that British phone booth had a telephone in it. The HGs had to figure out what to do based on the clue.

Paul found the clue first, but when he put the paper down, others got to read it. Several people tried various combinations. I doubt they'll show this, but, Bridgette was ready to go in the phone booth but Paul pushed ahead of her and won the prize. The prize? A trip to Paris.

Meech (Michelle) had a meltdown tonight. She found out that Bridgette and made fun of her and called her names. She cried for at least 20 minutes easily.The thing is that she makes and made fun of so many people that she is can't be serious. Unless she's one of those people who can dish it out but can't take it, she had a meltdown for attention.

Edit: Here's what I forgot. The person who wins gets an envelope. The only way to win is by being voted out. When you go out to talk to Julie, the envelope is opened up to see if that person won the trip or not.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  11. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

12. rburly

Que?

13. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Of the people left in the house (at this point), with Tiffany gone (I know, I know, what can I say, I had a thing for her), I can't think of anyone I really want to see win this thing. The ratings for this past Sunday's episode were the highest year-to-date, which either means there was nothing else on or it was entertaining to watch (or both):

1 Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1.9
    2 Thursday, June 23, 2016 1.7
    3 Sunday, June 26, 2016 1.6
    4 Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1.9
    5 Thursday, June 30, 2016 1.8
    6 Sunday, July 3, 2016 1.4
    7 Wednesday, July 6, 2016 1.9
    8 Thursday, July 7, 2016 1.9
    9 Sunday, July 10, 2016 1.7
    10 Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1.8
    11 Thursday, July 14, 2016 1.9
    12 Sunday, July 17, 2016 1.8
    13 Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1.7
    14 Thursday, July 21, 2016 1.7
    15 Friday, July 22, 2016 1.6
    16 Sunday, July 24, 2016 2.0

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    rburly likes this.
  14. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Interesting that the ratings were that high. Maybe they'll keep up. Doesn't seem like Sunday's show had some special appeal. . . it was pretty average.

15. rburly

Say what you will about the casting (returning players, etc.), but this is a pretty good bunch to watch this year.

I have to say that I don't like certain people because they're playing so hard or are just mean people. Big Meech (Michelle) had a meltdown last night. She cried for a long time after she found out yesterday that some of then girls were making fun of her in the first week or two. Meech is a very mean girl to anyone else in the house. I'm no fan of Michelle.

16. Frank

Frank Senior Member

rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  17. rburly

That's great IMO! The first time they did it in the Winter/Spring due to the writers strike. I'll watch it if it's on. Like the programming guy said, I've never missed a season of it.

18. Tom in Houston

And all of the losing players in The Battle Back, will be candidates for the Season 19 cast!

(I made this up people, don't freak out)

rburly likes this.
  19. rburly

NO! Just saw your parens!

We should make a list of the worst players on BB. Audrey, etc. (interrupted, gotta go)

Tom in Houston likes this.
  20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Just so Mike Boogie never steps foot in that house again. . . .

applebonkerz likes this.
  21. rburly

I don't know what they're going to show tonight, but it's really funny in that house. (Actually, they'll follow the script as usual). Julie will explain my last Spoiler above so it makes sense to everyone. It's very convoluted in practice. There are a couple of twists that I hope Julie talks about tonight.

Corey and Nicole have something on, but who knows what it is. Nicole whines far too much this year. James and Natalie have a thing going on, and it seems really real. I hope they get together and make little James'. Well, I guess they'll have little people due to genetics. Then there's Corey and Z. That's another relationship of convenience. And Frank and Bridgette is the most interesting relationship in the house.

Everyone in the house wonders how they're being portrayed (edited) on the show. I like Natalie (she shouldn't be on this show. She was recruited and barely knows anything about the game. Corey was recruited as well and is also oblivious to what most of us who watch the show have known for years. The dude hasn't worn a shirt in a week, I believe. So much more...

22. Tom in Houston

James called a Derrick (season 16) -style house meeting. But James forgot to have the natural authority that Derrick's life as a cop had built within.

So Cody's brother did the dirty work for him.

23. Grant

Tonight's show was a high school soap opera. Michelle has the hots for Frank and is jealous of Brigette??? She wants to get rid of the competition so she can have Frank to herself? OMG!!!

Paul tries to play head games in the kitchen, then James calls a useless house meeting where he apparently says little to nothing, and...geez! Unless the editors went crazy, everyone in that place is going nuts. Now all we need is a knock-down, drag-out fight.

24. rburly

Frank will seeing if his envelope has the prize in it. Paul and Michelle, I think already opened theirs, and it's plane tickets back to their hometown. Frank gave the old college try this past week, but like Tiffany, he got caught up in Day's lies and he's taking the fall. I have to admit that Day is really playing a restrained game socially.

25. rburly

Michelle and Bridget both have had the hots for Frank since the beginning. Bridgette is a very needy person, and acts like a child inter-personally with almost everyone else in the house. So the cattiness goes on now with both Frank and Bridgette on the block.

Paulie is essentially the self-appointed leader, mostly because, as you pointed out Grant, Paulie has the leadership qualities and people listen to him. Don't bother with James... he's too busy with Natalie. :p

Grant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.