Loggins & Messina Soundstage Coming August 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Myke, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

From Jim Messina's Facebook page :

" I am looking forward to being a special guest on WTTW Chicago's legendary and groundbreaking music series, SoundStage, which will be featuring Kenny Loggins and his 40-year career. We will be performing some Loggins & Messina songs on both concert tapings, Tuesday, August 2nd and Thursday, August 4th. If you are in the Chicago area, come join us! "

cincyjim and utopiarun like this.
  2. Myke

3. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I watched an episode from Live At Daryl's House with Loggins. I think the only he and Messina song he did was Danny' Song. The rest pretty much what I would call his 80's tripe. I wasn't a fan of I'm Alright, Danger Zone, Footloose etc. Of course, a lot of bands/people got caught up in the 80's MTV stuff.

Though, because of that, I pulled out the Live Sittin In Again CD. I had not remembered how good the sound quality/performances were. I did see him and America on Sept 2, 1983. I was there more for America. One of the biggest downpours at a concert I had ever seen. They let people in the lawn into the Pavilion. It was not well attended.

After all of that, thanks for posting. I do especially like Loggins and Messina. My favorite still is Sittin In.

4. njstrummer

njstrummer Forum Resident

Nice...saw them on their tour about 5 years ago. Top notch! And there wasn't a "Danger Zone" or "I'm Alright" anywhere in the set list!

Myke and Todd W. like this.
  5. Myke

6. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

I like Sittin In, but Full Sail is my favorite.

7. Myke

Buying the Quad SACD scheduled for today ?

8. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Full Sail????!!!

9. Myke

10. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Didn't know about it, just ordered, thanks for the heads up.

11. Myke

You're very welcome, glad I could help. :tiphat: Elusive Disc should be sending me a shipping notice any minute now...

12. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Kenny plays in the Blue Sky Riders band these days. Blue Sky Riders » They have one CD officially released back in 2013 entitled 'Finally Home' . 171 reviews on Amazon give it a solid 5 star rating. They have a second album called 'Why Not' that's not been officially released yet though they have some Kickstarter copies for sale at their website. I like both albums, solid songwriting and production though some folks here may think that it leans a bit towards contemporary country. Great blend of voices. Looks like BSR will be performing at Soundstage as well. I also just ordered 'Full Sail' today from ImportCDs.

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

In addition to "Danny's Song", they did "Your Mama Don't Dance". I thought "I'm Alright" came off the best of the songs they did together.

14. Myke

Looks like this is going to be the second USB stick in my 52 year-old collection, of everything but 8 track tapes, only because I didn't keep those.

Fascinating technology for an old fart. Listening to my 9 albums by The Allman Brothers Band, on my first-ever USB. Surprisingly warm, analog sound I never would've expected.

15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

any idea on date for an official release of "why not"?

16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

jim messina's "live at the clark center for the performing arts" is on spotify....very nice album i must say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.