Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

2. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

It's funny that 10 copies of this would suddenly show up. I'm glad you got one:cheers:

3. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Dennis Metz and Jgirar01 like this.
  5. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Crazy Amazon Canada Sale Update:
    My amazon Canada stuff from the 11th just arrived.
    Led Zeppelin 1 Deluxe - Perfect Condition
    Beatles Live at the BBC - One of the record sleeves was becoming unglued, but everything else was fine
    Queen Live at the Rainbow Box Set - One of the album sleeves had fingerprints all over the front, the rest were fine. All of the record sleeves had some wear, with the paper starting to separate. Otherwise, perfect.

However for the price, no complaints :)

Simon A and Dennis Metz like this.
  6. clairehuxtable

clairehuxtable Forum Resident

I ended up getting about 3/5's of what I ordered. I ordered about 100 Ace comps @ $4 each, and only got about 20 of those, haha. I guess Dennis (or another Prime member) got the 1 copy of each of those that they had in stock. Still got tons of great import stuff (mostly R&B)....but sadly not the Beatles mono vinyl box or Chuck Berry Bear Family box.

Simon A likes this.
  7. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

Yeah, there have been some INSANE deals on Amazon Canada. I wonder what is going on. Just getting rid of extra copies?

I had The Bealtes' Past Masters (Japan) and Robert Palmer's Riptide (2013 Japan "remastered") in my cart but waited too long. Past Masters was $15, now it's $78! And Riptide was originally $10, now it's $53!

But I have gotten some excellent deals over the past few weeks:

- Grateful Dead - Europe '72 (2-disc SHM-CD) $10
    - Dick Clark's Jukebox Hits (10 discs) $35
    - Bob Marley and the Wailers - Easy Skanking in Boston'78 (Japanese CD) - $15
    - Kinks Sunny Afternoon (2-disc Japan CD) - $9
    - Beach Boys - Today and Smiley Smile (Japanese reissues ) - $10 each
    - Bryan Adams - Reckless (2-disc Japanese SHM-CD reissue) - $9
    - Holland Dozier Holland - Complete 45s Collection - $28
    - Dolly Parton and Isley Brothers - Box Set Series - $6 each
    - several Japanese reissues including Otis Redding's Dock of the Bay and Soul Album, the Meters' Cabbage Alley, Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell Easy, Booker T and the MG's Hip Hug Her, and many more for under $5
    - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - Nine Tonight (with large T-shirt) $4.50
    - many of those Pure 70s, 90s, Legends, etc. 4-disc sets for under $5
    - David Lee Roth - Greatest Hits (CD/DVD) - $4.85
    - lots of reissues from Funky Town Grooves and BBR (ie. Switch, O'Jays, Gap Band) for under $5

Luckily, I live in Toronto, so the items were shipped quickly and efficiently.

PhantomStranger and Simon A like this.
  8. Marcust99

Marcust99 Forum Resident

9. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Wish I'd known about this one. What a deal!

Torontotom likes this.
  10. Torontotom

Yeah, I don't have a lot of Grateful Dead in my collection but I thought, "I'm sure a lot of the Hoffman members would approve!" So I couldn't resist.

Not sure if this was just a once-in-a-lifetime sale but I'll keep any eye out.

joelee and Electric like this.
  11. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

OK, I gotta start getting in on these things. Do you just watch the 'deals' section?

12. Torontotom

I just happened to notice that certain CDs, which are usually high priced, severely discounted and looked at other CDs on that specific label (BBR, FTG, Cherry Pop) or format (ie. SHM-CD, SACD). I also looked at Today's Deals and looked at CDs under $5 or under $10 and would narrow it down by genre (ie. Dance, R&B, Country). I noticed a lot of Japanese CDs discounted so I would look under specific artists (Beatles, Beach Boys, Otis Redding) and would happen to find at least one or two heavily discounted reissues, since many of the Japanese discounts were over $10 so they might not end up on the Deals pages. I pretty much looked for CDs by artists I enjoy and was lucky to find a number of items I wanted.

There was a lot I didn't buy - there were SHM-CDs for KISS, Bachman Turner Overdrive, and Rolling Stones. There was also Electric Light Orchestra Live (SHM-CD) for $13.

Electric likes this.
  13. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

For those who enjoy Classical music, the MDG (Musikproduktion Dabringhaus und Grimm) label is releasing a Hybrid Stereo/Multichannel SACD sampler. The disc contains 28 tracks for over 78 minutes of music in both Stereo and Multichannel and showcasing a wide variety of recordings. It's a great way to discover new "old" music.

It's available for pre-order at a low price on in the US and in Canada. Germany and the UK offer it for more.

U.S. pre-order

Canada pre-order

U.K. pre-order

Germany pre-order

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sirmikael and Lethrus like this.
  14. Torontotom

Mr. H likes this.
  15. KeithH

Thanks, Simon! I just ordered it for $6.34 USD shipped from amazon.com. :)

Simon A likes this.
  16. fredgsanford

fredgsanford Forum Resident

Simon A likes this.
  17. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

fredgsanford likes this.
  18. KeithH

19. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Just tried with your post, and it's now accepting my address. When I tried this morning, I got the message that they wouldn't deliver to my address.

20. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

These look to be new copies, why would the discs be scratched? Is that an issue with the set?

21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Carted up 5 cds, tried to
    check out and .....

Sorry, but this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

To ship this item to additional addresses, increase the quantity.

:realmad:

The Beave likes this.
  22. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

23. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Well-Known Member

Does anyone know any cheap or fair Japanese classical music online store that can ship internationally, like importcds.com of U.S.? Thank you guys.

24. chaz

chaz Senior Member

cdjapan.co.jp

Shapeshifter likes this.
  25. Torontotom

BTW, off-topic, Amazon Japan is no longer using express for their CD shipments. Before they would express deliver items, but now, depending on their order, thy will use a method where the package literally goes through three different countries! It's a shame because I loved ordering from there, but I recently ordered "Level 42: Collected" and it took three weeks to arrive and went through Shanghai, Germany and Montreal before it made it to Toronto.

Back on topic - I miss these Amazon Canada sales. They were amazing. I loved bargain hunting on the net for once.

Simon A likes this.