Big Brother 18 - 2016

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

rburly and Frank like this.
  2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

This brings up a huge issue: Will people here watch it only if the show is on TV? If they put it on monthly pay-per-month, I think they'll end up not only losing a lot of viewers, but the hardcore one who watch most episodes on TV will just not watch it anymore. I'll continue to pay until I retire (maybe sooner, b/c full retirement isn't that far off.

It's something to discuss as a topic.

In the meantime, everything is set. Everyone was in bed at 8 am Big Brother Time, so they'll sleep until about 5 pm. Then they'll be ready for the live show and HOH comp.

3. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

I already pay for the All Access thing to watch the episodes I miss (no cable, just OTA for me). So, I'll watch it through the app. I'd especially watch it, if it were uncensored for language and maybe less edited generally. Or, if they added like daily roundup shows of what happened every 24-hours. Like a 30 minute recap every night at 7 or something.

rburly likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I'd pay I think (did the feeds last year, didn't do them this year because I pretty much dislike everyone except Natalie and that's mostly just to look at) but I think a better plan would be to show it on POP. I like what POP has done with BBAD to make it more interactive and give it a little personality.

zephyr25 and rburly like this.
  5. rburly

Natalie is a very nice young woman. She's 26 I believe and very attractive, I agree. Natalie and Bridgette are almost too nice to be on the show. This is one of the best groups they've had in a while, despite the returning vets. Actually the returning vets were, for the most part, the most interesting players there.

A couple nights ago Nick from Season ? was on the live chat and the only worthwhile thing I saw him say was when someone asked him who was playing the best social game in the house. He said Frank and Paulie, in that order. These people are keeping the viewing interesting (when they're not sleeping) with these HGs.

6. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

We've watched every single season from the very beginning onward. There is no way though I would pay to watch this show.

psychtrailmix, zephyr25 and rburly like this.
  7. rburly

But... it's only $5 per month. And that's not all! You also get to see any CBS TV show anytime you want! How great is that?! j/k

8. applebonkerz

Ha! Such a deal. :shh:

9. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I remember the Networks suing to have the requirement of over-the-air broadcasting, taken off their shoulders. They lost in court.

This looks like the beginning of an end run. Soon their best programming will only be available online (or whatever this All Access garbage is). If they can't be allowed to be Cable/Satellite exclusives, they'll take their toys and go play on the internet, ...only.

Hopefully the regulators will step in and stop this before it blooms. Hopefully there will be a big fine to pay for their efforts to get around the ruling - for the violation of the spirit of the decree.

...and the white horse you rode in on, CBS

rburly likes this.
  10. rburly

If and when something like that happens, i.e. that'll be the final push that I'll need to finally "cut the cord." My son's out of the house, which was the only reason I paid for the whole package. I'll go with Hulu and one or two more available apps/means of watching paid content.

11. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I've got no problem with it. If Netflix and Amazon are going to make original content to compete with the broadcasters on their programming turf, why can't the broadcasters make internet only content to compete with Amazon and Netflix on their online turf? The more content the merrier. It's not like CBS is shutting down for a night and moving all the shows from that night online. They're putting overflow and experiments there.

F_C_FRANKLIN and rburly like this.
  12. applebonkerz

Okay, then why should we have to pay for overflow and experiments, while their prime content is available over the air for free (and usually on their website the next day for free as well a limited time)? I don't in theory mind watching some shows online -- I do it every season that Survivor ends up scheduled against some other show my wife prefers more. But those are available on CBS.com for free (with commercials inserted into them). Fine, do this next version of Big Brother that way and I'll watch it. I won't pay to watch it. I wouldn't pay to watch Survivor weekly either. Put the few commercials into them and keep it all free for the viewer.

13. rburly

Paul, gag me, won the HoH. He and Vic are talking about getting Bridgette out this week. Paul is becoming the Derek of this season (if you think about the Derek and Cody season. It's guys against gals this week. I have to say that I don't like Paul's personality. He rubs me the wrong way. I'll be glad when he's gone. I think I don't like him because he's always talking and is so negative. It's not fun listening to this guy.

Frank and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

You don't have to. That's kind of the point of a subscription service.

15. applebonkerz

Well sure, and you don't "have to" watch any of the free signals being broadcast through the atmosphere either. :shrug:

16. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Exactly my point. But the point of broadcast TV is right in the name - broad appeal. They can be more free in experimenting with niche programming on the paid side because people make the choice, not advertisers.

In broadcast TV, the advertisers are the customers and the viewers are the product being sold.
    In subscription based TV, the viewers are the customers.

F_C_FRANKLIN and applebonkerz like this.
  17. Tom in Houston

Sorry if the Spoiler part is showing. I can never tell.

I can't believe that he was able to calm Victor into being the wallflower Victor was this past week, yet could find nothing going on that didn't upset him into vocal frenzy. He forgot the very lessons he taught to Victor - Be friendly, lay low, (and bake muffins).

But I think the show this week will be more lively with this HoH. I think the others will realize they needed to send him home when Bronte left, for example. ...just for the sake of peace and quiet in the house.

The girls have plotted a female-only alliance to emerge near the end of play, since secret alliances became the rage in what, week 2? Funny that a male should look to be the one to actually do the gender-based division in the house.

Did anyone else notice James admitted that eating was mostly what he did all day? And then at the eviction voting, James' shirt was opening between buttons, too tight for his roly-poly form. It must be like living at Golden Corral for James.

Grant and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  18. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Now that's funny! I said to my girlfriend at the beginning of the season that James looked like he put on weight since last season. I'm surprised he's not sleeping in the kitchen or junk food room!

19. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

He's not. . . because he's sleeping with Natalie instead I bet. ;)

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  20. Tom in Houston

But evidently not burning many calories while he's doing it.

F_C_FRANKLIN and Lonson like this.
  21. rburly

He and Natalie are the ones who sleep the most. Well, maybe Day has them beat. She's rarely out of her room. James is fat and happy right now. Trust me! :)

Grant likes this.
  22. rburly

Bridgette and Paulie. Paulie is the pawn and Bridgette is the target.

Grant likes this.
  23. rburly

This week, Paulie, Corey and Zakiyah are Have Nots.

24. rburly

Paulie is the winner of the POV comp. He will probably keep the noms the same, but some people are wanting him to put Day up. We'll find out Monday... on BIG BROTHER!

Grant likes this.
  25. rburly

The winner of the first America's Care Package is Natalie. Her's is called the Never Not Pass. This means she is immune from "slop" for the rest of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.