Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

500homeruns would have replied, but he's totally immersed in Side Two of Revolver right now...

2. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

I contacted Amazon.ca customer support about my canceled order to complain and see what it would get me. A shrug and a $5 gift card, it seems, is all they would offer.

lightbulb likes this.
  3. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

And that was generous! I truly don't understand the complaints--they owe nothing. People are upset because trying to take advantage of a pricing error didn't work out for them when the error was corrected. Some folks got their orders snuck through before the error was caught. Or, maybe it wasn't an error, but Amazon didn't expect the flurry of orders at that price, and its pricing algorithm was slow to respond to the demand, or whatever. It has the right to change pricing at any time, and you don't have an enforceable contract for the sale price. Life goes on.

4. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

I don't disagree with anything said here. Still sucks to be one of the ones not immersed in side 2 of Revolver. :tiphat:

lightbulb and Gabe Walters like this.
  5. Gabe Walters

I bought the mono albums individually as I was able, and paid way more than $90 CAD for the set, but we takes our lumps. Side 2 of Revolver is worth it.

lightbulb and strymeow like this.
  6. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

Yeah, one day soon I'll save enough to get the box at a less discounted price. Until then I'll be on the lookout for another one of these fluke deals.

7. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

How did anyone try to take advantage of a pricing error? I never assumed it was a pricing error. If you see good price for any item, from a record to a lawn chair, do you turn away and say, "oh, no thanks, must be a pricing error"? Where do you draw the line between an error and a decent price? They offered a good price and I agreed to buy. Seems like they should honour the agreement, if not legally, than morally. Also, there were dozens of albums offered at very generous markdowns, and they are mostly all cancelled, so the Beatles Box wasn't an isolated incident.

8. Gabe Walters

As I said, it may not have been a pricing error. But I would assume that $90 CAD is less than cost for a 13xLP set with gorgeous packaging and a glossy book. I think most people who saw it in real time, including those who ordered, thought it was too good to be true.

9. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Above is my post from last Friday (3 days before the box set was delivered).

10. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

But why should a large well known company like Amazon have a situation where customers have to be involved in a crap shoot and guessing game when it comes to pricing of items? If they make a mistake they should honour it, like many retailers do. If I make a deal in good faith, that should be it. There's no scam on my part.

11. bob338

bob338 Forum Resident

Come on. None of us thought this was a regular price drop.
    Some people got lucky on the deal and some didn't.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  12. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I don't really disagree with you. Apparently this wasn't the first time this crazy price happened (I'm sure someone will verify that).
    But....... when the link was posted, and I ordered, I honestly didn't think I was going to actually receive it. I thought it was too good to be true. It did arrive and it arrived in perfect condition earlier than they promised.
    I consider myself very lucky. I wish everybody on here that ordered it would have received it.

lightbulb likes this.
  13. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

So what is the line where it looks like a real deal? $125? $150? Who is suppose to be the judge? There must have been similar deals had in the history of retail. It's anywhere from 75-60% off from what it's traditionally sold for. Hasn't anyone ever seen those discounts?

14. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Live at the BBC turned up at 13:35 Irish time today. It was shipped from Ontario at 18:00 Irish time on Monday night.

Not even Amazon UK could get it to me that quickly never mind for the bagatelle of 7€!

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Amazon has had similar issues in the past. Here's a thread I started years ago when amazon.us had some sort of crazy pricing snafu. Some folks here scored incredible deals, some got nothing, some got partial orders fulfilled.

Amazon had insane prices on many boxsets* »

16. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Those were the days...

[​IMG]

mrjinks and lightbulb like this.
  17. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

And who can forget
    A mighty odd sale at BMG Music? :love:

"The box set deal is nuts! Here's what i got - free shipping:

Led Zeppelin
    Complete Studio Recordings
    10 CD - $17.33

The Beach Boys
    Good Vibrations: Thirty Years Of The Beach Boys
    5 CD - $8.13

ABBA
    Thank You For The Music
    4 CD - $8.00

Duran Duran
    The Singles 1986-1995
    14 CD - $6.66

The Band
    Across the Great Divide
    3 CD - $6.00

Duran Duran
    Singles Boxset 1981 - 1985
    13 CD - $6.26

The Velvet Underground
    Peel Slowly And See
    5 CD - $8.00"

A mighty odd sale at BMG Music »

lightbulb likes this.
  18. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Well, the Doors set was a good deal...

sparkydog likes this.
  19. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

20. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

And only 4 boxes. I wonder if this could mean the warehouse stock is finally getting depleted.
    Good price though.
    The beave

21. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

$325 @ Amazon CA:D:cheers:

PH416156 likes this.
  22. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

Yup. Had a tab open on that page since my $93 order was canceled...

23. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Well-Known Member

Does anyone know any cheap or fair Japanese online classical music store that can ship internationally, like importcds.com of U.S.? Thank you guys.

24. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

When Amazon e-mailed me about cancelling my order, they said it was because of a pricing error.

25. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

lightbulb, Ben Toscano and MedozK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.