Pilot show cast changes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Anthology123, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

The only reason Mark Hamill wasn't on Eight is Enough was because he was in a car accident.
    Even with Star Wars, the producers were going to hold him to his contract. He wanted out. After the car accident, they recast the part.
    I think he fits in well with the cast. His replacement was better though

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

OMG , i've never seen that ! and i own the S01 box :hide:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Game of Thrones did a first pilot that was so confusing they had to refilm it, though a few scenes survived to the second version. Jennifer Ehle played Catelyn Stark and Tamzin Merchant played Daenerys.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  5. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

That pilot also had two female supporting characters instead of Howard and Raj.

6. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

Amanda Walsh:
    [​IMG]

rburly and sloaches like this.
  7. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Last time I looked the pilot you mention was on YouTube. It wasn't very good. They made the right decision to go with the show the way they did.

P.S. Here's part one . The second part is available on Youtube also.

stereoptic likes this.
  8. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

The Andy Griffith show pilot, which actually was an episode of the Danny Thomas show, had Ron Howard as Opie. and Francis Bavier was in the pilot , but was a towns person, not Aunt Bea and there was a different town drunk, not Otis. Barney wasn't in the pilot. Don Knotts told Andy Griffith that he could use a deputy...him.

And the rest is TV magic. :D

9. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

They REALLY wanted a blonde named Suzanne/Susan!

10. Full House (Danny Tanner):
    [​IMG]

Starsky & Hutch (Cpt. Dobey):
    [​IMG]

zebop likes this.
  11. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

On "The Munsters",Eddie was played by Happy Derman,who was anything But Happy,and as Marilyn Beverley Owen with Lily played by Joan Marshall! Plus,the Original print was Shot in Color! When it was Remade,Derman was replaced by Butch Patrick,Owen by Pat Priest and Marshall by Beauty Queen Winner Yvonne DeCarlo! Only Gwynne and Lewis were the ones that remained in the Original cast! Sadly,of the 30 Minutes that was shot,only 13 Minutes remain of it.

12. mr_mjb1960

And Beverley Owen as Marilyn! As I'd wrote,only 13 Minutes survive of the Original Pilot.

13. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Joan played Phoebe not Lily ,
    and Bev would play Marilyn for 15 episodes .

wayne66 likes this.
  14. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

From what I understand, Beverly Owen was part of the cast of the regular series, but left part way through the show's run. She was then replaced by Pat Priest.

wayne66 likes this.
  15. mr_mjb1960

Phoebe was Lily's Original Name,BTW,changed after Yvonne took over the role.
    She'd only thought She was going to be on 15 Episodes,but gotten upset when it was extended! She'd gotten Homesick and depressed and was Crying constantly! It took Al and Fred to finally convince Universal to let Her go.

16. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Though I don't believe this version of the pilot was ever aired. They refilmed all of the Aaron scenes with Lee, and aired the 2nd version pilot.

and Kerry Washington was the original Mahandra, also recast before the show aired the refilmed scenes pilot.

17. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Cagney and Lacey.
    Loretta Swit in the TV pilot as Cagney.
    I wonder why she never took up the series role?

18. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

That's correct. I did not notice that the original poster was only asking about pilots that had actually been aired.

All of the ones I named were not aired, though some made it to reviewers (and on from there to fans). I treasure the ones I have.

19. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

@will_b_free

I wish the producers of Wonderfalls had put the unaired pilot in the DVD box, It might have made an interesting extra.

20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I never knew that. Jennifer Ehle is really beautiful. Maybe too much for Catelyn.

21. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

I am pretty sure she wanted to but M*A*S*H would not let her go. Some big time TV producers such as Jack Webb and Aaron Spelling were pitched the idea of two female police detectives but couldn't see the value in it.

wayne66 and Quadboy like this.
  22. timoteus

timoteus Senior Member

The two part pilot of The Rockford Files had Robert Donley playing the part of Rocky, Rockford's father. The series had Noah Beery Jr. as Rocky.

23. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Speaking of M*A*S*H, a different actor (whose name I forget at the moment) played Father Mulcahy in the pilot episode (the only time the character was referred to as "Dago Red" as in the movie); William Christopher took over the role after that and remained for the next eleven seasons.

24. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I was about to post this. His name is George Morgan. (I thought it was the same actor who played him in the film, but I was wrong.) If I remember correctly, he has no lines in the pilot.

25. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Right, George Morgan, thanks. No, he has no lines that I recall but he does win the raffle prize of the weekend in Tokyo with Lieutenant Dish:laugh:

mmars982 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.