Wonder Woman (2017)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AND some of us are not comic book people and do';t know anything how the history, folklore, storylines and such. I'm not a fanboy of these characters (no offense intended), so I personally just enjoy (or not) what I see on the screen and have no pre conceived notions. As I have written earlier, I seem to be one of the few here who really enjoyed BvS.

2. Interesting. I have no idea who that person is. But she doesn't seem to me the character I envision. Just some chick dressed for Halloween or Comic Con or in a catalogue showcasing the costume.

3. And she is perfect for the part IMHO. I didn't even recognize her from the Fast Furious films where she was wasted but probably got nice paychecks.

GodShifter likes this.
  4. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

She is an actress and I believe she could pull it off, but that ship has sailed.

Mazzy likes this.
  5. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

[​IMG]

Nah, actually I have nothing against her or even this film specifically. I just think the superhero thing has gotten a bit out of hand. Too much.

6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Which are worse....RIP threads or Superhero movies?

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

No, I did too but have probably repeated this assertion too many times.

Mazzy likes this.
  8. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

You need thumbs to hold a sword properly.

9. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Without the star-spangled granny panties, the character loses its Freudian power. I'm sure the new version will play on the Amazonian Warrior aspect for all that's worth. Gadot looks more Angelina Jolie than Sigourney Weaver, as female heroes go, but I'm sure the casting directors know what they're doing...

10. Thievius

Funny.

noname74 likes this.
  11. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

My opinion was based on what I saw in the trailer. I didn't see anything that I hadn't seen many times before in these types of movies.

12. Sarah S. The Hendrix Nut

Sarah S. The Hendrix Nut Well-Known Member

I liked it, too.
    There are any number of things they are doing that I don't like. But I can live with them and wish for the best.

13. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Wonder Woman looks pretty good, and so does the movie (boom tish), except for the colour palette (boo hiss).

League Of Extraordinary Justice Men ... meh. Watched the trailer twice and just not feeling the bern.

--Geoff

14. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Ummm...the Lasso of Truth is RIGHT THERE IN TRAILER. Look closer.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  15. David Campbell

B..but if it's not exactly like the comic books published 60 years ago or like the movies and TV shows 40 years ago,it's not authentic! If it ain't Linda Carter or Chris Reeve or Adam West in Lycra spandex perpetually smiling it isn't the real versions of these characters! I don't care if times and tastes change! I don't care if a direct remake of the Wonder Woman TV show would be a financial disaster! I want my nostalgia validated! Let's get Linda back in the costume NOW! I don't CARE if she's 64 years old!*

Bah! I don't like change! Change is bad! This automatically sucks! I'm not going to see this tripe! How dare you have an open mind! I'm a TRUE fan unlike you! I demand you hate this before you see it! Agree with me!!! Snyder sucks! DC Movies Suck! Give Superman back his trunks!!! Hate hate HATE!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Joe r.fanboytroll

P.S. HATE!!!!

;)

Anyhow, it looks good and Gal was the best thing about BvS and she'll do fine. Liked the bit with Etta Candy at the end. I'm looking forward to this more than Justice League.

*Although Linda still looks great and likely would still look pretty good in that costume...

16. Sarah S. The Hendrix Nut

My uncle met Lynda Carter.
    He used to deliver propane gas to her house. The first time he went there, he saw her swimming in her pool.
    He didn't realize it was her, just some beautiful woman in a bathing suit.
    A coworker had to tell him who it was!
    She answered the door a couple of times and he got to talk to her, that was forever ago, the show was probably still on then.

David Campbell likes this.
  17. David Campbell

And I just realized I misspelled Lynda's name...:oops:

Speaking of Lynda she is the President of the United States on the upcoming season of Supergirl. Hail to the chief !

18. Thievius

Even though the character herself is nothing new, does this film strike anyone else as DC's answer to Captain America? I'm no WW expert, did she always have a shield?

19. Sarah S. The Hendrix Nut

Am I the only one who didn't know she sings? She sounds great!
    Lynda Carter's Official Website. Lynda offers CDs and More ยป

I'm gonna have to add this one to my collection!

20. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

You get a pass on misspelling her name as your post was pretty funny and I agreed with it a 100%.

21. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

[​IMG]

22. Yes, the iconic Lasso is there, but it's obviously been reduced to Wonder Woman's auxiliary weapon. While swords and shields undoubtedly have more universal recognition, this blatant disregard for her main tool - as long since established by the comic book canon - is just plain disrespectful to the source material. Then again, it's not as if the "Superman" depicted in Man of Steel or now Dawn of Justice was any more faithful! What about Batman's new disregard of human lives or sudden taste for firearms?

23. Stormrider77

Stormrider77 Forum Resident

Do you read the comics? It's not blatantly disregarding the source material. She's been using a sword and shield for years now in the books at different times. Seriously, you sound like you stopped following the character back in the 70's.

cwd, GodShifter and David Campbell like this.
  24. Stormrider77

Stormrider77 Forum Resident

And this continual pointing out of Batman killing in BVS when he's killed in EVERY Batman movie since the 89 one is ridiculous. It's not new but you have the same people harping on it over and over like its the first time it happened. Does he have guns on the Batmobile in this movie? Yes but he also had them on the other Batmobiles and the Batwing in the older films and used them there too. I agree it doesn't fit the comic portrayal, they took liberties but please stop acting like it's some new twisted portrayal of Batman when he's doing the same thing he's done in every other movie.

Walt, GodShifter and David Campbell like this.
  25. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Looks good man..but I'm usually disappointed.. I HAVE HOPE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.