Maureen McCormick & Eve Plumb Question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

At the recent Brady Bunch reunions, why don't Maureen and Eve ever appear together anymore?

2. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Because it's always "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"? :shh:

3. MikaelaArsenault

Nah. I don't think that's it.

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Eve Plumb has avoided virtually all BB reunion since the plug was pulled on the show by the creator and executive producer in 1974. Maureen McCormick now shuns any related activities too.. If you're attempting to imply the two had some kind of personal conflict, that's not even close to the truth. Their individual reasons for avoiding BB are personal.

bababooey and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  5. MikaelaArsenault

Well, that makes total sense to me now. Thank you for helping me out.

6. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

That's simply not true. Eve Plumb and Maureen McCormick were both in the 'Very Brady Christmas' special in the '80s as well as the infamous reunion show on 'Sally Jessy' in the early '90s when it rained.

Grand_Ennui and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  7. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

And this one time that they did appear together, Susan Olsen was gone....

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  8. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

It's also not true that they never feuded. Eve was angry with Maureen over something she said in her book and has refused to speak to her for years.

MikaelaArsenault and GodShifter like this.
  9. profholt82

I wasn't aware of that. It's not surprising though. Lots of drama and intrigue behind the scenes with those Bradys. I read 'Growing Up Brady' by Barry Williams back in the 90s, which was a fun read, but I haven't really thought about them in years. Maybe I'll check out Maureen's book at some point. I loved the show growing up, and watched it daily in syndication, I should revisit it.

10. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Appear together? Pssh. It's because they're the same person.

11. Grant

Well, the issues, gathered from what i've read from not only interviews and the Barry Williams book, their issues have to do with problems they had during and after the show including drugs, and being typecast child stars.

Vidiot and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  12. Grant

I did use the word "virtually", which left an out. I do remember at least McCormack being in a Brady Bunch movie or TV show. Eve Plumb, not so much.

I remember the Sally Jessy Raphael show, but not the episode you mention.

profholt82 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  13. Grant

I will concede to the others who have contradicted what I wrote.

I have that book "Growing Up Brady", and one by creator Sherwood Schwartz. Even crazier stuff happened on that show that is in those books. Some pretty bad stuff too. But, I really don't like to dwell too much on it, as it was my favorite TV show from 1971-1973. Hey, I was a kid, just a year younger than Susan Olsen (which is surprising, considering how young she looked on screen). I have all five seasons on DVD.:shh:

It also kind of ruined it for me when I found out what a pain in the ass Robert Reed was, constantly checking out accuracies in the scripts with the library.:D

fr in sc, zebop, profholt82 and 2 others like this.
  14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Robert's memos to Sherwood are hilarious! I mean, he was right most of the time... but he should have realized that he needed to just shut up and do his job and act.

Vidiot, Jrr, chilinvilin and 6 others like this.
  15. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Weren't they both in "The Brady Girls Get Married" reunion movie and its spin-off TV series?

16. MikaelaArsenault

I just realized that I made a mistake in the thread title and I forgot to add a letter. Now, I cannot change it myself.

17. Those memos are more entertaining than the show ever was. They should be issued as a short book, along with relevant excerpts from the scripts he was railing against.

18. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

However, it must be noted that Robert Reid treated those kids as if they were his own.

Hep Alien, somnar, MikeInFla and 3 others like this.
  19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Barry's book was quite the eye opener.

spanky1 likes this.
  20. profholt82

Here's a pic of the show from the Barry Williams book. It's terrible quality, but you should be able to make everyone out.
    [​IMG]

And here is a contemporary article about the reunion that I found:
    `Liquid Sunshine` Sally Jessy Raphael Sloshes Through First Day Of Taping In Rainy Fort Lauderdale »

Hep Alien and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  21. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Wish the show was on netflix (along with PF).

Darryl

Jim Pattison and MikeInFla like this.
  22. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Part of the tension stems from wording in McCormick's autobiography, "Here's the Story," that - according to Plumb and others - insinuates that the two had a lesbian relationship.

In a 2008 interview on the "Today" show, McCormick said the offending remark, in which she said she had kissed Plumb, had been taken out of context by both Plumb and by media outlets, which blew it out of proportion.

McCormick explained that she kisses all her friends and co-workers, male and female, out of affection.

Plumb feels McCormick's initial words were purposefully misleading because she wanted to sell books.

McCormick said she tried to call Plumb "to tell her what happened, but unfortunately, this was one of the things that stopped our relationship. There were also other things, but this was a big factor. It's sad, because she was my best friend. We went through a lot together."

Susan Olsen, who played the youngest Brady sister, Cindy, appeared to support Plumb's view of the situation when she expressed unhappiness that her former TV family is not getting along.

"I don't like there to be a rift in the family. I love them both and this means whenever we get together for any project there will only be one or the other. But I do understand Eve's point of view," Olsen told Fox 411 last November. "She got tired of Maureen gaining attention for herself by regurgitating the tiresome and false insinuations that they had a lesbian affair."

'Brady Bunch' reunion nixed over old hints of lesbian affair between Maureen McCormick, Eve Plumb »

Vidiot and Holy Diver like this.
  23. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Eve Plumb has always been cantankerous about the show, avoiding reunions and shunning questions. Really, probably the most "iconic" TV show ever, so I can see how a kid could develop a thing about being on it and typecasted as "Jan" for all her life.

fr in sc likes this.
  24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yes! It's funny, engaging, and definitely eye-opening! It's a must-read for any Brady fan, IMO. :)

25. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Maureen McCormick is decidedly absent in that photo, and the article says 7 of the original Bradys were in attendance (No Mike; no Marsha). I think the dark-haired girl in the photo is Martha Quinn, who played Bobby's wife in the short-lived TV show, The Bradys.

Hep Alien and MikaelaArsenault like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.