2016 Paul McCartney compilation album - "Pure McCartney" *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KaptKopter, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that anyone who lived through it will remember how HUGE it was. It IS a great song. Love it.

SixOClockBoos and Mr. Explorer like this.
  2. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

I hated it at the time, but, in the context of Pure, and revisiting Macca's work, I have no problem with it all; stripped of hype, and in context, it's just another song--certainly not one of the best, but poppy, melodic, and fairly uplifting. And there is something to be said for uplifting in this day and age.

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Understood. But 35 years later, I would have gone with the conventional wisdom that it "hasn't aged well" and therefore isn't that popular for modern digital sales. Band On The Run? Sure. Live & Let Die? Of course. But E&I? I'm very surprised. Is We All Stand Together #2 on the UK site? It was a big hit (#3!) back in the day, but seems frequently reviled 30+ years later. That's all...

Skywheel and theMess like this.
  4. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Admittedly, that is only because I have repeatedly re-purchased the song over and over again, so over half of those sales are down to me. :D I really am a 'poor sick bastard'. :laugh:

supermd, Zeki, SixOClockBoos and 4 others like this.
  5. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

I see what you did there. I like it :uhhuh:

theMess likes this.
  6. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

As (Liverpool comedian and actor) Alexei Sayle said "Ebony and Ivory is about black and white people living in harmony ..... ON A PIANO !!!"

oh1 and theMess like this.
  7. teag

teag Forum Resident

Just like The Macarena??

adm62 likes this.
  8. teag

teag Forum Resident

Even for you that is bad!

mrjinks, theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Occasionally, things fall through the cracks... ;)

10. slane

slane Forum Resident

Hmmm, I still don't really hear much similarity between them ('Bip Bop' and 'Bip Bop Link') apart from a very tenuous resemblance in one or two places.

I think I used to believe they were more similar, before I learnt to play them (well, the 'link', which is a bit more involved) and realised they aren't the same at all.

:shrug:

11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

You mean the "Macca-rena", right? ;)

Johnny Reb, theMess and teag like this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

When eating pizza I think black olives matter.

daveidmarx and Johnny Reb like this.
  13. richarm

richarm Senior Member

That's why I plumped for the 2 disc set - a stunning collection at (now) a great price of £7.99 on UK Amazon. I'm so familiar with these 39 songs but everyone of them (save perhaps Only Mama Knows) sounds Fab... As we all know the man's a genius.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  14. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

This is a winner!

15. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

looks like the price of the 4 CD box went up a bit but still $27.00 and change-a great deal!

16. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I guess you shouldn't give me snapchat and spare time at work...

17. Wingsfan2012

The "Pure McCartney" 4 CD box is back down to $23.90 on Amazon......................

18. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Probably more pirate copys. See the current Good Deals on Amazon.com thread in the Marketplace forum for more info.

19. Wingsfan2012

not pirate copies, these are sold and fulfilled by Amazon

20. Reader

Reader Senior Member

If you bought a copy for $23.90 you should check the comments in the Good Deals thread. Amazon is still selling the $23.90 copies but now a different company is listed as providing the copies.

Don't know if this is a real problem or not but it is worth checking into, I think.

There are some differences between what Amazon itself sells and the ones fulfilled by Amazon but provided by other sellers.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  21. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Not the 23.96 ones. Those are sold by Tree Greene and fulfilled by Amazon. The ones sold by Amazon are currently 27.76. Problem is that prices are always fluctuating. Anyone buying should be careful. The cheap one I bought last week is more than likely a pirated version.

22. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Problem is when you type in Pure McCartney the cheap one is what pops up. Most people are going to grab that unless they know better. Amazon needs to pull that if they are pirates. They won't do that until they are convinced they are pirates.

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It still hasn't been determined that these are bootlegs. Someone needs to check thier matrix info with the ones posted in the Amazin deal threads so we can put the issue to rest.

24. Wingsfan2012

Let us know, that would be a major issue and snafu by Amazon as well!

theMess likes this.
  25. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Here is the current matrix info. Compare it to your copy and see what you have.

My copy which I'm pretty sure is a pirate, bought from CakeCouck through Amazon, has these matrix numbers:
    E39-705 disc 1. It's the same for all discs except the disc number, 1,2,3,4 are different. That's much different than the numbers listed below.

Black Elk provided these from his copy bought directly through Amazon and not fulfilled by Amazon.

Disc 1: A0102642056-0101 21 ~~~~~~ IFPI LC20 ~~~~ ifpi X425
    Disc 2: A0102642057-0101 11 ~~~~~~ IFPI LC20 ~~~~ ifpi X425
    Disc 3: A0102642058-0101 11 ~~~~~~ IFPI LC20 ~~~~ ifpi X415
    Disc 4: A0102642059-0101 11 ~~~~~~ IFPI LC20 ~~~~ ifpi X426

where: ~~~ is just used to indicate space between the codes, the Axxx and IFPI LC20 are in the same ring around the hub (a la DADC pressings), the ifpi X4xx code is in the inner hub, and the ifpi is in a logo form.

The LC20 code is consistent with China/Hong Kong, as is X4xx:

Hope this can help someone.

theMess likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.