Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Sorry
    I will think about that soon
    Thumbs up
    Paul McCartney

Mr. Explorer and edenofflowers like this.
  2. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I hate to say I agree, but I thought it would be very strange for him to release a greatest hits type album with an archive collection release in the same year with no new material in between, I thought that back in June, now it seems quite apparent.

I hope we get the new album early next year then we find out what the future holds for the archive's in July.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

Perhaps it's time to close this thread and start a new 'Flowers in the Dirt not coming soon' thread? :cry:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cussing:

5. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Probably feels guilty about rush-releasing McCartney ahead of Let it Be. ;)

Beaneydave likes this.
  6. Did I ever?

Did I ever? Forum Resident

Does anyone know why Archive Ram on vinyl is no longer available on Amazon, other than from third party dealers? It was the last archive vinyl I needed to buy and it went from "more on the way" to "item is no longer available". Does this mean they will not continue to press these archive vinyl albums after they're sold out? Guess I'll have to buy it secondhand and hope it's not a counterfeit pressing...

7. Bubbabob

Bubbabob Active Member

I have recently noticed that the price of these deluxe archive packages has risen a great deal in the last 10 days, as well as the prices on the deluxe (2 cd, no frills versions.

8. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

Bubbabob likes this.
  9. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Probably OOP since label is changing. I expect Capitol will reissue it in a year or so with Flowers In The Dirt. ;)

10. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Three reasons why I think "FITD" will be released in the next few months:

- Member "etcetera" posted a week ago that as of July this re-release was still planned for October/November 2016. Concerning the previous Archive Collection sets he was right in most cases with the release date.

- Paul McCartney himself mentioned this set in recent interviews. Excluding new studio albums he generally doesn't mention projects that far ahead.

- The omission of "FITD" tracks on "Pure McCartney" doesn't make any sense when a different label may release these tracks more than one year apart. Very probably the negotiations for the Capitol contract were far ahead when "Pure McCartney" was being assembled (Working in the Entertainment industry myself I can assure you that such contracts are the work of many months...).
    This means that Concord has another plan with these songs - releasing them on the planned "FITD"-set.

Of course this is speculation but I have the impression that the new contract starts next year with the new studio album. In the meantime the existing Concord contract will run out smoothly with one last release... "FITD".

11. ianbrown21

ianbrown21 Forum Resident

Did someone post here it would be released NOV 11? I had a vivid dream last night that it was announced to be that date. Weird eh?

Mr. Explorer, kevintee and theMess like this.
  12. Did I ever?

Thanks for the response. That's what I was thinking too. Perhaps this is a clue as to what we can anticipate with the new Capitol Records deal and with the upcoming Flowers release. I for one, hope they continue the series as is, and that Capitol just reissues the existing albums as they are, under their name. Although, with Flowers being the sole album mentioned on the "Coming Soon" card, there is the possibility that this archive series ends there and the remastering starts all over again...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  13. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I fail to see why any remastering has to be done again with the move to Capitol, apart from albums that haven't been given the deluxe archive treatment yet. Considering the sterling quality of the McCartney archive hi-res releases in recent years, I don't think they really need to or actually can acheive anything significantly better at this point with stuff already issued on Concord. It's an added expense, with added delays, and unnecessary IMO. If they want to sell more bonus tracks, that's fine, but I wish they would just put them in a "Cold Cuts" box set and quit revising the core albums to milk the same customers (us) for cash over and over again. I very much like what Pink Floyd is doing with their upcoming early years set.

14. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

I wasn't aware any remastering of previously released titles was on the agenda?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Just speculation on the part of previous poster "Did I ever?". Or maybe I misinterpreted the post. (#3582). Welcome to the new member, by the way. :wave:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Well, it's available plenty of other places - shouldn't be an issue, should it?
    $28.03 (including shipping) here:
    Request Rejected »

17. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

I hope you are correct!! :righton:

18. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

This is off-topic somewhat, but I was listening to the 2011 McCartney, and Singalong Junk was full of what I can best describe as static. Awful and distracting. I decided to get an mp3 of it (the same mastering) from "somewhere else" (no guilt since I have the CD), and that file didn't have any of this noise. Is my copy defective? Did something go wrong when I ripped it?

I hear this type of sound on a few other rips too, but only a tiny percentage of my collection.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

Too crazy, I just listened to both discs of my McCartney archive edition last night! Don't recall that sort of static, or anything distracting in the sound.

Mark

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. revolution_vanderbilt

The mp3 that I got online was from a CD too, and totally clean. So it's either my disc, or it didn't rip properly (iTunes fault?)
    I have two Pink Floyd albums that have the same issues on a few tracks (but intend to replace them someday with the remasters, and which I also downloaded simply to hear/audition if they would have this static, and thankfully they are clean) and a Doors album (I think just the debut.) I've been blaming the mastering this whole time, and I'm gonna feel silly if it has been an issue on my end the whole time! (who knows, maybe a few other rips of mine have this issue too. Maybe it's on something that I don't play much, like a Ringo album...)

Mr. Explorer and Mark Wilson like this.
  21. Mamunia

Mamunia Forum Resident

I still simply cannot comprehend the decision to leave FITD tracks off of Pure McCartney, just seems like madness to me. A McCartney collection deserves to have the likes of My Brave Face, This One and Put It There on it! This decision seems even more ridiculous if FITD has indeed been delayed :(

22. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Can I check, were you listening to the rip or the actual CD? If you were listening to the rip, the simple test would be to play the CD. From the sound of it, it appears to be a rip problem.

theMess, Frank and mrjinks like this.
  23. Did I ever?

Hey there - thank you for the welcome! Correct, just totally speculation. Either the Archive Collection continues as is, with Capitol changing the already released (and most commercially successful) titles to reflect its name as the label, or Capitol decides to do something altogether different like a giant Capitol box set, thereby re-releasing the likes of BOTR all over again. Let's hope not - that would be very disappointing to most of the fans!

My initial comment was that I had Ram vinyl saved for later purchase in my Amazon cart and it went from "more on the way" to "item is no longer available". True (to Mrjinks point), there are plenty of third party sellers and that's likely what I'll do, but this suggests that Ram vinyl is now out of print and I wonder if this will soon be the case with other archive releases. The third party sellers already had their copies in their stores, so these might be the last out there. Oh and in case anyone was wondering, I've been buying the Archive boxes (just for the books) and vinyls, but I was purposely leaving one or two things out there to buy in between releases. I originally bought Ram deluxe box and Ram mono vinyl, but was going to come back for Ram stereo vinyl in the near future. Perhaps if I wait another year or two, I can buy the same release with Capitol Records on the sleeve notes! Ha!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I can't vouch for the accuracy, just reposting from this website.

From Home - Maccazine »

"First news about NEW upcoming studio album!

Paul McCartney is in the process of recording a new studio album.

Last June he recorded a song dedicated to the loving memory of George Martin, with the help of George’s son Giles – who also produced tracks from the previous album NEW as well as the theme from the Destiny game “Hope For The Future”. This moving tribute to the late Beatles producer features Paul on guitar and a quartet.

So far 11 songs have been recorded with three different producers: Greg Kurstin (who also produced the latest Adele album), Giles and an unknown blues producer. After a holiday break in August, more work will be done in September and November. The new album is scheduled for spring 2017.

This October we will have the next installment of the Paul McCartney Archive Collection with the release of “Flowers In The Dirt”. A new classical work is also due, but not the guitar concerto McCartney has started to work on after the release of Flaming Pie."

25. revolution_vanderbilt

Listening to my rip (and then someone else's rip, which was clean!). It could be a rip problem, or an issue with my copy. It's not so easy to get my copy back out right now. And even then, I had a CD in the past that played back fine, but would always have a glitch when ripping (it was a Paul album too, Give My Regards To Broad Street, and I think it was a pop on Good Day Sunshine. I exchanged it and the next copy ripped clean.)