Paul McCartney's 31 track Complete Kisses (Album) featuring The Christmas Song-Chestnuts Roasting...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Pepper, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry? Thread Starter

I'm thinking maybe in the next couple years Paul should releases a follow up album called Kisses for Christmas that could consist of the Christmas Song from this set and other Christmas classics performed in the same style. What songs would work?

dajokr likes this.
  2. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

Well, this is interesting and a bit frustrating. I bought the "mastered-for-iTunes" 'iTunes Live from Capitol Studios', which is still available. It contains 9 of the 13 live tracks on the 'Complete' release (but iTunes is only giving me credit for owning 6). The 'Complete' does not indicate it is mastered for iTunes. It will cost me about the same to buy the 'missing' tracks individually as it will to buy the whole thing over again.

3. Dr. Pepper

Does the version you have contain the dialog between songs and Paul's introductions? Kisses Complete does have all of the dialog and Paul's introductions, so it might be worth it for that alone.

4. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

Hmm, not sure - I will check it out when I get home. I went ahead and bought it anyway. :D (BTW, just noticed we're neighbors).

5. Dr. Pepper

Cool! Go Seahawks!

Headfone and dajokr like this.
  6. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

I can't wait till then!!

Heck, I can't wait till Nov. 11 for the new BBC set! :-popcorn:

7. DmitriKaramazov

Thanks for starting this thread Doc! The live album is in fact a real treat, and it only INCREASES my appreciation for the studio album. The musicianship on both albums is stunning. AND that alternate My Valentine by Johnny Mandel is NOT TO BE MISSED (shouting here)!

8. Dr. Pepper

You are so welcome! It really is an awesome album, best $13.99 I've spent in a decade!

9. Dr. Pepper

Great Christmas Present folks... I'm just sayin'

10. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Kisses on the Unplugged Bottom.

11. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

12. Dr. Pepper

Have you been a good boy? Are you on the naughty list?

13. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Must be good, I just got a copy Friday!! Yay!!

14. DmitriKaramazov

I'm thinking Paul should release this Christmas album w/ Live Kisses and use the proceeds for one of his fave charities. How 'bout it Macca?

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  15. Dr. Pepper

Nice idea.

16. Dr. Pepper

Just listened to the Live at Capital tracks again. To this is still Paul's best sounding and most intimate performance of his career absolutely outstanding in every way.

theMess likes this.
  17. Dr. Pepper

Still waiting for a Kisses style Christmas Album with Diana Krall on some duets!

Benno123 and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  18. DmitriKaramazov

We'll have to keep waiting for a while...................... :cussing:

19. Dr. Pepper

Here is the whole thing on Youtube!

20. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Is this any different than the BD version released in the mini-book? I wouldn't know from looking at this because I've never gotten around to watching the disc after I bought it, however many years ago now it came out.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  21. Dr. Pepper

From the same wonderful performance, but the BD might be edited differently. This is raw as performed live for iTunes.

applebonkerz likes this.
  22. Dr. Pepper

23. Dr. Pepper

24. Dr. Pepper

I guess the even parts are missing?

25. Dr. Pepper

Just listening to this album again today. One of my absolute favorite McCartney albums! The Christmas Song is for me the definitive performance of the song or at least tied with Nat King Cole's version. The entire Live at Capital performance, the last 12 tracks or so, are absolutely stunning. My favorite McCartney live album, yes even over Wings Over America...well...maybe it's tie at least.:winkgrin:

P.S. Remember if you want to hear this album, it's available exclusively from iTunes 31 tracks for $13.99! Best music buy you are likely to make this year!:righton:

'KISSES ON THE BOTTOM – COMPLETE KISSES'

Paul has announced a very special Christmas treat for fans with the release of an exclusive iTunes album 'Kisses On The Bottom – Complete Kisses' on November 26th in the UK / internationally and November 27th in the US.

'Kisses On The Bottom – Complete Kisses' will feature the hugely acclaimed album 'Kisses On The Bottom' alongside the entire 13 tracks from 'Live From Capitol Studios' concert performance, and four bonus tracks including a special festive recording of 'The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)', which Paul recorded at Avatar Studios in New York in September. The album will also feature a previously unreleased version of 'My Valentine' arranged by Johnny Mandel alongside the tracks 'Baby's Request' and 'My One And Only Love'.

'Kisses On The Bottom' was previously released in February this year to global critical acclaim and chart success. Recorded with the aid of Grammy−winning producer Tommy LiPuma and Diana Krall and her band, it is a collection of standards plus two brand new McCartney songs 'My Valentine' and 'Only Our Hearts' which feature guest appearances from Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder respectively. The album topped the Billboard Jazz Charts upon its release and has remained in the chart for 40 weeks. It also reached the Top 5 of the UK Albums Chart, Paul's highest UK chart position in 15 years, and charted Top 5 all around the world.

Paul celebrated the album's release with 'Live From Capitol Studios', a very special and intimate concert at the legendary studios in February which was the first and only time that multiple tracks from 'Kisses On The Bottom' have been performed live. The stunning and unique show saw Paul reunited with the cast of all–star musicians who had joined him on the record as he performed behind the microphone without either his famous Höfner bass or any other instruments to hand. This magical once–in–a–lifetime performance will now be included on the forthcoming iTunes release 'Kisses On The Bottom – Complete Kisses'.

TRACKLISTING:

'Kisses On The Bottom':

01. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter 02:36
    02. Home (When Shadows Fall) 04:04
    03. It's Only A Paper Moon 02:35
    04. More I Cannot Wish You 03:04
    05. The Glory Of Love 03:46
    06. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me) 03:22
    07. Ac–Cent–Tchu–Ate The Positive 02:32
    08. My Valentine 03:14
    09. Always 03:49
    10. My Very Good Friend The Milkman 03:04