Black Sabbath- The End (the final tour)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr._mojo_filter, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I got free tickets for the Vancouver show in March and really enjoyed it. I just felt no desire to see it 6 months later.

There's no "finality" buzz like the Rush, Tragically Hip or even Motley Crue tours. BS will make crazy money but all(?) the dates for the fall tour seem to be "easy" ticket.

Todd W. likes this.
  2. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

3. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Btw, I can confirm that the show was sold out. Not an empty seat that I could see.

4. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Can you let me know
    1. Stated start time on ticket
    2. Was there opener?
    3. Time BS started and ended their set

Trying to make plans for tomorrow.

Can't imagine tix were selling that well for Camden since they reduced lawn prices to $9.33, though would not be surprised if they sell out at those prices.

5. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

7:30- opening act Rival Sons

8:40 - Sabbath takes the stage . Show ended about 10:15

Rfreeman likes this.
  6. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Thank you. 730 was time on ticket?

7. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Yes, and I advise you bring some hearing protection. After 40 minutes, I put cotton in my ears. That's all I could risk taking, and my ears are ringing today. They play Loud, but the EQ and sound is really good. I did however notice distortion in the bass. I think Geezer is pushing the speaker cones beyound their limits. The man lays down a bass foudation like no other.

Agent of Fortune and Rfreeman like this.
  8. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

Speaking of sound. Greg Price is doing FOH sound for this tour and is using practically no EQ. Really interesting documentary here.....

Chriss Ons, Deuce66 and jon9091 like this.
  9. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

10. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Get there in time for Rival Sons. They're great. Perfect choice to open for Sabbath. If you don't care for them, hey, it's only a 35 minute opening set.

11. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Yes, same experience, 3 years ago.

12. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

At the concert I attended on this tour, the Rival Sons were painfully loud, actually uncomfortable to the ears. Black Sabbath was not quite as loud. They were loud, but it was not a continual pain situation as with the Rival Sons. For the first time in my life, I left my seat and listened to the Rival Sons from the concourse. I could still hear them fine.

13. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Just by the youtube thumbnail i can see lots of eq on the channels. I declare b......t.

15. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

That's "The Prince Of ****ing Darkness" to you! :laugh:

jon9091 likes this.
  16. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

Probably watching the documentary would make sense. Not sure "declaring" much based on some thumbnail is ever a good idea.

Who knows what that is? Could be some ideas they were working on in a playback session. Could be an approach that was abandoned. Maybe Price was showing the interviewer settings used for another project or what's typical in the business...

17. Led9

Led9 Forum Resident

Saw Sabbath in Camden on Friday and man was Ozzy flat. Some songs he did OK but others he was consistently flat by a whole step. I think the Ozzman's hearing is shot or something....

18. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Eh...not really. There's a big difference between low pass/ hi pass filtering which is what you see on that thumbnail....and cranking in a ton of EQ. So, I declare that your declaration of ********....is ********. Try watching the video.

AlanDistro and Tim1954 like this.
  19. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I had not put this high on my list of shows to see at first since having to put up serious cake like 6-7 months in advance to go kind of sucks. However I absolutely love Sabbath, I met the original lineup in 98 and saw them in Boston in 99 and went in 2013.
    My best friend called me at 3:30 yesterday afternoon and said he had some people bail out and that I was going no argument ! I went and had a great time, Mansfield is great venue formerly known as Great Woods. Ozzy was not perfect but his pitch was much better than 2013 and the tone those 2 create on bass and guitar is worth the price of admission alone. I had a blast we were high on grass and brownies and I am still smiling and in disbelief I got to see the mighty sabs again.

20. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

I saw them in Bristow, VA last Sunday. An interesting note, as I was walking to a merchandise booth, I saw Tony Iommi taking a stroll with a couple of security or event staff. He walked right past me. It was the talk of those waiting in the merchandise booth line.

nodeerforamonth likes this.
  21. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Place was sold out on Tuesday in Holmdel, NJ.
    Great weather, and while he started to tire a bit at the end, Oz was tremendous, imo.
    Kept the antics to a fair minimum, and really seemed to put himself into the vocal performance.
    A great night.

Fairies Wear Boots in Holmdel

ShawnX and jon9091 like this.
  22. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I saw them last night in Mansfield, MA
    What a hell of a show. Ozzy still brings the energy. I kept thinking he's almost cute the way he's requesting everyone to put there's hands up.
    "Everybody show their hands"
    "Let's see your hands everyone"
    Followed by the usual "yaaaay"
    Haha I love Ozzy man. He's an icon. One of a kind.
    The drum solo by Clufetos was holy **** good.

Todd W., Opeth and jon9091 like this.
  23. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Yeah man it was a great show, you could tell Ozzy was winded after midset but he did good. Very happy to see them one more time.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  24. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Just awoke after the Chicago show. Definitely x10 better than I thought they were going to be. As for empty seats, obstructed view seats were mostly empty but the lawn filled up completely.

Todd W. and Vinyl Addict like this.
  25. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

I saw the Toronto show last week -- very solid. Ozzy flagged a bit towards the 2/3 mark, but compared with the 13 tour he seemed to be pacing himself a bit better (less ambling around the stage and pouring water buckets). Vocally sounded fine, but I'm not overly critical either. Between songs, no idea what he was saying. Glad to have seen them for what sounds like a final time....

I also liked Rival Sons. I had heard their second most recent album, thought it was OK but nothing stunning. After seeing them went back and revisited it and found I really enjoyed it.

Todd W. and Stormrider77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.