Join Barnes & Noble For Vinyl Day on August 13, 2016

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by pghmusiclover, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tremspeed

tremspeed Well-Known Member

Cool, I ordered it but haven't gotten it yet. Thanks for following up.

jamesmaya likes this.
  2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:righton:

3. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Nice. I picked this one up also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SJP and jamesmaya like this.
  4. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:righton:

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'm not even remotely a Grateful Dead fan (respect, totally but they have completely failed to grab me in the least bit despite trying). That, however, is one of the coolest looking slices of vinyl I have ever seen.

Vinyl Addict and black sheriff like this.
  6. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Agree, as I gave the music of the Grateful Dead a try the past year, as I got into Jefferson Airplane and love their Psych-Rock(mainly SP, Baxters & Creation), but the GD is too much Country/Folk Rock for my taste(do not like either genre), although like their song 'Morning Dew' so maybe they have some other songs(more Psych-Rock) that I would like. Now if that Vinyl Design used for the GD album would be done for JA's 'After Bathing at Baxters'(or even SP or Creation), I would have been over at B & N yesterday. As for 10% off all Vinyl, not really worth the time and gas to make a special trip, when I had other things taking up my time.

7. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

You might like the Live Dead album, which is much more psyche/blues than country/folk. They started going in that direction later on Workingman's Dead.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  8. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I guess, the whole colored vinyl thing just seems gimmicky to me. How many different ways are they going to find to sell us the same thing?

9. Nathan Aaron

Nathan Aaron Forum Resident

- Completely unrelated to the B&N part of this thread, but more so to the colored vinyl bit, I found this over the weekend at a thrift shop! Today colored vinyl is all the rage, I suppose to get people that might not otherwise buy vinyl, to well, buy it! But back in the day I think it was more judiciously doled out. I have to say I'm loving this one (from 1960!) The boyfriend told me it would work great as an aluminum Christmas tree color wheel! Ha!

[​IMG]

Gaslight and troggy like this.
  10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I like colored vinyl and think the vintage variety is especially cool. Thanks for sharing that one Nathan!

Nathan Aaron likes this.
  11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

It was mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound and issued by Razor & Tie. It's a quality release and the SQ is very good for a 64 year old recording.

12. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Micheal Fremer put up a video of his speaker engagement, in the Paramus NJ store :

13. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Is that a Crosley TT on his table?:doh:

14. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Just wait until you hear what he has to say about it.

LIES LIES LIES :)

15. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

Went to my local B&N today and picked up a copy of Moondance. At checkout the clerk stepped aside and grabbed a tote for me unprompted. Said that people were supposed to buy two albums to get the tote but also that the bags were supposed to have all been given away a while ago. :wiggle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.