Amazon Prime No Rush Shipping Credits - an Orwellian benefit

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by cdash99, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member Thread Starter

So here's a new one...

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&no...&pf_rd_p=083c0aa2-54e8-419a-956b-0ef328a2ef9b

The idea is that Prime members can elect free five day shipping rather than two day, in exchange for Prime movie credits, digital downloads, etc.

Between this and the policy of requiring a $25 order in order to ship small items, I suspect that Prime will simply be a way to avoid the minimum purchase requirement for free shipping. If things get to tha point I'll be rethinking my Prime membership.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

They've had this for years.

Lost In The Flood, Reese and Myke like this.
  3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

It actually sounds better than what Amazon has been offering for years. I don't remember them indicating "5 business days" before when choosing no-rush shipping. Sometimes when I elect to get a credit (sometimes $1 towards a digital download, sometimes a $5.99 Prime Pantry credit) in exchange for accepting slower shipment, Amazon ships the item fairly quickly anyway and other times it may take a week or more to ship.

4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member Thread Starter

I'd never seen the option previously, obviously resulting in my opening post. If that's the case though, interesting that they made it front and center on their home page.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

When you're surrounded by distribution centers as I am, you get used to next, same-day, and Sunday deliveries. :tiphat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.