Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

D'oh! Guess I should have waited more.

2. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

4. Tjazz

5. Tjazz

6. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

$8.29 :)

Tjazz likes this.
  7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

As I recall, "Fulfilled by Amazon" does not mean pulled from Amazon's stock. Rather, I think Amazon is processing someone else's items. Is that true?

ARK likes this.
  9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yup - "Fulfilled by..." means Amazon themselves don't have it in stock.

Contrast these listings:

"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."

"Sold by Media's Warehouse and Fulfilled by Amazon."

10. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Artfully done. Take responsibility as the shipper while telling the actual vendor that their goods are bogus.

11. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Thanks for the information. The pirates did a pretty good job with this. I wouldn't have picked up on it without your comments. I had noticed the front photo was darker but figured that you do see some differences in the same item some time depending on where it is printed etc. Most of these will fly under the radar and never be taken out of the system. I'd bet even the returned copies will be re-wrapped and resold to unsuspecting people.

A couple questions though. Did you check the information/numbers on the inner ring of the CD? Are the numbers the same or completely different? This would probably be the best way to decide between a real vs pirate copy. Anything about the sound of the discs?

Is there a chance that this is still a legit copy with some minor physical differences? Are all legit copies made in China and everyone gets the same thing no matter which country the copy is from? I would think that McCartney and his legal team would be all over this because I imagine the pirates are selling many copies. It'd be almost funny if these were the legit copies and Amazon was selling the pirates. Too complicated with such close looking items.

I will probably be sending my copy back.

Maybe a gort should gather all the comments about this topic together and start a sticky thread for all to see for at least a few days?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  12. Tjazz

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    black sheriff likes this.
  13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes you need to be extremely careful how you word negative feedback for fulfilled by Amazon listings.

Crooks know all the tricks to get feedback canceled.

15. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

Fulfilled by usually means shipped by. A subsidiary of where I work has stuff you can order. The just have the web page to order things but hire a fulfillment house to actually store and ship the items. I'm pretty sure if it says fulfilled by Amazon, Amazon ships it. It probably isn't out of their stock but they're probably renting out warehouse space and charging for pulling and shipping the order.

16. Quake1028

Quake1028 Future former fatass

$7.91!!

17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I am in at $7.87.

18. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I e-mailed them yesterday, and spent an age on the phone with them this morning (had to call twice because the first call dropped while I was on hold AFTER I had told my story!). I am awaiting a response from the group that is supposed to have the authority to see who changed the text to strikethrough, and whether they will undo this and let my rating stand (which is what I demanded of them). I will keep you all posted.

I did not open my pirate version, so cannot comment on the matrix numbers, and, obviously, did not listen as a result.

Yes, all legit copies are also made in China, but the quality of printing on the official version is much higher (in addition to the photo exposure being more accurate). As I did not open mine, I have no idea what the printing inside is like, nor the disc printing, etc. If you order an official one from Amazon before returning the fake, maybe you can do the comparisons and create a few scans? It would not surprise me if the discs are rips of the official ones.

A Gort or anyone should feel free to round up all the information and add to an official Pure McCartney thread, or a separate warning thread as they see appropriate (unfortunately, there are not enough hours in the day for me to track the Macca and Fabs threads regardless of how big a fan I am).

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted when you hear back from Amazon.

20. Reader

Reader Senior Member

I did open my copy. Each disk has this on the inner ring: E39-705 disc 1. Same for all 4 discs except the disc number changes from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4. What is on the legit disc? I think this would be the easiest way to tell a pirate from a legit copy.

What bothers me is that the pirate is good enough that it can pass if anyone is not paying attention. The inside printing and photos all look fine with nothing to say "pirate" unless very close attention is payed. Do we need to start worrying about everything we buy? Again thanks for the help and spotting this.

21. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Who is to say that these are actually pirated ? Quite possibly they are still legitimate but they were printed in different locations. However, coming from China it does seem a little dubious

22. Reader

Reader Senior Member

That's what I am wondering. I think the actual information on the inner ring area is the best way to tell. I posted the information from my copy , above, which I think is a pirate. If a few people could compare the info on their discs we might be able to tell.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

lightbulb, Dr. Mudd and aoxomoxoa like this.
  24. Amazon almost always sides with their Marketplace retailers that fulfill through Amazon's delivery system. It's why I completely disregard their high feedback rates. Sellers that use Amazon to fulfill their merchandise are protected by Amazon.

A lot of questionable counterfeits and cheaper import editions are sold this way under the U.S. retail listing on Amazon.

25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Disc 1: A0102642056-0101 21 ~~~~~~ IFPI LC20 ~~~~ ifpi X425
    Disc 2: A0102642057-0101 11 ~~~~~~ IFPI LC20 ~~~~ ifpi X425
    Disc 3: A0102642058-0101 11 ~~~~~~ IFPI LC20 ~~~~ ifpi X415
    Disc 4: A0102642059-0101 11 ~~~~~~ IFPI LC20 ~~~~ ifpi X426

where: ~~~ is just used to indicate space between the codes, the Axxx and IFPI LC20 are in the same ring around the hub (a la DADC pressings), the ifpi X4xx code is in the inner hub, and the ifpi is in a logo form.

The LC20 code is consistent with China/Hong Kong, as is X4xx:

IFPI Codes »

When you see the two side-by-side, it is obvious. The official version matches all the images posted online, the pirate does not, as I have specified earlier in this thread.