The Grateful Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JRM, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I get emails from the Fox Theater and APE Concerts whenever local shows are announced at the Fox. I didn't look for other tour dates.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  2. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I was at the first two shows of that run. I did not get in the first night, one of the few times I got shutout, but I always seemed to have bad ticket luck at Landover. I suddenly came down with a stomach bug so I wound up not having too much energy to look for a ticket, that was the main problem, other than Landover generally being a tough ticket. Missing the Ruben & Cherise was a big bummer. I did see the next show, and it was fine, but not nearly as memorable as the shows I'd seen during previous year's run. I'll have to revisit it sometime soon, based on your enthusiastic reviews. I don't think I ever got copies of any of these shows, other than the first night.

warewolf95, NorCal and AxiomAcoustics like this.
  3. trd

trd Forum Resident

Sunday listening down in the man cave. Ticket to New Years - haven't watched this in forever. Mix is great and the band is super energized. Tight playing, more rock than spacey through Bird Song

Have some fresh blue dream and drinking a might fine juicy/hazy/northeast/whateveryouwanttocallit IPA from Odd 13 Brewing in Lafayette CO. Just discovered these guys this summer, fantastic brewery. It's a little bit of a haul from Denver but worth it for the beer, and relatively small scene they still have. I go up for their once a month special can releases and it's busy but not even 30 minute long lines unlike so many other beer releases

My room, shot panorama from my seat on the couch.

[​IMG]

Behind the couch is my vinyl storage and guest rooms. My head is about 9' from the speakers, and about 6'8" from the nearest back wall. It's an irregularly shaped room so the wall goes back another 3'6" from there. Speakers are about 4' off the back wall. The TV is 60" to give you some sense of scale. About to order some bass traps for the front corners. Sounds pretty good down here though. The only other change I'd make is to put some sort of diffusion (or maybe abortion??) on the first reflection point in the ceiling - it's only 6'7" Can't complain though, it's actually a pretty functional basement for a 105 year old house.

I've got a 3/4 bath, wet bar, beer fridge and beer cellar all down here with me too. :goodie:

4. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

As in Ashton Barrett's band? Or no Marley connection at all?

5. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Sure is Phil playing bass now. With CRB. Gary Clark just joined in on Schoolgirl. This is good stuff

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    NorCal, Crispy Rob and thewho like this.
  6. budwhite

I don't know. But an old rasta on guitar looked familiar

Wright likes this.
  7. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

Aston "Family Man" Barrett and his son are both in the band. His son is the drummer, and also plays roots bass- the kid has IT.

NorCal, ianuaditis and Wright like this.
  8. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

Neal showing off his '69 Jerry licks on Hard to Handle...no stringduster indeed.

NorCal, budwhite and thewho like this.
  9. thewho

thewho Forum Resident

This has been one of the better Phil and Friends setups in recent memory... Just wish Gary Clark would come back out, those first few songs were great!

NorCal and budwhite like this.
  10. nitsuj

nitsuj Forum Resident

Yes, enjoying the Phil/CRB combo. Good time music.

NorCal, Matthew Tate and budwhite like this.
  11. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Me too. Turned on in the middle of Schoolgirl.
    Much better set than the first one.

nitsuj likes this.
  12. trd

trd Forum Resident

Just flipped it on at the beginning of St Stephen. This is great. CRB is a fun band to catch a couple of times a year when they come through. I can never get enough Neal Casal, he's been a favorite going back to The Cardinals

McDougall picked up a lot of news fans after the Circles Around the Sun recordings last summer, phenomenal music

13. Ellsworth

Ellsworth Forum Resident

I am always reading this thread but rarely post. It is definitely the friendliest thread on the forum. Right now, the Mind Left Body jam from the 10/19/73 Dark Star is keeping me company on the back porch after a nice hot Summer day. It doesn't get too much better than that.

14. DrLunchbox

DrLunchbox Forum Deadhead #1604

Are you saying you want to hang out?

Silver1973, budwhite and Crispy Rob like this.
  15. trd

trd Forum Resident

:laugh: You're welcome to come by, waiting on a serious beer nerd buddy of mine to swing by and continue the lockn streams

:cheers:

budwhite likes this.
  16. trd

trd Forum Resident

It's one of the best GD discussions anywhere on the Internet imo.

17. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

[​IMG]

And there's room on the bus for more!

budwhite, NorCal, ianuaditis and 4 others like this.
  18. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

I was lucky enough to be there. Made that whole run.

19. nitsuj

nitsuj Forum Resident

20. For you- and everyone else here - there is a "source"where you can download almost any - and I mean Grateful Dead , too, albums for %10 of usual cost.

I don't know if people will object due to musician /business ethics, GORTS because it's prbably against policy or because it's not US based. So, if your interested PM me.
    You have access via the internet and they take plastic.

If your against this, no harm intended.

AxiomAcoustics likes this.
  21. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

After scouring the internets, I finally found it!

Warren Haynes Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration
    8/1/16 - Red Rocks

Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration 8-1-16 »

There's a Chrome extension to download Soundcloud streams for offline listening.
    WMWV Radio seems to have streams of many recent Dead related shows, but only mp3 128k.

22. That's 90% OFF regular, ie: instead of 1.00-1.25 song, it 10 cents!

23. nitsuj

nitsuj Forum Resident

NorCal and budwhite like this.
  24. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

Claxton, Wright and trd like this.
  25. budwhite

My favorite '72 recording. I love China cat sunflower and especially I know your rider, it's so bouncy with Phil's bass up front. To bad they didn't film the whole show because the 5.1 mix is awesome.

Playing in band just started now. :-popcorn: