Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Amazon UK has been just as good about returns or whatever as the US site in my experience.

rontoon likes this.
  2. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

That's the one thing I wasnt sure of. Amazon let's you cancel pre orders correct? Also are you paying full price when you preorder or are you charged when it ships? Bull Moose looks like a good option too.

3. Senor Muddy

Senor Muddy Forum Resident

Not so sure about missing out on the Grateful Dead if another box is released this year, those sets are limited and when they sell out the prices can rise quite a bit.

If this is like the previous Immersion sets this box will be available for quite some time.

Esperanzan likes this.
  4. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

Great Box set, their is only a few items here that have not been circulated and it is sad to think that any hopes we had for some miracle Syd Era new UFO footage/14 hr technicolor dream/Games for May simply do not exist. So in one sense I'm a little bummed but in another sense I do see the band has dumped the vault on us like we have wanted for decades and I'm pretty sure the band is not holding back anymore so kudos to them for listening and giving us what we have wanted for decades.

5. LambertHoroscope

LambertHoroscope Forum Resident

You can cancel pre orders and you pay when it ships.

6. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

On a different topic, I bet the studio albums also get a comprehensive vinyl box set after the individual albums get released. The mono Piper and Saucerful may appear in that.

7. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

they don't charge you until it ships, but I wouldn't wait beyond a week before the realase date to cancel just in case

8. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

I'd love a high res version of that remix

9. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Preordered! So the set is coming here.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  10. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

from the amazon u.k. confirmation e-mail:
    "This e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched."

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  11. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Mind-bogglingly awesome!

Esperanzan and supernaut like this.
  12. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

maybe it's a typo and the Obscured by Clouds disc is really a blu-ray 5.1 disc.

13. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

For 700 bucks, I want Meddle 4.0, 5.1 and Obscured 5.1, as well as Interstellar Overdrive from the Ummagumma sessions. And why no marbles? Missed opportunity. Oh well, I still pre-ordered.

Rooster_Ties, mdm08033 and stereoptic like this.
  14. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Some of the tracks are on the 2 CD release, so I don't think so.

15. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Hmm...I'm tempted...

My only concern now is the DVDs/Blu-Rays not being able to play on my PS4.​

16. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I love Pink Floyd and would love to have this, but I wish they would have broken it down over time rather than in one huge box. It would make it easier to justify 4 or 5 smaller purchases over time.

17. Daniel Plainview

Amazon UK now up to $497 American dollars. Good thing I didn't snooze on my pre-order back when the price was $414.

It feels good to come out on top for once.

Oh, but the blu-rays won't play on my machine.

GODDAMMIT!

supermd, coffeetime and lightbulb like this.
  18. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

So, question for those who are infinitely more knowledgable about the Floyd universe…

What exactly, if anything, is missing from or otherwise not on this set? I see a few things have been mentioned upthread, perhaps we could keep a running list

19. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Wow! This is quite the gold mine, isn't it?

Making individual boxes available separately in early 2017? Great decision! Everyone can eat and pay rent now :)

I'll likely pick up the 2-CD VERSION IN November and then consider 1 or 2 of the boxes next year. The only puzzling thing is that they mentioned new 5.1 mixes of OBC and Meddle in the teaser but it's not seen in the box. Wonder what's the plan for those....

20. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Does anyone know how to make gruel? Because that is what my family will be eating for the next year.

*Also, if anyone wants to buy a kidney, please PM me.

21. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Ugh! *facepalm*

Certainly was a "do it while you can" situation. They couldn't even let me get out of work to make my potential order!

rontoon likes this.
  22. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

That solution is usually referred to as "prostitution" and is typically frowned upon by the relevant legal authorities. :laugh:

In seriousness, I'm torn about this release. I don't mean to sound like an ingrate because I can't imagine this was cheap or easy to assemble. It looks like a thing of beauty. That said, here's a listing of boxes along with disc counts and current prices that I've gotten in the last few years:

Streetwalkers - I'm Walking - 15 discs for 189.19

Larks’ Tongues in Aspic box set – 15 discs for 149.99

Starless box set – 27 discs for 168.26

The Road to Red box set – 24 discs for 140.75

Thrak box set – 16 discs for 134.19

I can't imagine any of these cost that much less to compile and manufacture than what's on offer here barring a bit of licensing, but I can't say that accounts for the PF box costing more than double what any of these did.

It's great that most of the stuff will be available separately in 2017, but it's still a bummer that there's such a barrier to entry on the whole kit before these even hit the 2nd hand market. The "Oh, By the Way" box wasn't even this bad and that was basically an artwork and packaging exercise.

23. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

YOU AND THOSE MARBLES!!!
    I made my joke earlier, and I'm NOT gonna say it again!

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  24. The guantlet has been thrown down.

Jimmy Page this is how Zep should have been done. This is how any Zep live box should be done.

The bar has been raised.

25. Daniel Plainview

All I ask is that they tell us the retail price of the separate sets before the full set is released so we can figure out the savings and weigh the pros and cons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.