Suggestions for record stores in Nashville...

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by PopularChuck, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member Thread Starter

I will have a Saturday to kill in Nashville next week, so if anyone has suggestions for one or two must-see record shops, I'm all ears. I'll have a car, so getting around is no problem

I like rock, jazz, and old country. I prefer vinyl, so I'd like to hit shops that have a lot of used records. I am also a bit OCD and prefer shops with at least a semblance of organization. But if there's an amazing shop that happens to be a chaotic mess, I'll check it out.

Any suggestions, thoughts, experiences... I'd love to hear them.

Mike Halcomb likes this.
  2. Mike Halcomb

Mike Halcomb Member

Grimey's is the most famous one there. It's a nice place. Good new selection. Pretty good used but nothing to write home about.

3. bobc

bobc Bluesman

I suppose the obvious choice is the Ernest Tubb shop on Broadway. When I was there they had a wonderful old pedal steel on exhibition with wome complicated pedals. I think it came from Sneaky Pete.

On the other side of the street on the corner there's a wonderful guitar shop. I strolled in and was overwhelmed by the beaulty of the acoustic guitars and mandolins. I told the guy I wasn't there to buy a guitar and he spat at me "Well, you'd better get outa here, buddy!". He was joking...

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The Groove at 1103 Calvin Ave. A great staff, it's who I sell my albums to, whenever I do a purge.

[​IMG]

PopularChuck likes this.
  5. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member Thread Starter

Love these! Keep 'em coming!

Also, thank you to the GORT who moved the thread.... I had no idea this subcategory/forum was here. :)

6. Mike Halcomb

Mike Halcomb Member

If you get a chance, you might want to see the cool Dylan, Cash and the Nashville Cats exhibit at the Country Music HoF. It goes through the end of the year.

PopularChuck likes this.
  7. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

In addition to these THE GREAT ESCAPE was always a favorite stop of mine. They had at least 2 stores in the Nashville area. I know that the big flood several years ago moved them out of the original building.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Madison, where I am, just moved into a larger building out in front of the old one ( used to be a Hollywood Video in the 90s ), and the other is in a strip mall on Charlotte, in West Nashville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.