Britney Spears- Yay, or Nay?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronton99

ronton99 Forum Resident

To the haters:
    Off topic, but... really?
    Talentless?
    Corden won a Tony for best actor.
    He has a very nice voice - Adele would agree and did so in her carpool appearance.
    He has done the carpool with a wide range of artists from Broadway folks to The Red Hot Chili Peppers and makes it work, helps the artist look good and provides some laughs.
    Honestly, any non-scripted Britney appearance can seem like a train wreck, but they pulled it off.
    It's OK to not care for the guy (and Britney), but your hyperbole is ridiculous trolling.
    Why are you guys in this thread except to ruin it for anyone who might enjoy it?
    It's a heartbeat away from bullying.
    Grow up and get a life.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Yeah! Who's buying all those Monkees and Archies albums? Middle-aged men, that's who!

Thom likes this.
  3. Springsteen is almost 70 years old and he played nearly 4 hours the other night. And he sang live the entire time

goodiesguy, BluesOvertookMe and Grant like this.
  4. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I kinda agree with all that, but I would say that with some of the songs, I took a liking to immediately, meaning I do think the album will be a major grower. I am not very familiar with Circus and Femme Fetale, but I listened to her first two albums repeatedly back in the day and I always thought she was a good package all around. I think her new album has very catchy, melodic hooks for the most part, as her first two did, and I totally agree with your statement in a positive way that the songs are generally short. I like 3 and 1/2 mintute well done songs. Most don't need to be 5. So, this one should feel like it's flowing nicely. I just think it's a nice jump up in quality.

5. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

If you like Glory, you'll surely like Circus and Femme Fatale. Never heard Britney Jean, though.

Jrr likes this.
  6. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

No Toxic, that's for sure (but I think that's an exceptional, rare song where they hit everything perfect...that doesn't happen much...the right hook and then everything else just perfect) but as I think you're saying plenty of quality songs that will surely grow with repeated listens. I really hope people will give this a shot, after her last album that I hear didn't sell at all. I would hate to see all that hard work be for nothing...I can't imagine how many hours were spent producing and mixing that album once Brit was done recording her vocals.

johnaltman likes this.
  7. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Thanks for that...I actually think I have them for the hits. I like most of her hits, but her overall vibe just wasn't my thing as the music scene changed the past 10 years, but this one they really softened up on a lot of songs, while leaving some for the young folks! I think it will have appeal to a lot of demographics. The challenge will be getting people my age to give it a shot.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  8. Bobby Morrow

[​IMG]

But did he do this in his 4 hours on stage?

No, thought not. The man's a total amateur.:D

9. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I will take half anyday, these days! I actually think I'm going to like 75% of it. I can't wait to get the vinyl and see how it sounds. What I heard on my computer sounded amazing.

Marble Index likes this.
  10. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Man. Amazing, eh?

Marble Index and Bobby Morrow like this.
  11. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I am used to the effect on her vocals, though I agree, I would rather just hear the artist's true voice. What I mean't by production is simply the overall quality of the sound (hey, it's an audiophile forum, right? Not that anyone else not from here will cared about how it sounds) and the layers of sound. I should have clarified. I do realize everything else is also part of the production, and that starts really falling into the subjective territory! I think she sounds a bit less produced than usual, while giving the rest of the songs a nice, lush sound on the appropriate tunes.

johnaltman and Bobby Morrow like this.
  12. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Strange, I would have thought that the glands would have fallen to the sides whilst in that position. It must be down to excercising ;)

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  13. Marble Index

Marble Index Forum Resident

Or a good bra.

She only had implants for about a year, when she was 17-18. :laugh: / :cry:

14. MickeyMac

MickeyMac Forum Resident

Her looks and her body-Yah

Her music-Nah. Way too pop, and overproduced, and Britney only has a limited range.

15. Marble Index

Let's not forget about 'Blackout'!

[​IMG]

Bobby Morrow and johnaltman like this.
  16. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Check out "Femme Fatale". I think you'll like it. It is very consistent and listenable. It also had four big hits released from it. Max Martin.

Turns out that I don't really like the new album. It's too mellow for my taste.

Jrr and Marble Index like this.
  17. zen

zen Senior Member

Favorite Britney Spears dance move?

[​IMG]

segue likes this.
  18. Marble Index

[​IMG]

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  19. zen

zen Senior Member

^ hum, looks more like a spaz attack.

20. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

I'll only listen to her songs in 20 years time if she promises not to do this in 20 year's time.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  21. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

that was cute...especially the end bit.

my favorite bit :

"what was that song about ??"...."ummm...i don't know ~". classic !! at least she's being honest...i could see the appeal (kinda opposite Swifty).

i gotta say...she must be losing her looks a bit though...how old is she now anyway ??

22. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Took a listen to the new album. 'Slumber Party' is a super catchy sassy song.

Marble Index and Jrr like this.
  23. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Agree, which makes sense why I like it and for you not,so much. I think it being more mellow allows it to breathe a bit more, and allows for some better production, but I think some of the other songs sound more like the material from her you like as well. It is a pretty diverse album and it might do really well for that reason. I assume her catalogue will see a vinyl release soon and I will pick up Femme Fetale if you are that high on it. Thanks for the recommendation!

24. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

She might be starting to show her age, but I would still be far and away happy with her looks if she were mine! Looks might fine still imo.

Marble Index likes this.
  25. Bobby Morrow

Britney will be 35 later this year. I believe she was born when 'Physical' was number one!

GoodKitty and YMC4 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.