Anthrax "For All Kings" (2016) new album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by agentalbert, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichNY

RichNY Forum Resident

The Nuclear Blast pressing was supposed to be 45rpm but they made a mistake and they're 33rpm. The splatter vinyl has a sticker on the package that says due to a mistake they were pressed at 33 even though the labels say 45. Maybe it was just the 250 splatter vinyl?

2. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I did read about the mistake, but the mistake was in the printing of the label, they actually do play at 45rpm. I read some good reviews, and it seems they sound better than the US single version. My copy shipped so I should be able to report back next week regarding how the set sounds.

3. Vinyl Fan 1973

I'm confused, are you saying the 45rpm set does not sound good? I've read other comments reviewing this issue as it having great sound. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

4. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Mine is black vinyl

5. Almost Simon

I have only played the intro of the first track as ive never changed the speed of my t/t from 33rpm. So when i put it on it sounded weird, then realised its a 45rpm pressing. I know you can change the belt speed manually on a Pro-Ject Debut but ive chosen not to, until now when i seem to be aquiring 45rpm pressing.

So honestly cant comment on how it sounds at 45rpm.............yet.

6. Vinyl Fan 1973

Ok thanks. I just researched this some more and in fact the initial pressings did go out advertised as 45rpm, but played as 33rpm. They corrected this and repressed. I'll give feedback once I receive my copy. Who knows, I might receive the 33rpm version.

Almost Simon likes this.
  7. Almost Simon

8. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

They did several headline gigs recently in Europe, before which Scott said they were going to add to the four new songs they were currently playing when they did headline shows. Obviously that didn't come to pass. Blood Eagle Wings is such an obvious choice given that it's the best song on For All Kings and was a single with an expensive (for this day and age) video.

I'm a pretty new fan and I'm into bootlegs but anytime I see one of their shows pop up at the known site I barely get a pulse. Their set list is extremely static regardless of whether they are opening for someone or headlining. Credit for playing the four new songs, but at minimum they should be shifting the new songs around from night to night so that more of the new record is getting featured; it's just too good to have 2/3's of it not see a live reading.

Great song, very odd to see a band like that on a late night show. Can't decide if that makes me feel old or young.

I don't know if Scott has talked about this but I can't be the only one who's noticed that the title of that song is said by Matthew McConaughey in one of the episodes True Detective.

9. RichNY

RichNY Forum Resident

I saw a recent interview and Scott did say that they may switch new songs in and out. He said by the end of the tour they'll probably have played all of them.

10. RichNY

RichNY Forum Resident

I just pulled out the Nuclear Blast orange vinyl and played it to confirm. The labels say 45 and it is indeed 33.

11. Vinyl Fan 1973

So weird. Others claim their copies, on black vinyl, are 45rpm. I'll report back once I get my copy in. How does your copy sound?

12. SizzleVonSizzleton

Again, I'm a newer fan. But Scott seems to take exaggeration cues from his hero Gene Simmons. Which is to say, I don't believe him. How many songs from Worship Music were played live?

Matthew Tate and Stormrider77 like this.
  13. Almost Simon

I'd have to agree. There's such a great album here that they should be selling the hell out of it live. Most of the band in the interview said the new album was their favourite, its 6 months old now, expensive video of possibly the best track on the album yet they've never played it live and only now talking about performing it, and its a real epic.

The TV performance was very good, was it my hearing or was Frank Bello's backing vocal mic not turned on or went missing in the mix? A real shame although Joey did cover off the vocals on his own. It is one of my favourite songs on the album. I just hope the album gets a second lease of life come the end of year "best metal album of 2016" polls as i'd like to know of one thats better than For All Kings.

EVOLVIST and RichNY like this.
  14. SizzleVonSizzleton

100% agree, it was very obvious that his vocals were nowhere in the mix.

15. Almost Simon

Looked a few times like Joey was looking over and thinking "where are the back-up's?" so must've been an error in live. Shame, still sounded good tho.

16. SizzleVonSizzleton

I only watched it once so I didn't notice that. Seemed like Joey messed up the lyrics to start the song but I could be wrong about that.

Did they only play the one song? They should have done Breathing Lightning. That song is great and would catch a lot more ears than just about anything else on the album. Soaring vocal, heavy in that very Anthrax way. No issue with Monster At The End though.

17. Almost Simon

I saw Joey look over and assumed like myself he was thinking, where's the back up's? It was a good performance and a decent song choice but assuming that its not currently part of the set (i'm not clear) so playing BL might've been a better idea as they've played that loads in concert. Although Seth did say MATE was their new single..............whatever that means in this day and age. Possibly a new video being made to promote the album?? No idea.

18. RichNY

RichNY Forum Resident

I think it sounds pretty good, it's just a little "boomy".

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  19. RichNY

RichNY Forum Resident

They played five from WM live. Earth On Hell, The Devil You Know, Fight 'Em Till You Can't, I'm Alive and In The End.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  20. Almost Simon

21. Almost Simon

Really like the video. Not sure what a "new single" is in this day and age but that's what this is, some good promotion for the album, one of my favourite tracks on the album, (hell, i like all the tracks on this album!) so good to see. Hopefully this will generate some well earnt attention for one of the best albums of 2016.

driverdrummer and RichNY like this.
  22. Vinyl Fan 1973

So I just got Worship Music in the mail today, and it's the 45rpm double black vinyl from Nuclear Blast. Labels state 45rpm and the album plays at 45rpm, and boy does it sound awesome. This is one great album, so is this band on a roll or not!?

Almost Simon, Clanceman and The Hud like this.
  23. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Phenomenal record. I just have standard black 33 - but love!

24. Vinyl Fan 1973

You are right about that! For All Kings blew me away and I didn't know what to expect with WM, but the moment the needle hit the groove I was taken in by the power of the sound they got on this album. The bass and drums sound incredible. The songs are filled with crunchy hooks and memorable moments. The song Judas Priest is simply incredible. I'm also happy that this pressing has the bonus track of that Refused cover.

Nuclear Blast does some really nice pressings and I love how they seal the LP's with both LP's in the gatefold part. I guess they do this to minimize warping or damage.

The fact that Anthrax have done two solid albums back to back after all this time of being together, just goes to show how much of a good band they are. They don't get enough credit or attention I feel.

25. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Yeah. Look at all the attention Metallica is getting for an, at best, mediocre new song. Yet, Anthrax have put out 2 of the best albums of their career and.....crickets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.