Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Well, no not me, but I would be interested in buying just the 4.0, and 5.1 material. But I think folks are in luck here.

$700 list price could = $500 retail price. Sell off your surround discs for $200, and you are left with only a $300 investment excluding taxes if you paid sale tax.

SKU: PFBOX
    $700.00

The Early Years Box Set: 1965-1972 ยป

Runicen, Simon A and Daniel Plainview like this.
  2. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

Welp, they priced me out of this one. It's a shame that I literally cannot afford to like early Pink Floyd anymore.

3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

They must be knowing that already, and decided ok, fans are going to get this free within 4 hours of release. So we need to make it very visual, different types of discs, formats, and goodies. Make it hard to copy all of it in one go. And make it very deluxe.

4. AWESOM-O

AWESOM-O Forum Resident

Can't afford it + probably no space for it + can't even get the webstore link to work + don't know track listing + Floyd = instant purchase!

Now if only the link would work...

5. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Yeah, really curious to know how much overlap there is in their archives vs. the community archives.

Gonna be real interesting when they unveil all the nerdy details.

Hattipper likes this.
  6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Watch the classifieds for folks selling off their parts of this set after they snatch up the surround content. Or the reverse, they want to dump the BD discs.

bobloblaw likes this.
  7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

To kick back your favorite chair - in the studio while the Meddle and Obscured by Clouds multi-tracked tapes playback surrounding you in absolutely perfect high-res sound is a treat worth living for. Throw in AHM and it's worth a couple hundred.

(so long as there is not a horrid glitch introduced in the mastering or pressing stage).

8. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

It should go on sale on 11/11 according to the original Amazon listing.

9. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

The surround titles put this in the must buy category for me.

quicksrt, Simon A and RonBaker like this.
  10. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Maybe, perhaps, I could make it (gargantuan effort). Last year I sprint more or less the same on Grateful Dead's 30 Trips, but it included 80 discs, for Christ sake!

11. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Is the unreleased surround mix of Atom Heart...

12. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

For a long time, I've felt like this period of their career (post-Syd, pre-Meddle phase in particular) has gotten a bum rap--even from the band themselves--and I hoped that some nice archival releases could paint a more flattering picture of what the band was up to in this transitional phase, particularly with the BBC sessions and other live releases. Is this their way of making their "awkward adolescence" so inaccessible that only the most devoted, well to do fans can acquire it?

I'm trying to wait and see how things develop here. Maybe a more modest mid range alternative will emerge, but right now, I'm really disappointed with the brand managers of Pink Floyd, Inc. I'm half tempted to write Nick Mason a letter, for all the good it would do.

tedhead and Rne like this.
  13. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

27 discs of rare/unreleased material for $700?

I'm raving AND drooling!

14. Matadorman

Matadorman Forum Resident

Dust off your piggy bank and put aside $6.54 per day until release date and you've got $700, just give up your morning coffee for a few months.

15. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

99% sure it is.Tho the Floyd threw us all for a loop with this one so we'll see.

16. rontoon

I'm giving up Starbucks for this!

17. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

That price is crazy if that is indeed the real price. Time to decide which organs I don't need.

*Zod*, jlf and mestreech like this.
  18. I can't understand why it's appearing and then disappears from the official online PF store again and again.

19. rontoon

Apparently Andy Jackson did all the new 5.1 mixes.

20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

No, the unreleased quad mix included is of Meddle.

Atom Heart was out in quad previously UK and German SQ LPs.

Simon A and Hymie the Robot like this.
  21. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Or if you are a smoker, make this the reason you finally quit! Go cold turkey right now!!

Esperanzan and rontoon like this.
  22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The first time they were testing to see if it would load right, and the second time it went down was maybe because Floyd fans crashed the page with hysterical button clicking.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  23. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

That is an impressive box set! I don't know if I can resist not buying this. Bought the blue Dylan box and have no regrets.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  24. 27 discs plus one bonus disc and a Syd T-shirt if purchased from Ward Brothers - Japanese import edition. $899.99
    @rstamberg has already preordered. :uhhuh:

rstamberg and quicksrt like this.
  25. By the way . . . I'm in! :bdance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.