Ron Howard's Beatles Documentary Feature Film About The Band's Touring Years, "Eight Days a Week"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jordanlolss, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Well, i know of at least one collector who have complete film. And HiWax have excerpts from it. I gather that film is very dark and for uber-fans only.
    Jorg Piper also lists another newsreel showing Beatles in 12/65 during or right before UK tour. Nothing from December is circulated.

2. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I had that poster on my dorm room wall when I was in college. It got a lot of reaction.

theMess and nikh33 like this.
  3. SixtiesGuy

SixtiesGuy Ministry of Love

How about Tom Hanks? Will he be in the film to cleverly state how appropriate it is to have Whoopi Goldberg in the film because it continues the long tradition of having irrelevant people, famous for being famous, glom onto the Beatles?

4. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I'm very surprised that the "powers that be" whether Ron Howard, or the Beatles/widows, thought it a fresh idea to use Hollywood talking heads. Half of America roll their eyes whenever these "experts" show up on documentaries. Especially when most of these actors/actresses make films glorifying gun violence, can't stay off drugs/alcohol, and can't hold a marriage together to save their lives... I think that's where all this disdain stems from. They are the "posh girl" George makes fun of in A Hard Day's Night.

ransmiller and SixtiesGuy like this.
  5. SixtiesGuy

EXACTLY. However, you forgot to add that many have IQ's smaller than their shoe size, yet feel entirely qualified and empowered to give us the benefit of their infinite wisdom on all sorts of weighty issues. Perhaps they are not as bad, though, as those among us who actually pay attention to what these vapid twits have to say.

WMunney and RAJ717 like this.
  6. astronauta

astronauta Forum Resident

Well ladies, here you got a little preview from the film

theMess, mw1917 and crossroads69 like this.
  7. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Cool story but not exactly insightful. It was the 60s and this kind of story played out everywhere then. The bus. Colleges. Sporting events. Not just at a Beatles concert. I'm still waiting for something rare and unseen to appear in a trailer...

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Mademoiselle Kitty!

theMess and ConnieGuitar like this.
  9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

10. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

If there is in fact first generation reels still out there (as assumed based on the Antholgy clips) I still wonder why those three were left off Anthology. At least Junk from that session was included.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  11. HoundsOBurkittsville

HoundsOBurkittsville Deep Wine List Sonic Equivalency

I thought for sure she would have covered "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" on that record.

As a special dedication to Ron Howard...thus, making her involvement in the movie a bit more understandable. :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    theMess likes this.
  12. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

He will be guest performing in the Monty Python segment as fifth Rutle Leppo...

dewey02 likes this.
  13. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

He was busy doing an interview for the next Ron Howard pseudo-documentary on that band the O-needers and trying to explain why all the girls were so infatuated with "Shades." There is said to be rare and unseen footage of Lenny doing karaoke in Las Vegas, Faye vocalizing with the band on the day that Jimmy quit, and we learn the real name of T.B. Player.

utopiarun, ajsmith and Mike Visco like this.
  14. SixtiesGuy

For a minute there I took it for this one:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  15. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Or this one?
    [​IMG]

Simon A and Yayastone like this.
  16. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Saw the movie listed for a theatre that's 5 minutes from me! I've gotta book tickets, but need to call the theatre. There isn't a way right now to get them online from them.

17. Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard Forum Resident

Just purchased my tickets for the show at the Texas Theater. Maybe I can watch it from Lee Harvey Oswald's seat.

18. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

Don't pay, sneak in!

19. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

After your shift at the School Book Depository?

(too soon?)

Brother Maynard likes this.
  20. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Saw a clip of a concert the Beatles did at a place called Dundee, the clip showed a very small bit of them singing the George song Just To Dance With You and the song I Should Have Known Better, I sure hope full live performances of those songs are included in the film, footage of those live performances seem to be rare.

Just remembered, also the song If I Fell.

theMess likes this.
  21. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Is this an attempt at Black (album)" humor? ;)

22. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Nikh33 beat you to it!
    You Can't Do That - The Beatles »

23. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

This is my holy grail (and Let It Be). The quality of the Esher tracks on Anthology was amazing. Is it clear if they have all the tracks in that quality? Sour Milk Sea, Child of Nature and Circles are actual Beatles tunes outside of the current catalog. Revolution is fantastic. The tracking is out of sync about 2 minutes in. If it could not be fixed, it could be faded at that point, and it sounds like a full song. It is a great acoustic performance of the track.

You could almost make a "White Album Unplugged" from Esher demos, Alt. takes, and stripping overdubs off basic tracks (e.g. Mother Nature's Son).

24. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Or this one.......?
    [​IMG]
    :tiphat:

RAJ717 likes this.
  25. Yosi

Yosi Senior Member

[Audio and film from the last UK tour]

I heard from a reliable person who was one of the stuff for the film that an audio and film of
    "Day Tripper" from the show at the Hammersmith Odeon from the last UK tour in 1965
    will be featured in the film.

The existence of the film from the tour have been known but I thought it was silent.
    Maybe an audience recording of the show has been turned up? Or is the film with sound, not silent?

Very curious feature to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.