BOC: On Your Feet Or On Your Knees

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Siegmund, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Todd W., I was at that show. I remember the lead singer for The Rockets almost losing his sunglasses when he first started singing. And poor Buck Dharma had some cable issues during the beginning of B.O.C's set. Otherwise, it was a fine rock concert.

Todd W. likes this.
  2. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Wow, no kidding? How did you get from Johnstown to Nevada? Of course, I know that has been now 36 years ago. The Rockets had that great version of Oh Well.

3. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I grew up in Pennsylvania. At the time, I lived about 40 minutes from Johnstown. I also saw Boston there in 1979 and a triple bill of Molly Hatchet, Michael Schenker Group and Johnny Van Zant Band in 1980.

Todd W. and Erik Tracy like this.
  4. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Its always sounded a bit muddy even on my old vinyl. When I go back to the CD (I Have the original and the Columbia box set) they both seem to represent the original record fairly well. I think its just how it was recorded. I'm so used to the sound after all these years I barely notice anymore.

5. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Cool, I saw that triple bill show here in Philly, at the Civic Center downtown. A lot of crazy stuff (not on stage) happened that made it probably the most memorable concert of my life.

6. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Obviously Columbia didn't have Blackfoot on their label (I refer to the SIOGO album - which stood for "Suck It Or Get Out" regarding their attitude towards groupies in the dressing room).

7. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I bought this lp back in the 70s. I was on a church high school youth group retreat. We were staying with college kids at a religious school. I spent my free time at the local record store. When I returned with this lp, it got an interesting reaction!

8. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

I think the sound quality of this album is fine. Lp and CD. The remaster might be better than the original disc, I'm still undecided on that. I think the trick is the crank it. I think it really comes alive when it's played loud. I'm not talking blow your ears off loud, but loud such that you can really enjoy it. This is one of my favorite live albums of all time. Song selection, performances, sound quality, production, mixing, you name it.

Bananas&blow likes this.
  9. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

I'm listening to this double LP on CBS records right now and I endorse this thread. Terrific gatefold artwork, cool label on the record, great music. This album gets it.

[​IMG]

squittolo and Agent of Fortune like this.
  10. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident

Yes, this is a rare case where bad is good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.