Mr. Robot

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dok, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

The aired version of the 1st episode had all the "F bombs" intact. No muting. If I watch it on demand, however, they are muted. Strange!

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  2. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

That's only fair, considering that Elliott sees us as an unreliable audience. Heck, for all I know, in the reality of the show, none of us viewers even exist.

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

If that is true, then who retrieved the basketball? And if his dinner companion didn't throw the ball and that whole sequence was a delusion, then I would be very disappointed. I hope that that don't paint themselves into a corner by relying too much on Elliot's delusions. But I have a feeling that the writers have this worked out in advance.

I watched one of the episodes on Optimum Demand and there were very few commercial breaks, and those breaks were only 30 seconds each. I watched the same episode on Demand on Comcast and there were several breaks, each about 3 or 4 minutes long (if not longer).

4. mrbluedream

mrbluedream Well-Known Member

I recorded all the episodes on my DVR so I can watch a few at a time, and no commercials.

I really dig that apartment that they hacked, i noticed the mcintosh amps.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I forgot to mention that! It looked like a floor-to-ceiling stack of 1000-watt McIntosh amplifiers! Yuuuuuuuuge system. That would easily be $100K worth of amplifiers. Lotsa heat, too.

6. mrbluedream

That whole apartment is worth millions. She said it was a package deal.
    Apartments on the east coast alone is millions.

7. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Wasn't it a townhouse?

8. mrbluedream

Something like that...

I thought town homes stood on their own lot and condos were connected. All confusing to me

9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I thought it was its own building but maybe not.

10. mrbluedream

In the show, it seemed to share walls with the neighbors.
    I could be wrong.

Still a very nice place considering the better parts of the east coast are amongst the most expensive per square foot.
    She had a swimming pool....

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

A 2-story townhouse like that in Manhattan with that view? I'm guessing $15 million.

12. mrbluedream

I wouldn't doubt it.

The package deal looks pretty awesome too. Though I'd want analog controls as well, in case someone decides to hack it.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I laughed for five minutes when they hacked in and screwed with the AC and the burglar alarm and all that stuff -- that was priceless.

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  14. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

The subsequent episodes have muted "F bombs"--perhaps too many people complained?

15. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

If that's the case, I hope the initial reply was for them to get a ****ing life.

agentalbert and Bachtoven like this.
  16. Lownote30

I noticed that happened since my post. I think you're right. Too many complaints = the muting.

Bachtoven likes this.
  17. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

It has the MA warning--that should suffice. It's an adult show, so leave the language intact!

18. Lownote30

That's what I say as well. It's certainly not intended for kids, and other words slip through without getting blocked, so I have no idea what happened between the first double episode and the second. Very strange!

19. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Once again... too slow to stay up for.... gonna try again, during the day-time!

EVOLVIST likes this.
  20. This episode was the worst of all of them so far, when all of the others had been great. What a severe dropoff. But hey, that's expected with any show, really.

Still, I finished watching and nothing happened, except for the flashback scene in the beginning (which was done really well, by the way).

I would think something really juicy would have to happen next episode. There can't be too much more of Elliot jusy floundering around.

21. mrbluedream

I think the last episode is setting up for the later ones.
    Was boring and didn't have me on the edge of my seat.

I'm wondering where Mr wellick is heading.

22. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

The "F-word" censoring is really grinding my gears .

but they let the "C-word" in ?!

:realmad:

23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I didn't see a marked drop-off in this ep. Nothing much has happened in all 4 eps! I'm getting a bit sick of all the imaginary mind games going on inside Elliot's head - it's becoming a bore this far in. Give me more actual hacking and scheming. I liked the Ray related stuff, but at least this ep moved things along in the right direction, so it was probably better than the eps before, for me.

24. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

It's all a carefully designed evil plan to get you to buy the (uncensored) BluRay season box sets. They used to do it with songs on the radio expecting you to buy the LP to hear the whole thing.

Scope J likes this.
  25. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Definitely slow going thus far, have to wonder if its really going anywhere!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.